Epcot Experience * not so great*

The "Pro"

Don't forget about the Food and Wine Festival in September / October and the Flower and Garden Festival during May. Both of these are excellent. The Flower Power Concert series is also very good. Some of the performers include The Grass Roots, Davey Jones, Paul Revere and the Raiders....

You can also enjoy The British Invasion at the United Kingdom all year round!

TigerLily_CM

You're so right...Epcot is really geared to a pretty exclusive clientele...it's not for everyone only for people who like:
Thrill rides, space adventures, great food, cultural experiences, musical entertainment, comedy troupes, movies, archetecture, science, horticulture, education, drinking, imagining, flying, taking it easy, partying hard, meeting people, traveling, history, engineering, fireworks and shopping

I don't recommend going :rolleyes:

LuisT

Original Poster
I don't understand that, either. Many people think Universal is loaded with thrill rides, but it really only has 3 real roller coaster attractions (4 total). The coasters are great, but Cedar Point is so much better.

Epcot is the most popular non-MK park on earth; there's much more to experience than just eating and shopping.

No offense to your parents, but somebody has to be interested in culture and the world around them to enjoy Epcot. :eek:

LOL. I totally agree with you on that. Their not a very travel person like me. :p They think Epcot is all about education and learning new stuff, they dont like that LOL. My parents are just weird like that. :shrug:

Don't forget about the Food and Wine Festival in September / October and the Flower and Garden Festival during May. Both of these are excellent. The Flower Power Concert series is also very good. Some of the performers include The Grass Roots, Davey Jones, Paul Revere and the Raiders....

You can also enjoy The British Invasion at the United Kingdom all year round!
haha, we went during the Flower and Garden Festival I think. All I know was that there were a lot of beautiful flowers, while me and my sister were looking.. It was really interesting and stuff, but would never be interesting to my parents haha. :hammer:

If your parents grabbed FPs, they wouldn't had to wait in long lines.
well sometimes fast passes are sold out :fork:

You're so right...Epcot is really geared to a pretty exclusive clientele...it's not for everyone only for people who like:
Thrill rides, space adventures, great food, cultural experiences, musical entertainment, comedy troupes, movies, archetecture, science, horticulture, education, drinking, imagining, flying, taking it easy, partying hard, meeting people, traveling, history, engineering, fireworks and shopping

I don't recommend going :rolleyes:

wow, that just made my day :p LOL

He's an odd thing. At times when I used to go to Epcot when I was little, I did get bored at times (i'm talking 6-8 years old), however the odd thing is that it's probably the park I remember most off and remember nostalgically. So it's odd how it turns out.

Spike-in-Berlin

The lines were extremely long for both, so after that my parents took us, and decided to leave. My question is.. ( for our next trip ). Thanks

Erm...ever heard of FASTPASS? The best invention since the wheel? When we were in EPCOT we fastpassed Soarin' in 5 minutes (Standby 120 minutes for those who love to exercise "extreme cueing"), did Mission:Space twice on one day with less than 10 minutes etc. We were not interested in Test Track but it would have been possible to get a FP until 2 PM and we were there in June.

dixiegirl

I agree with many of the other posts, you have to like the idea of visiting other cultures and such...There is soooo much to do at Epcot...It have definatly become a fav of mine over the past couple years...My 7 and 4 year old love Epcot, especially Illuminations, oh love it.. If you've never seen it your missing out....And there are many I guess you'll call them "side Shows" that many people miss within the countries in the world showcase....My advice , go back by yourself, with someone who either has been or better yet a Disney Virgin.....

* must go now, have the overwelming urge to listen to my Illuminations soundtrack.

Spike-in-Berlin

He's an odd thing. At times when I used to go to Epcot when I was little, I did get bored at times (i'm talking 6-8 years old), however the odd thing is that it's probably the park I remember most off and remember nostalgically. So it's odd how it turns out.

I know EPCOT nearly from the beginning, first visit there in 1984 and I loved it as a kid. OK as a kid I was always a little..different and enjoyed a lot of themes that were more adult in content like science and culture, but horizons was breathtaking, a major loss for WDW! Instead of demolishing it they should have modernized and restarted it and built the magnificent Mission:Space somewhere else.

But although I loved and love EPCOT I have to admit, that WS is getting a little boring. It actually has 2 minor rides, although maelstrom is a little gem, one show/movie mixture (AA) and 3 VERY dated and increasingly boring movies (1 not even in circlevision) I know there were new pavillions planned and never built as many rides were dropped from the existing ones. But nearly 20 YEARS without one major change? WS is definitely in need of an update. Add rides like the River Rhine Journey in Germany (but make it more exciting than the original design), the Mt. Fuji Rollercoaster in Japan and please add more nations. I LOVED the plans for a venezuelan pavillon with a rain forest ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom