News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

mikejs78

Premium Member
Side note, the pre-show music is nice, I'm glad it is somewhat reminiscent of Illuminations pre-show music and not IP stuff.
I'm glad the preshow music is reminiscent of the RoE preshow. That and the fact that the torches are still around make me happy.

Hoping someone can get a track listing of the new preshow, I'd love to add to my Epcot playlist....

TTA94

Where did you hear that? I remember hearing the opposite. But it probably won't start until the end of Nov with the Festival of the Holidays.

Of course way to soon for anyone to know probably but it would be cool if Harmonius gets a full Holiday show.

Magic Feather

As far as the soundtrack goes, does anybody know what the origin is of the somewhat Western-sounding instrumental that follows the "Universe of Energy" snippet? It's likely sacrilege that I don't know, but I unfortunately had very limited experience with original Epcot.

erider

I saw this show 5 times on our last trip and loved it! Lots of creative use of fireworks and while I always thought the middle part of Illuminations with the globe was a bit boring this show doesn't have any boring parts in it. I am kind of sad it's only running for so short, I would have liked it to stay for another 2 years or so.

ToTBellHop

Not what we wanted to hear, but I understand the holiday tag has, indeed, been cut. Apparently its funding has instead allowed for holiday upgrades elsewhere, including DAK’s new package, new fireworks at MK, improvements to JB:JB, and additions to the resorts. Disappointing for Epcot, but nice everywhere else. I’m led to believe HarmoniUs will get a holiday version next year. They are knowingly shifting focus from Epcot right now as it’s objectively a mess.

RSoxNo1

I liked it better in person.
I didn't.

Keep in mind that for me, Illuminations was such an integral part of Epcot to the point where if I was hopping there on any given evening I would be sure to see Illuminations but wasn't necessarily going to see Spaceship Earth (or any other attraction). Saying that, I understand that this bothers me more than it does most other people.

I also had the expectation that this was going to be fan service and the A Whole New World segment REALLY bothered me. What led up to it was so-so, but that segment was downright awful. I would have absolutely accepted so-so fan service for an interim show, but A Whole New World felt like a deliberate attack on Epcot fans. In fact, I'd be more comfortable with that being the explanation than them genuinely thinking it fit.

Rteetz

I didn't.

Keep in mind that for me, Illuminations was such an integral part of Epcot to the point where if I was hopping there on any given evening I would be sure to see Illuminations but wasn't necessarily going to see Spaceship Earth (or any other attraction). Saying that, I understand that this bothers me more than it does most other people.

I also had the expectation that this was going to be fan service and the A Whole New World segment REALLY bothered me. What led up to it was so-so, but that segment was downright awful. I would have absolutely accepted so-so fan service for an interim show, but A Whole New World felt like a deliberate attack on Epcot fans. In fact, I'd be more comfortable with that being the explanation than them genuinely thinking it fit.
The whole new world bothers me but I think it bothered me less in person. Its certainly not a perfect show by any means. I do know that many of those who worked on this show are sort of upset by how much bashing this is getting by the fans. Its okay to not like it of course. I think it may be hard for Disney to justify fan service in the future if this is the sort of response things get. This show is also gauging how some things will go for Epcot nighttime shows in the future. Hence the higher level pyro. That is completely intentional. Gotta sell rooms at Riviera.

NoChesterHester

I do know that many of those who worked on this show are sort of upset by how much bashing this is getting by the fans. Its okay to not like it of course. I think it may be hard for Disney to justify fan service in the future if this is the sort of response things get.

I’m not shooting the messenger here, but this narrative really rubs me the wrong way. “You better like the crap we pooped out or you won’t get any in the future you ungrateful slob.“

The fans aren’t just being hyperbolic. It isn’t great and some of the choices are very offputting. It is “fan service” by people that are either blatantly patronizing or have no reverence for the original design intent.

Perfect example; the children narrating is cringeworthy and not humanizing. It dumbs down the content.

Rteetz

I’m not shooting the messenger here, but this narrative really rubs me the wrong way. “You better like the crap we pooped out or you won’t get any in the future you ungrateful slob.“

The fans aren’t just being hyperbolic. It isn’t great and some of the choices are very offputting. It is “fan service” by people that are either blatantly patronizing or have no reverence for the original design intent.

Perfect example; the children narrating is cringeworthy and not humanizing. It dumbs down the content.
I just hope Harmonious wows. I think we all need to accept what the future of Epcot is because we aren't getting back what it used to be unfortunately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom