EPCOT Entertainment cuts

wishiwere@wdw

Off Kilter at Pat O's for St. Paddy's Day sounds like a blast.

Disney's loss, Universal's gain.
And... Disneys loss, Cedar Fair's gain. Minus my solo trip for the final performances of Off Kilter, we haven't been to WDW as a family for 2 years this Nobember. This after being AP's and previously visit 2-3 times a year. Obviously it was more than just OK being let go but regardless, now we have a trip booked for the entire Labor Day weekend to see them at Cedar Point so I'm very happy :).

Disneyhead'71

And... Disneys loss, Cedar Fair's gain. Minus my solo trip for the final performances of Off Kilter, we haven't been to WDW as a family for 2 years this Nobember. This after being AP's and previously visit 2-3 times a year. Obviously it was more than just OK being let go but regardless, now we have a trip booked for the entire Labor Day weekend to see them at Cedar Point so I'm very happy :).
Off Kilter is going to be a CP? I LOVE CP! Alas, it is a bit far from Orlando. But I'm 3 miles from Pat O's and I'm part Irish, and part Drunk so I'll be at the Pat O's.

LRW

It also looks like OK will be performing at Indy Irish Fest in September. We are going to go. Will be interesting to see whether they all are playing or some subset. In any case, the event sounds like fun. Will update the forum afterwards.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Hi LRW, In any videos/pictures I have seen the original band joined by Billy Varnes ( Guitar player) were playing. So you get Jamie on pipes, Jason on fiddle, Mark on bass and Randy and Billy on Guitar as well as Scotty on drums. Have a great time at the Indy fest, I went once a number of years ago and it was a great time!! Marie

LRW

Hi Marie. Indy Irish Fest last weekend was great. As you indicated, all the original members plus Billy. It was terrific to see them three days in a row and for a 90 minute performance each day. We met folks from Canada, others from Illinois, and even from Florida who came to see them. Many wore OK t-shirts from Epcot or ones they had made. The performance Saturday night was especially electric. Towards the end of the show,everyone was on their feet. Fans came from the audience and filled in the entire area between the stage and chairs and were dancing and singing along. It was so much fun. Hope they play there again next year, its only a 4 hour drive for us.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
That is so awesome and I am glad you had a wonderful time. Indy is a little far from me as I live in NYC but I will be seeing what I can do to get to an OK Show sooner or later!!! In the meantime, be sure to go out as often as you can to support Mulch, Sweat & Shears who are in their last days at the Studios. They, like OK were cut and given about a month's notice. October 10th will be their final performance and we should go out and celebrate the 11 year run they have had. I will be there the last day, and no I cant promise not to cry, but I will be out there dancing along with everyone!!!! Marie

CeciliaKy

We made the 2.5 hour drive to Indy this weekend -- saw the shows Saturday & Sunday. It was not the 5 original members -- haven't seen or heard mention of Tony since he left the group some time ago -- it was the 4, Jason & Billy (who are still playing at Disney)

It was an incredible performance. Sound system was great, crowds were phenomenal .... I would be surprised if the festival organizers did not invite them for next year on the spot. There was one other group whose crowds came close (Scynthian, if you like Celtic rock) ... but, OK really packed them in.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Awesome!!!! Yes I understand Tony was not in the lineup. I am not privy to what happened there. I did not ever ask so I wont speculate, but I do understand Tony is still playing in the Orlando area. I haven't kept up with him though. Off Kilter is an amazingly charismatic group and will do well at any festival they choose to do. I am so happy that they are doing well, and I am hearing rumors of a new CD in the works. Stay tuned for more info as I get it!!! Marie

CeciliaKy

They mentioned the new album a couple of times in Indy - played a song that will be included on it, as well.

I didn't think to ask Jason about the holiday performances, though. I was checking dates for his sets w/Billy at PO-French Quarter next month. Hoping to catch them there.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Awesome!!! I know the Canadian Holiday Voyageurs are being brought back for the holiday season and members of Off Kilter as well as their wonderful subs will be playing, but I didn't get a complete lineup as to who will be there. I do plan on stopping by, during my travels. I saw some of the video of Jason and Billy at French Quarter, off the charts if you like good bluegrass style music!! Marie

Sonconato

I would give anything to hear Off Kilter at Epcot again. I can't even go near the Canadian pavilion, it's too depressing remembering how Off Kilter could really put on a show. They always gave it their best. Isn't the lumberjacks one year contract almost over, any chance of Epcot going back to real entertainment?

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I haven't gotten confirmation on if the Lumberjacks are being brought back after the holiday season or not, so I am just not sure. I certainly hope so though!! Marie

Baltar

$4 billion for EPCOT
I hope the Lumberjacks never return haha. Off Kilter and the World Showcase Players are terribly missed by my family. I also miss the British Invasion. Revolution isn't bad though!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Love me some British Revolution!!!! I would be very happy to see the Jacks go back up to their home on Route 192 where they came from. Some people may enjoy this but it certainly isn't the World Class entertainment I expect from a company like Disney. Marie

ABQ

I haven't gotten confirmation on if the Lumberjacks are being brought back after the holiday season or not, so I am just not sure. I certainly hope so though!! Marie
I'm just happy my next visit is during the holiday season. Are you saying that once the Voyagueureus [SIC (sorry, can't spell in French)] begin that the lumberjacks, at minimum, are on hiatus and I won't be treated to the sounds of single stroke engines?

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I'm just happy my next visit is during the holiday season. Are you saying that once the Voyagueureus [SIC (sorry, can't spell in French)] begin that the lumberjacks, at minimum, are on hiatus and I won't be treated to the sounds of single stroke engines?
Exactly true!!!! Music will be coming from the stage once more, at least for the holiday season!!!! And it will be done by some of the members of Off Kilter so go out and support our guys!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom