News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

techgeek

I can’t tell for sure if this was posted before, but this is Alan Bruun and Aaron Rowe explaining further Epcot Forever.

I gave this a few minutes, but there’s only so much kool-aid I can stomach at once. I applaud their passion, however misdirected I believe it to be.

jrhwdw

WOW! Wishes delayed till 1230am! MK is determined! LOL! Was that during the Spectro/MSEP days or was it after MSEP left?

Saw a YT Vid of MNSSHP before Hallowishes opened where FITS restarted like 3 times??? Of course looked for the vid a month ago and couldn't find it.
Sorry to bump but FINALLY found that MSSSHP Vid with what looks like FITS problems....

ToTBellHop

If I’m being honest, after seeing this show, the only feeling I have is apathy. I saw it. I don’t really care if I ever see it again. Kites were cool but that’s my only compliment. It’s right up there with Rivers of Light, for me. It was 11 minutes where music was playing but the selection of song and style was largely bewildering. Things sporadically went boom. It felt like a final goodbye from a very drunk Epcot Center.

Adored Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime. Sad we only got to see it once because we wanted to try Epcot Forever. I would’ve rather spent another evening at MK...

TTA94

If I’m being honest, after seeing this show, the only feeling I have is apathy. I saw it. I don’t really care if I ever see it again. Kites were cool but that’s my only compliment. It’s right up there with Rivers of Light, for me. It was 11 minutes where music was playing but the selection of song and style was largely bewildering. Things sporadically went boom. It felt like a final goodbye from a very drunk Epcot Center.

Adored Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime. Sad we only got to see it once because we wanted to try Epcot Forever. I would’ve rather spent another evening at MK...

I really hope Harmonius is a game changer and truly amazing... but I’m nervous having high expectations.

For anyone who wanted it, the preshow and postshow music loops for EF have recently been uploaded to YouTube.

Thanks for the link. The sad thing is they did what most youtubers (like me) would do and referred to a music licensing site to obtain the tracks. It's nothing like their choices for I:ROE. But if it works it works.

Kevin_W

I really enjoyed Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime as well.

Unlike most on these boards, I actually liked Epcot Forever. It wasn't my favorite ever, and maybe seeing the negative comments ahead of time lowered my expectations enough.

Last edited:

TrainsOfDisney

Who designed Minnie’s Christmas show? I loved Holiday Wishes and was sad to see it go but then I was very pleasantly surprised by Minnie’s Christmas fireworks. I thought they were excellent and the first truly good show to come from team Orlando since the Star Wars fireworks show at dhs. (The good one, before the projection show).

UNCgolf

I also thought Epcot Forever was disappointing. Little snippets of songs here and there with no real cohesion. Very few fireworks. The kites were cool, especially when they had sparklers or whatever coming off of them, but overall it was not a good show at all. Playing a Whole New World at the end was the icing on the disappointment cake.

SplashJacket

To me Epcot Forever was pathetic. My first thought after watching it was that it was something Universal would make.

There were fireworks. There was also music, but neither felt intertwined in any meaningful way. Everyone in our party felt disappointed and they questioned why there was a need for an interim show in the first place.

I think it is quite obvious. Epcot Forever used a lot of cool new technology and pyro but none of it was used in any meaningful way, and thus, the show must've been made as a ploy to get a larger budget approved.

Epcot Forever has set the groundwork for a lot of elements that can be used in Harmonious. By creating two new shows instead of one, there should theoretically be two increases in attendance directly correlating to the show, however, since Epcot Forever is bad I think it might just do the opposite, it did for me at least. I just got back from a week at Disney and I only spent a single day at Epcot. We decided to cut our trip short by a day to give a day of catching up at home. If IRoE was still at Epcot probably would have stayed...

On paper, the idea looks good, slightly create the budget and add two new shows, and thus two boosts in attendance. There is no way much was spent on the actual design of Epcot Forever but instead the infrastructure to create it; infrastructure which can be used in Harmonious, as a result, the budget of Harmonious can effectively be split into two entirely separate entities which looks better for the project to be approved.

If Harmonious debuts in May that would make Epcot Forever last less than 8 months. They knew it was bad before its implementation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom