News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

philly97flyer

I’m going to be down there for the last Illuminations/first Epcot Forever dates. How are we feeling about overall park capacity those days? Is it likely going to be a “get there in the morning and stay all day to avoid a phase 4 closure”, or would I be okay coming and going to and from the park during the course of the day?

trainplane3

I’m going to be down there for the last Illuminations/first Epcot Forever dates. How are we feeling about overall park capacity those days? Is it likely going to be a “get there in the morning and stay all day to avoid a phase 4 closure”, or would I be okay coming and going to and from the park during the course of the day?
It was mentioned to me they're expecting NYE level crowds for the final show (and possibly the night before the final show). Epcot hasn't closed for NYE yet because it has incredible capacity. No idea on Epcot Forever but it'll probably be almost as crazy, if not crazier because it's the new "shiny thing" and everyone will want to see it.

Oh and of course, I'll be there for these cool new happenings.

Last edited:

techgeek

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but has Epcot ever had a phase 4 close in history? Maybe 12/31/99? I’d expect it to be very busy, especially early evening as locals make their way over, but hitting phased closing on a weekday in September sounds pretty impossible to me no matter what’s going on.

I suspect you’ll need to plan to camp out a few hours around the lagoon if you want a spot on the rail, especially as the choice locations are all booked with groups.

DreamfinderGuy

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but has Epcot ever had a phase 4 close in history? Maybe 12/31/99? I’d expect it to be very busy, especially early evening as locals make their way over, but hitting phased closing on a weekday in September sounds pretty impossible to me no matter what’s going on.

I suspect you’ll need to plan to camp out a few hours around the lagoon if you want a spot on the rail, especially as the choice locations are all booked with groups.
If memory serves correctly Epcot hit projected capacity at 7 AM on NYE ‘99

Dr.GrantSeeker

Is Disney planning on doing any type of special event for the RoE finale / EF debut? I don't remember what was done for Wishes, or if Disney did anything at all for Wishes. I also didn't care about Wishes like I do RoE.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
It’s green lit for 2999. Can’t wait.
source.gif

I couldn’t resist the setup for a Futurama reference.

peter11435

Oh dear! :)

Too bad that was the last display behind the countries. everything went to WSL from 2000 on, which is fine mind you. WSL is capable of the same quality. I just wonder why the change?
They still did some pyro behind the countries all the way up through last year.

lilclerk

So... anyone know if Rose & Crown will still have the viewing area set up if I have a dinner reservation those nights? Not the patio, but the little area off to the side that they'd bring you to.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom