EPCOT Entertainment cuts

Mike S

image.jpg

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Seems like the old acts got too expensive, year over year raises, and they have priced themselves out of TDO's price range.

At least no one got the bright idea to cut out the entire budget pushed through. Which was surely something they looked at.

Anyways...

The new replacements sound pretty good. Especially the Lumberjack show. Call me uncultured, or a dummy, but I'd rather see guys doing sweet saw/ax tricks, then watch Off Kilter.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Seems like the old acts got too expensive, year over year raises, and they have priced themselves out of TDO's price range.

At least no one got the bright idea to cut out the entire budget pushed through. Which was surely something they looked at.

Anyways...

The new replacements sound pretty good. Especially the Lumberjack show. Call me uncultured, or a dummy, but I'd rather see guys doing sweet saw/ax tricks, then watch Off Kilter.
You're uncultured.

I follow instructions, but don't like calling people dumb. :p [unless they make objectively bad financial moves, but you know that!]

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

Anyways...

These acts were part of TWDC when they would crow about their profits on a quarterly basis. Cutting five of them to be replaced with four new acts is a cut....

Edit: It's actually a net loss of two, considering the Ziti Sisters were cut earlier this year as well.

ABQ

Glad there are some sort of replacements, sad still. Happy Mariachi Cobre is still there, heck they've been at WDW for eons, if they were cut I'd have to consider driving to my neighboring Old Mexico to see them, eek! Lumberjack entertainment sounds interesting, but I doubt it will be as cool as the Stihl Chainsaw competition!

Padraig

So, I'm a fairly active member on Ireland's biggest forum, Boards.ie In the Travel/Abroad/United States section you'll regularly get people asking for advice on Orlando: What hotel, what rental car company, which theme park? etc. etc. Without fail, the majority of responses include a riff on "Disney's not worth, just do the magic Kingdom if you have to". I respond that if you're travelling 7,000km, that you'd be insane to miss out on one of the world's biggest tourist attractions and then go on to state the positives of the various parks.

The latest one was two weeks ago. Half way through my post I went off on a tangent and had a rant about how much worse the park is since I first went in 92. I'm not sure if I didn't put him completely off. The thing is I can no longer give a glowing endorsement. It would be dishonest. It's all provisos and I'm tired of it. Seriously, I don't think I'm going to bother any more.

s8film40

I am very happy for all of those that can find the positive in this. However, for me personally 99% of change at WDW is not for the better. Planning a trip to WDW to say goodbye to attractions, shows etc. has become a very regular event. Unfortunately this will almost be it for Epcot. The only thing left is American Adventure, a few 360 shows, a couple of restraunts and enjoying the Facades in WS. While I'm very happy that others can enjoy it, Epcot is not by any stretch of the imagination still Epcot anymore, it's something completely different. For me it's simply a 1/4 day park and occasionally a place to go for Dinner now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom