Epcot Experience * not so great*

tltbelle

Like your hit list, will have to try this in Oct but I might split it between two days. I've never been able to do Epcot in one day. :)

THE HIT LIST

or

I KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AT EPCOT NEXT SUMMER

BE HERE AT OPENING

Firstoff, get a Fastpass for Soarin' inside the Land Pavilon.

Head across the Pavilon and ride Living with the Land.

Go outside the Pavilon, and ride the Seas with Nemo & Friends. Taking time to go upstairs and look through all the exhbits.

By this time you should be able to get another Fastpass.

Head to Future World West to get a Fastpass for Test Track.

Go ride the Universe of Energy.

Afterwards, kill some time checking out the interesting things to do in Innoventions.

Get a Fastpass for Mission: Space.

Head back towards the front of the park now, and ride Spaceship Earth.

After riding Spaceship Earth (be sure to e-mail your picture home!) head back over to Soarin'. use Fastpass to ride Soarin'.

By this time you'll be hungry, so I suggest grabbing lunch at Electric Umbrella.

After that's done, head once again back towards Future World East, this time going under the sign marked "CLUB COOL" Head in, and try some different sodas from around the world free of charge!

Exit through doors at the back of the hallway and one outside, take a sharp right into an indoor hallway. Halfway through the hallway there's an exhbit on this history of EPCOT Center. Take at least ten minutes there to enjoy the scope and mission of the park over the past 25 years.

Head out of the exhbit, and out the sliding automatic doors that should be straight ahead of you and walk towards the Imagination pavilon.

Ride Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

IF YOU HAVE TIME: If either A: You're Fastpasses for Test Track and Mission Space aren't up, or B: It's still early (Say...4 to 5 o' clock) watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

Now head back over to Mission: Space and Test Track and ride those with the Fastpasses you have!

Over by Test Track, there's a series of bridges that should take you to World Showcase. Go inside MEXICO (Do the countries clock-wise) and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.

After that, take you're time exploring the countries. They all have great shops and some interesting exhbits.

Just make sure that between 6:00 and 7:00 you see the American Adventure show, that's very important. See this show at all costs!

FROM HERE:
You can...

A: Take your time exploring each country.

B: Find a nice spot to watch Illuminations.

I suggest you do a little of both, find a nice spot whilst enjoying the countries.

NO MATTER WHAT:
Stay until closing. You can even head back to Future World to re-ride your favorite rides again. Just keep in mind that some Future World rides close at 7 PM.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
Before the day begins, have everyone in your party go over a map of the park. Study it carefully, and know where everything is. It may look confusing, but just take an hour to really study it and you should have no problem finding things.

Keep your party together! They may want to do their own thing, but don't let them! Keep everyone together, and they'll enjoy the things I have on there.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:
TAKE YOUR TIME! I can't stress this enough. Whilst the schedule I made is pretty full, and it's important to get from A to B as fast as possible, don't be afraid to stop and smell the roses, shop the shops, and read the signs.

Take lots of pictures, drink water, and enjoy your day at EPCOT Center!
:wave:

EpcotServo

Wow!!!:eek: Is this what you do everytime you go to Epcot?
That's amazing!!

Nope. That's just the planner in me making a sechdule for someone new to Epcot based on my experience of the park, and my knowledge of crowd patterns throughout the day from being there at pretty much every part of the day from every part of the year. It is a plan I use for the rare time I have to tour someone around the park.

It should work just fine.

We just love EPCOT and have been there so many times I've lost count. For us it's so relaxing to just stroll around the countries and enjoy each unique aspect they have to offer. Top that off at night with Illuminations after a nice dinner ( be sure to have a reservation in advance ) and that is the perfect way to spend the day!!

colleen2997

Epcot is MY FAVORITE park and I actually get a little offended when people act so ignorant about it!!!
I spend part of every single day walking through the countries when I am visiting WDW, I love it there!! It always feels like "home" in Epcot when I go there.
I would be typing forever and probably boring everyone with all the things I LOVE about EPCOT. First and foremost, SOARIN', need I say more?? SSE is an old family favorite, we ride it repeatedly over and over, without getting off. And World Showcase!!! There is so much to do and see and EAT & DRINK there. My family considers it relaxing and exciting to stroll from one end to the other.

alilance

THE HIT LIST

or

I KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO AT EPCOT NEXT SUMMER

BE HERE AT OPENING

Firstoff, get a Fastpass for Soarin' inside the Land Pavilon.

Head across the Pavilon and ride Living with the Land.

Go outside the Pavilon, and ride the Seas with Nemo & Friends. Taking time to go upstairs and look through all the exhbits.

By this time you should be able to get another Fastpass.

Head to Future World West to get a Fastpass for Test Track.

Go ride the Universe of Energy.

Afterwards, kill some time checking out the interesting things to do in Innoventions.

Get a Fastpass for Mission: Space.

Head back towards the front of the park now, and ride Spaceship Earth.

After riding Spaceship Earth (be sure to e-mail your picture home!) head back over to Soarin'. use Fastpass to ride Soarin'.

By this time you'll be hungry, so I suggest grabbing lunch at Electric Umbrella.

After that's done, head once again back towards Future World East, this time going under the sign marked "CLUB COOL" Head in, and try some different sodas from around the world free of charge!

Exit through doors at the back of the hallway and one outside, take a sharp right into an indoor hallway. Halfway through the hallway there's an exhbit on this history of EPCOT Center. Take at least ten minutes there to enjoy the scope and mission of the park over the past 25 years.

Head out of the exhbit, and out the sliding automatic doors that should be straight ahead of you and walk towards the Imagination pavilon.

Ride Journey Into Imagination with Figment.

IF YOU HAVE TIME: If either A: You're Fastpasses for Test Track and Mission Space aren't up, or B: It's still early (Say...4 to 5 o' clock) watch Honey, I Shrunk the Audience.

Now head back over to Mission: Space and Test Track and ride those with the Fastpasses you have!

Over by Test Track, there's a series of bridges that should take you to World Showcase. Go inside MEXICO (Do the countries clock-wise) and ride the Gran Fiesta Tour.

After that, take you're time exploring the countries. They all have great shops and some interesting exhbits.

Just make sure that between 6:00 and 7:00 you see the American Adventure show, that's very important. See this show at all costs!

FROM HERE:
You can...

A: Take your time exploring each country.

B: Find a nice spot to watch Illuminations.

I suggest you do a little of both, find a nice spot whilst enjoying the countries.

NO MATTER WHAT:
Stay until closing. You can even head back to Future World to re-ride your favorite rides again. Just keep in mind that some Future World rides close at 7 PM.

IMPORTANT TIPS:
Before the day begins, have everyone in your party go over a map of the park. Study it carefully, and know where everything is. It may look confusing, but just take an hour to really study it and you should have no problem finding things.

Keep your party together! They may want to do their own thing, but don't let them! Keep everyone together, and they'll enjoy the things I have on there.

AND MOST IMPORTANT:
TAKE YOUR TIME! I can't stress this enough. Whilst the schedule I made is pretty full, and it's important to get from A to B as fast as possible, don't be afraid to stop and smell the roses, shop the shops, and read the signs.

Take lots of pictures, drink water, and enjoy your day at EPCOT Center!
Nice job!!! That is what I basically do when I go to Epcot, but usually over a two or three day period!!! You know your Epcot stuff!! I don't know how anyone can't like or even love Epcot!!! Always my favorite place to be!!! I would go each day of my vacation!! Some people don't know what they're missing!!

alilance

Epcot is MY FAVORITE park and I actually get a little offended when people act so ignorant about it!!!
I spend part of every single day walking through the countries when I am visiting WDW, I love it there!! It always feels like "home" in Epcot when I go there.
I would be typing forever and probably boring everyone with all the things I LOVE about EPCOT. First and foremost, SOARIN', need I say more?? SSE is an old family favorite, we ride it repeatedly over and over, without getting off. And World Showcase!!! There is so much to do and see and EAT & DRINK there. My family considers it relaxing and exciting to stroll from one end to the other.
Totally agree with you Colleen!!!!:wave:

In my opinion, Epcot is the best theme park at Disney...I really enjoy all the aspects of the park including Illuminations. I believe that people have to truly appreciate what Epcot has to offer to fully enjoy the park.

I agree with most people here-

Epcot is one of the best Disney parks and is judged far harsher than the other parks. Why do people think it's only for technology-lovers (though in today's society don't we all qualify)? It's one of my favorite parks and I spend most of the trip there-more than any other park.

The most important thing is to go with an open mind- that right there is half the battle (of course if you go in with an open mind you won't imagine it as a battle)

I hope you have fun and enjoy Epcot for what it is- a cultural representation of the present and future world! I can't wait to go- only 31 days! :sohappy:

wedway71

I love EPCOT Center.
It is my favorite park. A much as I enjoy Future World ,I like the World Showcase better.
I can actually spend an entire day in World Showcase just eating and shopping.

figmentmom

EPCOT is my favorite park, and it's the FIRST park I visit very year. It's not a park for thrill-seekers, although Test Track, Mission:Space and and Soarin' are great attractions. If your focus is rides, you're going to be lots happier at the Magic Kingdom. :lol:

The highlight of EPCOT is the World Showcase, and you just can't hurry through it! Each pavilion has its own charm, and plenty to see and do.

Give it a (longer) try next time! :wave:

wdwCC

Hi everyone,

When I went to WDW during spring break, I told my parents if we could try out epcot. Since we have never been there out of our 14-15 trips to WDW. My parents always thought epcot was for people that were into computers and wasn't really considered a " theme park " in their books. So, as we arrive and past the first gates. My parents pick up a book and says " where are all the rides?" I was shocked because I told them before hand that epcot is about culture and the food. They said, that they wanted a park with thrill rides. So, I told them to go on test track and mission space. The lines were extremely long for both, so after that my parents took us, and decided to leave. My question is.. ( for our next trip ).

What is there to do at epcot? Because, when we left. The next day me and my sister went to MK and then decided to try out epcot and it just wasn't really that food. Besides for the amazing food ! Any ideas!

Thanks
HUH???? Epcot has plenty to do. Spaceship Earth, Soarin, Mission Space, Test Track, Maelstrom, and if they had stayed Illuminations: Reflections of Earth. Maybe you need to teach your parents they need to set a better example for their kids, or vice versa.

kstella

I love the street shows at Epcot. I always try to get as many of them as possible. There are still some I haven't seen, but I try every time I'm there. I'd pick the street shows over the thrill rides there. Mouse Gears is also my favorite on property store.

yankspy

I love the street shows at Epcot. I always try to get as many of them as possible. There are still some I haven't seen, but I try every time I'm there. I'd pick the street shows over the thrill rides there. Mouse Gears is also my favorite on property store.
Agreed. I love the drummers in Japan and the actors in Italy.:)

LuisT

Original Poster

I would love to eat and drink at most of the restaurants, but we were on a budget.. So, we couldn't do a lot food/shopping wise. *which i would of loved *

I love EPCOT Center.
It is my favorite park. A much as I enjoy Future World ,I like the World Showcase better.
I can actually spend an entire day in World Showcase just eating and shopping.

Same as I posted above.. I would LOVE to go shopping and eating.. But some people tihnk Disney's Food is way overpriced :lookaroun

I LOVED Mouse Gears, me and my sister stayed there for about 1-2 hours :p. We basically just looked at the stuff, and she bought some scrap booking stuff! I LOVE watching parade/street shows.. But my parents are the opposite of that >_< :fork:

tirian

Why do you say Universal?

I don't understand that, either. Many people think Universal is loaded with thrill rides, but it really only has 3 real roller coaster attractions (4 total). The coasters are great, but Cedar Point is so much better.

Epcot is the most popular non-MK park on earth; there's much more to experience than just eating and shopping.

No offense to your parents, but somebody has to be interested in culture and the world around them to enjoy Epcot. :eek:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't understand that, either. Many people think Universal is loaded with thrill rides, but it really only has 3 real roller coaster attractions (4 total). The coasters are great, but Cedar Point is so much better.

Epcot is the most popular non-MK park on earth; there's much more to experience than just eating and shopping.

No offense to your parents, but somebody has to be interested in culture and the world around them to enjoy Epcot. :eek:

I wanted to say that but didn't..:eek::lookaroun:lol:

Tinkerbella16

Epcot is my favorite park!! Every trip it is tradition to visit Epcot on the first day when we arrive. I will admit that I disliked it as a child, and some of you can vouch that it was a little boring back in the day. I am one of those who misses Horizons and World of Motion.. :cry:
We always spend at least 2 days at Epcot everytime we go. The atmosphere is great, the rides are great, WS is just wonderful, SSE is just classic, the food is great, theres no much interaction through out the park, the fireworks show is one of the best, visiting the countries is my favorite thing to do there. I'm kinda glad Epcot doesn't have a lot of thrill rides. It would take away from the peacefulness that is already there, and the reason why I love it so much...it is quiet, and spread out so you aren't crammed in (I always feel that way at AK for some reason). I can go to epcot for a whole day and not go on any rides, and still have the time of my life. I guess I just appreciate it more than some...I only get to go once a year, so being there is a gift in itself. I <3 EPCOT CENTER!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom