EPCOT Entertainment cuts

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I have just heard from several very reliable sources that Off Kilter, The Fife & Drum Corp and Mo' Rockin' are all being terminated as of September 27th. That is the date of the final performances for all three acts. I personally am sad beyond words. Off Kilter has been a staple for me for many years. I have heard that they are looking to replace them with more "traditional" entertainment for the future. Thoughts, opinions?? Marie

My friend Noel works Fife & Drum and I can confirm this...so sad and angry

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
Well that will wake one up quicker then coffee....

Disappointing to hear....the acts being cut were some of the best offerings at EPCOT, in my opinion.
Off Kilter has a decent following of fans. They will likely not be too thrilled to hear about this bit o' news.
Um no they aren't. That is one of the first places I heard about this from was a local fan who goes to see OK a LOT. This will not be cause for celebration for many many people. Marie

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
We are not in a court of law, simply a discussion, the post said they were looking for replacements. There is not guarantees one way or the other.......it is my reading of her post just as it is yours.

AKK
Who said anything about a court of law? I simply stated that just because someone was told TDO was "looking for replacements" doesn't mean they actually are or will. Particularly with their recent history....

Tonka's Skipper

Who said anything about a court of law? I simply stated that just because someone was told TDO was "looking for replacements" doesn't mean they actually are or will. Particularly with their recent history....

or will not happen.....AKK

My point was that this is just a discussion, every post you may not agree with does not need to be dissected like in a court of law.

Last edited:

ABQ

I'm blown away by these cuts. All 3 acts drew crowds. I cannot see how they were not revenue generating cost centers, to put this in bean counter speak. And if that's the case, cutting them will result in a negative impact on the bottom line overall. Stupid move.

Tonka's Skipper

I'm blown away by these cuts. All 3 acts drew crowds. I cannot see how they were not revenue generating cost centers, to put this in bean counter speak. And if that's the case, cutting them will result in a negative impact on the bottom line overall. Stupid move.

Agreed!..............AKK

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom