EPCOT Entertainment cuts

dreamfinder

So I would expect three new dance parties complete with a DJ and characters for replacement, right?

Nope. Remember, management seems to view World Showcase as a giant bar, so there will be 1 DJ, 1 Karaoke machine whose selection consists only of Disney songs and 80s cover bands, 1 "open mic" night staffed solely by CP CMs on their off nights (playing for beer only).

71jason

Off Kilter feels like a band that should play in a DD club, not in EPCOT. Hope they get rid of them to be frank. Preferably to be replaced by more appropriate and theme-strengthening acts. Yes, not holding my breath for that one.

Have you ever been in a club? Bagpipes? Really?

Meanwhile, British Revolution is literally a bar cover band. I know this because I've seen the guys playing bars around town. (They're talented ... but a bar band.)

This has nothing to do with thematic integrity, everything to do with cutting older Equity acts who cost too much money. TDO has crossed the Rubicon here.

dreamfinder

durangojim

Nothing to replace the Spirit of America? That is a real shame. We saw it last year by happenstance and my two young kids thought it was great and so did my wife and I. Better make sure we see the Voices of Liberty before they're gone too.
As for the other performers, we never watched their shows, but I always loved walking around WS hearing the acts perform. Always added a lot of excitement and energy to EPCOT.
So sad.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am very sad to see these acts leave, but at the same time there was an excellent point about stagnation at WDW. At least these are getting replaced and not axed completely. Let's see what new acts they can bring in.
I agree - there needs to be a change. But it is always hard for the fans of those groups to take.

Let's see what the replacements can do.

Cmdr_Crimson

Let the angry mobs commence!
Angry+Mob.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom