EPCOT Entertainment cuts

Sonconato

Since it's almost been a year that the lumberjacks have been added, has anybody heard if there's any chance that Off Kilter could come back? We've heard a lot of people are disappointed and complaining about the change. I really miss them!

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Since it's almost been a year that the lumberjacks have been added, has anybody heard if there's any chance that Off Kilter could come back? We've heard a lot of people are disappointed and complaining about the change. I really miss them!
Unfortunately nothing. I was in EPCOT last week and the lumberjacks are drawing a sizable crowd. I did not stop to watch as I was on my way to the UK Pavilion for British Revolution, but it was a bit surprising to me. I did realize later that as the stage area has been built out the people have no where to stand but in the main walkway so that accounts for some of it. Still I would love to see some great music back on that stage again. Marie

PhotoDave219

Fantastic question.

I was under the impression that entertainment worked on a year-to-year contract. Should be interesting to see what happens.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
9/28/2015 should be an interesting day!!!! I'd like to see the jacks ended, the stage go dark for a shorter period of time, the Holiday Voyageurs come back and finally the return of OK. I wouldnt care if the act was given another name or a theme twist. Having a good entertainment option on that stage would definitely be my first choice. Marie

Kman101

To be fair though, I think you could plop anyone on stage and have them flail their arms around and a crowd would be formed. I'm sure many do enjoy the lumberjacks. It just comes off tacky to me in the location. I don't like it. I do actually applaud them for trying something very different (But I'm not applauding them for dumping Off Kilter and others) but it just seems extremely out of place and loud.

And I still wish they had moved Fife and Drum back to Liberty Square in the MK where they belong. So many parts of the MK are in desperate need of entertainment. Liberty Square and Frontierland to me are just dead zones you walk through to get to attractions.

Why are meet and greets and entertainment considered the same thing? Or are they? I was under the impression they are. The fact is, the parks could afford anything they want. They just don't. It's ridiculous to me how strict they are with the purse strings.

Sonconato

To be fair though, I think you could plop anyone on stage and have them flail their arms around and a crowd would be formed. I'm sure many do enjoy the lumberjacks. It just comes off tacky to me in the location. I don't like it. I do actually applaud them for trying something very different (But I'm not applauding them for dumping Off Kilter and others) but it just seems extremely out of place and loud.

And I still wish they had moved Fife and Drum back to Liberty Square in the MK where they belong. So many parts of the MK are in desperate need of entertainment. Liberty Square and Frontierland to me are just dead zones you walk through to get to attractions.

Why are meet and greets and entertainment considered the same thing? Or are they? I was under the impression they are. The fact is, the parks could afford anything they want. They just don't. It's ridiculous to me how strict they are with the purse strings.

I totally agree with what you said! The good entertainment is partly what draws us to the parks. EPCOT slowly changed the good rides to what we feel are less desirable and then the great entertainment is was cut. We went from going to EPCOT once a week to once every other week and now, we've only been back 3 times since Off Kilter was cut…and that's only to see the visiting bands. We were totally disappointed when the Village Beatniks and The Tropicals were cut as well.

Sonconato

9/28/2015 should be an interesting day!!!! I'd like to see the jacks ended, the stage go dark for a shorter period of time, the Holiday Voyageurs come back and finally the return of OK. I wouldnt care if the act was given another name or a theme twist. Having a good entertainment option on that stage would definitely be my first choice. Marie
If they were to return, their first show back would be as good as the final show then.:joyfull:

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I haven't heard anything as of yet but it is still a touch early. I think the real key will be if the lumberjacks are extended into the fall season. Also at this point, although they are touring and doing gigs here and there, some of the members of Off Kilter have also gone on to find full time employment in other areas and so may not be available for playing with the band on a full time basis. There are enough great subs that worked with Off Kilter to cover that though, and I for one would love to hear music from that stage again instead of the annoying sound of chainsaws!! Marie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom