News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
EPCOT Forever does not appeal to new guests, because of an excessive number of references to EPCOT Center that most people don’t know
Someone should let all the many many many people who buy the retro shirts and merch in the parks about this. What a total failure by Disney selling all these items that no one knows anything about...

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I haven't seen it in person yet, but I actually didn't think it was too bad. Maybe it helped I saw all the negative reactions first before watching the show so I went in with lowered expectations.

I enjoyed it overall. The thing that probably bothered me the most, way more than including the "a whole new world" section, were the transitions from song to song, section to section. That just seemed off.

Imagineerwannabe

look, I actually loved the show, thought the old references to previous attractions were great. Universe of Energy theme and Tapestry had my neck hair standing up. There were the nods to Illuminations with some inward facing pyro and the ending crackle and a massive load of figment and imagination references.
I am not an old-school WDW attendee from Epcot Center's opening day, but i am also far from oblivious or ignorant to the history of the park and given my study and review for various other things has given me broad knowledge of past attractions and the music.

I wouldn't be one of those people who gets misty-eyed over the old stuff and sad when it comes to putting in new additions and I always welcome change and updates and to see more and more.

The story didn't seem that disjointed to me, perhaps it missed some references to some attractions people wanted to hear or see, but they cant please everyone all of the time and include references to every single past attraction otherwise they would have been shorter and less relevant than people are complaining about now or a mammoth long show. A show doesnt always need some indepth story thats incomprehensible and convoluted...

The show is called 'Epcot Forever' It just seemed clear to me that that it played a whole host of recognizable, musical numbers as a nostalgic revue and then transitioned to the 'Whole new world' segment to signify the moving from the past towards a New Epcot, does it need a complex story? I dont think so. The problem with that song is that it comes from an animated feature and the IP-ification of Epcot seems more dwelled on than the intent of the wording which seemed most applicable.

I just enjoy it for what it is. a Show, there for a year, waiting for the next thing to come along. Ill welcome watching it multiple times whilst its there. Its not going to have big budget infrastructure built for the show either.

Jedi14

I liked the show even though I didn’t know most of the songs, but can someone explain what the hate for IP is? I thought A Whole New World fit the theme they were doing celebrating the past and future of Epcot, but people act like it was Disney dancing on the grave of the old Epcot.

Horizons1

I liked the show even though I didn’t know most of the songs, but can someone explain what the hate for IP is? I thought A Whole New World fit the theme they were doing celebrating the past and future of Epcot, but people act like it was Disney dancing on the grave of the old Epcot.
That’s ridiculous. Disney isn’t dancing on EPCOT’s grave. They did that years ago. Now they’re just ing on it.

junglecruise93

Watched it - didn't hate it, but in my opinion not Disney's best work.

This comment may bridge over into the HarmoniUS thread (can't justify using the acronyms fairly until I have seen it)...

Is HarmoniUS too far along to make changes based on the reactions to EF? Do you think Disney even cares at this point? I know even EF could have additional fireworks added and lasers/lights reporgrammed to improve it - I am thinking more of the musical score or "story" changes to HarmoniUS at this point in its development, based on the comments of guests/fans.

jrogue

I watched this yesterday and my one main thought was umm WHAT is Aladdin doing here? And then sheer horror when I realized that's what they were ending with. I enjoyed it up until then...just doesn't fit in a tribute to Epcot. I understand more is on the horizon so then ... just play horizons' music lol

ThatMouse

The hate for specifically "IP in EPCOT" is that EPCOT was known for original, unique to EPCOT attractions. Original music, characters, theming found nowhere else in the world. When you add movie themes to EPCOT, you turn it into a very average theme park you can find many many places around the world. When you wear a Guardians of the Galaxies shirt, no one is going to think oh big EPCOT fan! But a Figment shirt...

TTA94

Watched it - didn't hate it, but in my opinion not Disney's best work.

This comment may bridge over into the HarmoniUS thread (can't justify using the acronyms fairly until I have seen it)...

Is HarmoniUS too far along to make changes based on the reactions to EF? Do you think Disney even cares at this point? I know even EF could have additional fireworks added and lasers/lights reporgrammed to improve it - I am thinking more of the musical score or "story" changes to HarmoniUS at this point in its development, based on the comments of guests/fans.

Do they care? Nope! They have full intentions of moving forward with Epcot’s version of Happily Ever After. Which they know will please and wow the vast majority of WDW guests. Sad to say.

tomast

The hate for specifically "IP in EPCOT" is that EPCOT was known for original, unique to EPCOT attractions. Original music, characters, theming found nowhere else in the world. When you add movie themes to EPCOT, you turn it into a very average theme park you can find many many places around the world. When you wear a Guardians of the Galaxies shirt, no one is going to think oh big EPCOT fan! But a Figment shirt...
Epcot is an IP by itself... the pavilions, the logos... all.

Yert3

Can’t wait for the meltdowns from those that don’t realize that HarmoniUS is all IP driven.
Hopefully the meltdown will be among most people and not just on these forums. The general population seems to be extremely confused on the use of Aladdin in an Epcot show, based on comments from YouTube and Facebook. with luck, HarmoniUS is a complete failure so disney finally gets the message that this isn’t what we want.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom