News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

dreamfinder912

So I stayed home tonight to watch the live stream...on purpose and not out of laziness. I knew I'd have to have a good yell about it with quite a few not disney park appropriate words sprinkled in. Not only was I completely right in my own reactions, but I noticed on the live stream even the crowd seemed...meh. Though I did cheer with the rest when the torches were rekindled. Got chills and everything.

My opinions on the show, for what they're worth having only seen the recording and for knowing the Epcot music from my dad but having grown up with only vague memories of Imagination and Food Rocks rather than Kitchen Kabaret:

1)I do not appreciate at all the "innocent childrens voices" singing songs they weren't even alive to know...songs their parents may not have been alive to know. It's not the endearing "let there be peace on earth" or even "wishes" children's voices it's just bad...it's made me territorial of my own past and my own ty child singing voice singing along with my dads unending disney soundtracks. like who are you to come in here and quote this to me ya little brat, you think Nigel Channing invented Figment

2) It felt so jumbled and disjointed. They got stuck between going chronologically and having any sort of flow at all. It also seemed really weird that each song was like...15 seconds. "here's a blip from magic journeys...aaand now it's gone" I expected it to be more like a tribute and less like someone clicking through the Epcot parks album on random trying to find a song they liked

3) WHO IN THE WORLD PUT THAT IP CRAP IN OUR TRIBUTE this was teased to us as a tender and loving celebration of all Epcot was...and it just feels so much like "ohhh you miss this? well don't worry here's SOME DISNEY PRINCESS MUSIC TO REMIND YOU OF WHAT'S COMING" Like I get the message, but we have so SO many Epcot Original songs that could fit there...Tomorrow's Child, Promise, Celebrate the Future, I mean cmon. You could've told the story much better with a song made for Epcot...hell you could've actually composed something instead of just cobbling together a rehash of everything you already had.

I'm sure I'll drop in eventually to see it in person, if only to have that moment of chills when those torches light. I was there yesterday and stayed to watch them blow out...hoo...not the point ANYWAY I'll see it eventually, and I'll likely see The Glorious Tribute to All Nations but Mostly Our Movies at some point too...I just wish something at Disney told an original story again...not just a regurgitation of everything they've ever sold in the hopes that something sticks and people buy the new tee shirt.

AndyS2992

Break down of songs used and when: @AndyS2992

Spaceship Earth Theme
One Little Spark ("We call it EPCOT")
???? (I forgot the name of it)
We've Just begun to Dream
If We Can Dream It
Universe of Energy Theme song
Listen to the Land
Horizons Theme

Entrance Theme
Soarin' Theme
Tapestry of Nations/Dreams
Magic Journey
Tomorrows Child

One Little Spark
Makin' Memories
Veggie Fruit
Fun to be Free

Golden Dreams
Celebrate Hand in Hand (Should have been Finale IMO)

One Little Spark
A Whole New World/Finale (🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮)

One of the main voices you hear (Magic Journey, part of Whole New World) is a VOL and Voctave performer.
:eek: Thank you so much, I appreciate it 👍

General Mayhem

Anyone got a song list for the show? My knowledge of classic Epcot music isn't too great. If I know where songs are from I think I'd appreciate the show a bit better. Thanks.
One Little Spark- Journey Into Imagination
We've Just Begun to Dream/EPCOT Fanfare- EPCOT Center opening ceremonies/Rope Drop
New Horizons- Horizons
Universe of Energy- Universe of Energy
Listen to the Land- The Land
Soarin Theme- Soarin
Magic Journeys- Magic Journeys (Imagination Pavilion)
Tomorrow's Child- Spaceship Earth 86
Makin' Memories- Magic Journeys Preshow
Fun to be Free- World of Motion
Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit- Kitchen Kabaret
Tapestry of Nations
Golden Dreams- American Adventure
Celebrate the Future Hand in Hand- Millennium Celebration
A Whole New World- Aladdin

denyuntilcaught

Come on guys, we need to bring the criticism down a bit here. Even with A Whole New World slapped on at the end, you have to give Disney credit for going this deep with the fan service. Sure, it’s no RoE, but for what it is, it packs the right emotional punch overall. If there’s anything that should taken away from EPCOT Forever, it is to appreciate the calm before the inevitable IP storm that will be HarmonioUS.

That part. I really had to get my emotions together when Tapestry of Nations/Dreams started - that part got me. Also, the kites are pretty awesome as well. I think it's a solid show for something that's supposed to be temporary.

TimeTrip

Why are there so little fireworks in this show? Why aren't there more lasers and search lights and special effects. Oof, sitting at home contemplating this show is not good. There are tons of missteps that need to be fixed and fast or this is gonna flop harder than ROL.
Watching from the showcase plaza it seemed like the laser from AA was working overtime. It was doing all kinds of neat things, including some sort of fan movement where the fan was filled with circles. It felt pretty epic at times. Also I thought the lights were put to good use.

Musical Mermaid

Break down of songs used and when: @AndyS2992

Spaceship Earth Theme
One Little Spark ("We call it EPCOT")
???? (I forgot the name of it)
We've Just begun to Dream
If We Can Dream It
Universe of Energy Theme song
Listen to the Land
Horizons Theme

Entrance Theme
Soarin' Theme
Magic Journey
Tomorrows Child

One Little Spark
Makin' Memories
Veggie Fruit
Fun to be Free

Golden Dreams
Celebrate Hand in Hand (Should have been Finale IMO)

One Little Spark
A Whole New World/Finale (🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮)

One of the main voices you hear (Magic Journey, part of Whole New World) is a VOL and Voctave performer.
That video they showed at the D23 expo with the Magic Journeys music had me wanting more of that song. It sounded like an updated and beautiful rendition of it. And I was so terrified of that attraction as a child, so I’m not really nostalgic for that show. I think this version sounded more magical whereas the original is a bit eerie to me.

I wasn’t expecting some of these song clips to be so short and I really liked the adult vocalists from the D23 video, so I guess that’s why I was taken aback by how many former songs were packed into this and the children singers.

wdwfan22

The show just didn't work for me. I wanted to love it, but didn't. They tried, but fell short. Biggest problem the score didn't flow smoothly at all. 15 second clips of past songs that most Guests have never heard before and were all over the place. The build up to a Whole New World with Walt finale was out of place and didn't work. If it was me I would replace A Whole New World with Tomorrow's Child, New Horizons or Celebrate The Future. On a positive note, the higher level fireworks were nice.

FigmentJedi

I’m Pretty sure it was written for figment to host the show and they couldn’t afford David G, so they had a random kid do it. Seriously, the only thing that makes sense.
I'm pretty sure he's got a free schedule to do Figment work again. I mean it's not like Disney's keeping him busy with the Muppets.

After rewatching it several times it becomes more and more obvious that for a company that has dedicated itself to telling stories, this show is completely missing one. Or at least any cohesive way of tying all of these elements together. As it is, it’s just a random clip show of old Epcot songs. That is such a shame because this show could be so much more, even if it is just temporary.
This show needs a host. Imagine if instead of a random kid talking every once in a while it was Dreamfinder and Figment. It is astonishing that the two biggest characters in all of Epcot’s history didn’t even get a mention (not including the song) but Eric Idle got directly quoted. What a missed opportunity.

Surferboy567

Can’t believe I’m just realizing this...but those little brats quoted Nigel from the current version of Imagination...again I liked the show and I LOVE one little spark but yeah...interesting choice. Did like that segment though.

Maybe it’s good they are treating the current version of imagination like it’s a past thing.

WDW Monorail

I liked from Golden Dream to the ending and smiled when I heard A Whole New World. It’s a decent fireworks show but HarmonioUS will be an excellent classic Disney nighttime spectacular and I am very excited for it to arrive.

RSoxNo1

The show was a dumpster fire of awful. There were 3-4 good minutes (around the tapestry and kite sections) and the rest was disjointed frenetic jumps. Ending inexplicably with Aladdin is as if Disney is trolling fans of the park.

This show promised to be a love letter to Epcot. It looks like that love letter was written by someone who didn't visit that park before 1998. I'd say that I'm glad it's an interim show, but they're not even attempting to disguise HarmonioUS anymore.

I'm now not convinced that Spaceship Earth won't get messed up with IP in the refurb as well. Can I be the first to use the hashtag #BoycotEPCOT?

I have zero reservations right now saying it's the worst stateside Disney park and if not for Disney Studios Paris, it would be the worst Disney park in the world.

Figments Friend

Currently returning to my Resort hotel after having witnessed tonight's debut performance and the clear audience reactions.

Starts off promising, ends with a thud somewhat.
Mixed feelings.

Some elements I liked naturally, as this temp Show is designed to cater to the hardcore EPCOT Center fans, but other elements were jarring.
A couple of outright awkward 'gaps' in the presentation made me think for about five seconds the system went down ( no music, no lights, awkward song ending ).

Kite elements were cool in person.
Good reaction from the crowd for those.
Biggest reaction was the re-lighting of the lagoon side torches.
Big cheer went up for those.
Other two big cheers were for 'Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit' references and Millennium Celebration music ( Tapestry of Nations / Celebrste the Future ).

Getting off the bus....will post more soon....

-

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom