EPCOT Entertainment cuts

NearTheEars

Yeah, that's the thing. I understand people have loyalty to certain acts and are disappointed. But we constantly hear on these pages about how WDW is "stale" and it seems that WDW is lettign go of some performers while replacing them either new acts. The new acts seem by and large to fit the theme of WS great (perhaps arguably better than the acts they are replacing, though the devil is in the details) so this doesn't strike me as a "dumbing down" of WS the way Frozen being added is.

I don't see the problem at this point. Obviously, the quality of the new acts is yet to be determined. But I think it is a good thing to periodically change performers in Epcot.

Now, if they cut acts with no replacements, that's a different story.

I'm excited to see the the flag performance in Italy and the Celtic music in the UK. I think they have the potential to be great replacements. But we won't know until we see them.

Its great that these performers have been loyal, but eventually acts need to be replaced. That's why I don't approach this with as much anger as many have.

But they better mean it when they say "and more...." because the not everything has been replaced.

stuart

Truly Gutted that Off Kilter are leaving. I'm never happier than first night and out to Epcot, seat by the wall at the Rose and Crown for Illuminations, few drinks from the pub and watching them.

They are one of the things I look forward to most when we go, and they've been there almost as long as we have been going - back when they basically had a platform - as seen in my avatar - which I've had since joining these boards.

DisUniversal

People get ed when Disney doesn't make changes.
People get ed when Disney makes changes.
People get ed when Disney doesn't make changes.
People get ed when Disney makes changes.

And on and on and on..........
Yes, because the driving force behind making or not making changes is always the same lately...short term profits.

FigmentFreak

While I'm sad about Off Kilter, allow me to make a suggestion for the ne entertainment....

th
Oh, I'm a lumberjack.....

jrlang1

I am on the it is time side. Although off kilter is popular it has had a long run and should be either updated or changed. I am a fan and will sttop every time I pass by but new entertainment will bring returning locals and help with a stale section of the park. For example the British Invation band has a limited audiance now becuase the popularity of the music only atracts the older demographic where celtic is experiance a rebirth of sorts.

habuma

For our next trip, we were originally not even going to do Epcot. But then we decided that we'd do a half-day in Epcot just to catch Soarin' and Test Track and whatever else from FW we could fit in. Then, just the other day, I talked my family into doing a full-day so we could catch some of these live acts in WS (specifically, Off Kilter, but also some of the others).

Now let's regroup: Maelstrom (closed), Off Kilter (axed), MoRockin' (gone), Fife & Drum (outta here)...I hate to say it, but Epcot just became a half day park for us. I'll withhold final judgement pending the new shows coming online, but at the moment I'm rethinking our plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom