EPCOT Entertainment cuts

dreamfinder

Changing out the entertainment at Epcot is not unusual. Many of you may remember the Living Statues at Epcot. They appeared at a couple of different pavilions at the WS and also appeared at DTD for a period of time. It was a very popular act. The company that provided the performers also had similar shows in Las Vegas and other tourist destinations.

I do believe the same company still provides entertainment for WDW in the form of D'Vine/DeVine/however it should be spelled. I think they also did the short lived living bamboo.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
The problem is people keep GOING to WDW no matter what is cut so effectively we are REWARDING TDO's behavior, If the gate dropped even 2% there would be absolute PANIC in the halls of TDO. It would be like a hawk in a flock of chickens.
I have heard rumor via a popular podcast that two of the acts to be cut in January are two of the atmosphere acts in the new Fantasyland. I hadn't heard of any others as of the moment but that may not be the extent of it. Anyone else hear anything? Marie

PhotoDave219

I have heard rumor via a popular podcast that two of the acts to be cut in January are two of the atmosphere acts in the new Fantasyland. I hadn't heard of any others as of the moment but that may not be the extent of it. Anyone else hear anything? Marie

Havent heard. Not sure i know anyone in MK entertainment anymore.... But that rumor has surfaced a few months back.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I'm not sure how I feel about the source of the rumors, I think the person is as often hit as miss so I am taking this one with a large grain of salt. So we just sit and wait. Marie

note2001

New Fantasyland has entertainment? Other than Gaston's M&G? (Who is awesome by the way)

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I know of the Giggle Gang which is the clown entertainment troupe over by the Circus part of the New Fantasyland, and there is one more act the Castle Courtiers or something like that. Those were the two acts that I had heard were going away in January. Marie

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
IMHO, as long as they replace the acts, I'm not going to be bothered. I know some will retort with losing "popular acts" or citing the lumberjacks, but actually think some churn and changing of the acts is a good thing. Especially if the new acts are something different that previous offerings.

And I don't like the lumberjacks either. They aren't a good replacement IMHO, but at least they are something new.
In general, changes don't trouble me much. Particularly when we increase the diversity of the acts. Less music and comedy for more variety is, IMHO, headed in the right direction. A better balance. So that's good.

But cuts do bother. So far, the fall Epcot stuff looks like mostly changing out, but a net loss as well (as I recall, it was five out, four in). So I'm worried about what might happen in January, if this rumor is true.

But all my normal logical objective analysis goes out the window because one of the lost acts is Off Kilter. No replacement or alternate could make up for that.

Sped2424

Frozen summer fun is not a milestone, it was bringing whatever little back to a park which has already lost so much in terms of entertainment and otherwise. Wouldn't count it as a victory more like really desperate catch up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom