News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

jaxonp

The whole new world bothers me but I think it bothered me less in person. Its certainly not a perfect show by any means. I do know that many of those who worked on this show are sort of upset by how much bashing this is getting by the fans. Its okay to not like it of course. I think it may be hard for Disney to justify fan service in the future if this is the sort of response things get. This show is also gauging how some things will go for Epcot nighttime shows in the future. Hence the higher level pyro. That is completely intentional. Gotta sell rooms at Riviera.

Actually people that worked on this show, many of whom came from the ROL team, have been down on this show from the beginning.

SuperStretccch

Saw this a few days ago. I thought it was pretty decent for a temporary show, and the LED kites were a nice touch. At first glance I thought they were drones, but seems not! it was a fine distraction otherwise considering we have no globe now.

I don't have an intense connection to old Epcot like most here but I can totally see why people were bothered by the ending. Personally I didn't feel it was anything to get worked up about, and at least the other 95% was all original epcot tunes. Overall maybe it could've been better, but imho it also could've been much worse

TrainsOfDisney

Anyone know who’s in charge of Harmonius? Was rumored at one point to be Steve Davison.

I can hope. In my my opinion he always delivers a solid product even if his hands are tied with IP heavy shows.

I also think the attitude at TDO is that he’s the “old fashioned” designer and TDO can do it better.

Tom Morrow

I saw the show for a second time and my initial reaction pretty much still stands. From a technical standpoint, if this were basically any other place in the world, this would be an amazing show, but for Walt Disney World, and following in the footsteps of ROE's legacy, it's somewhat average. There are definitely some nice touches, like the spinning "sparks", the kites, the final perimeter launch, and re-using elements from ROE like the torches and illuminated countries. However, the bulk of the pyro is presented in a rather uninspired way, launching certain shell types for allotted segments without much synchronization or style. At least, that is my takeaway from it after two viewings. It bothers me that hoards of people will remember ROE for "the boring part with the globe" but not remember how dazzling the choreography of the pyro really was.

Originally I called the soundtrack "Kidz Bop-esque" but that's really only true for a few segments. The child announcers and Whole New World ending really do damper what would otherwise be an acceptable, average show, though.

Also, this time I listened to the entire pre and post-show music. I was a huge fan of the two ROE pre-show playlists and was happy when it was revealed that Epcot Forever's playlist would also be "worldly" and not IP or something. However, something occurred to me while listening - I think this might just be all stock music? None of it is bad, but it's mostly very forgettable. The tracks also all have a very similar tempo/pace which becomes somewhat monotonous compared to ROE's playlists, which changed things up with every new track.

Mikey73181

Agreed. The section of ROE with the purple and white is one of the best choreographed pyro displays ever. I was really hoping for that section to be included in Epcot forever.

I loved ROE, went for the final night. But this particular part was always my favorite with the pyro. Whenever I would tell a friend about the show, or when they asked why I was specifically going to Disney just for the final show, this is the part I would show them.

gerarar

Premium Member
Just been watching some videos of some of the more recent displays and boy have they cut the amount of pyro. 🙄
I didn't really take this lightly at all and assumed it was just a minor off-thing or something....but I found a stream from the other night AND BOI WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?!

I only skipped to like past the second half. First thing I really noticed, in the Tapestry segment, there isn't enough pyro any more to produce a "halo" effect around the lagoon..

Next the finale is reduced to bits now....honestly wth. You can obviously tell that there's missing cues for certain pyro. For example the sparkle fireworks, usually there's two of them at a time...now only one but also reduced in half overall...

What was a fun pyrotechnics show (imo) is now just a shell of its former self.

I was honestly excited to show my family this show next month, but this is just a disgrace. If it's really a supply issue, hope it gets fixed soon, but if it's budget-related, my golly-gee...

mgf

I didn't really take this lightly at all and assumed it was just a minor off-thing or something....but I found a stream from the other night AND BOI WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!?!

I only skipped to like past the second half. First thing I really noticed, in the Tapestry segment, there isn't enough pyro any more to produce a "halo" effect around the lagoon..

Next the finale is reduced to bits now....honestly wth. You can obviously tell that there's missing cues for certain pyro. For example the sparkle fireworks, usually there's two of them at a time...now only one but also reduced in half overall...

What was a fun pyrotechnics show (imo) is now just a shell of its former self.

I was honestly excited to show my family this show next month, but this is just a disgrace. If it's really a supply issue, hope it gets fixed soon, but if it's budget-related, my golly-gee...

I watched for the first time last week from the center tower at S&D and found it noticeably lighter on pyro than Illuminations. Illuminations was always so thrilling to watch even from the hotel room. The kite effect was very cool to see from above/afar. Looking forward to watching from inside the park in January.

Tom Morrow

WOW... you guys weren't kidding. They cut SO much pyro, it seriously feels like more than 50% of it. I saw it for the third time and I thought the show was experiencing technical difficulties due to how few shells were going off. At certain points you're clearly supposed to see many, and you see one tiny shell, all by itself... or nothing at all. It has turned what was already a mediocre show into a pretty embarrassing one. If they keep it like this, I don't care to ever watch it again.

Squishy

WOW... you guys weren't kidding. They cut SO much pyro, it seriously feels like more than 50% of it. I saw it for the third time and I thought the show was experiencing technical difficulties due to how few shells were going off. At certain points you're clearly supposed to see many, and you see one tiny shell, all by itself... or nothing at all. It has turned what was already a mediocre show into a pretty embarrassing one. If they keep it like this, I don't care to ever watch it again.
To me it looked like some of the pyro was in the RoTR press event, they looked familiar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom