EPCOT Entertainment cuts

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I stopped in on the final day for the WS players to pay my respects. I dont know if any of them will be kept in any capacity. I know at least one of the OK guys were told they could apply for any position that is open, which was a part time quick service food role. I thought that was incredibly insulting. I dont believe any of the OK guys are taking that offer. If I do hear about any of the WS gentlemen, I will post it here!! Marie

Foolish Mortal

I know at least one of the OK guys were told they could apply for any position that is open, which was a part time quick service food role. I thought that was incredibly insulting. I dont believe any of the OK guys are taking that offer. If I do hear about any of the WS gentlemen, I will post it here!! Marie

If true, WOW. Takes insulting to an incredibly new meaning !! Thanks for posting.

mm52200

I don't know anything for sure but I think in the past if a show closed the performers were offered roles in other shows but this time they were all cut with no other offers. This all because of budget cuts. These are all longtime Equity performers who despite being dedicated to the company for a long time were more or less just shown the door without much of a thanks. Also where could they be put with more and more Equity positions being cut every year it seems.

PhotoDave219

I stopped in on the final day for the WS players to pay my respects. I dont know if any of them will be kept in any capacity. I know at least one of the OK guys were told they could apply for any position that is open, which was a part time quick service food role. I thought that was incredibly insulting. I dont believe any of the OK guys are taking that offer. If I do hear about any of the WS gentlemen, I will post it here!! Marie

Part-time food service?

My response to that would garner me a warning point and admonishment from the moderators.

Whoever told the entertainer that needs to wear a full baby's diaper. Right on his face.

evnted

sad that off kilter is leaving but i was very lucky to see them on their last day. massive crowd every time they performed (even when it was raining)
4PQ6Hf7.jpg
cQ3LkBc.jpg
JH3Qb60.jpg

NewfieFan

Saw the final Off Kilter performance. Sadly that was my first time ever watching the show and I regret always skipping it. They were incredible and the whole show was filled with emotion. It got a little crazy in the end when security had to kick them off the stage

I just saw that posted on the fb page! Was that necessary!?! Seems like bad show and Disney trying to make a statement (they're in control, not the fans, not the band).

DisUniversal

Saw the final Off Kilter performance. Sadly that was my first time ever watching the show and I regret always skipping it. They were incredible and the whole show was filled with emotion. It got a little crazy in the end when security had to kick them off the stage
I read that as well. Also said they starting breaking down the stage immediately, right in front of the visitors. Not sure how much lower Disney can go.

BrerJon

The crowd

You weren't the only one :) WSP had such a big crowd to see them off, although not as much as Off Kilter's last which seemed to have more Cast Members managing taped throughways than Wishes does!

I've been doing a 'closings' tour this week, managed to see the last World Showcase Players, Spirit of America (very emotional), Mo-Rockin', Off Kilter, plus did a couple of farewell Maelstroms and Backlot Tours (with Friendship Boats, LMA and Indy thrown in for 'just in case' reasons), so quite a good haul really.

Last edited:

BrerJon

I don't know anything for sure but I think in the past if a show closed the performers were offered roles in other shows but this time they were all cut with no other offers. This all because of budget cuts. These are all longtime Equity performers who despite being dedicated to the company for a long time were more or less just shown the door without much of a thanks. Also where could they be put with more and more Equity positions being cut every year it seems.

And all because of those wretched MagicBands. Who knew one mismanaged project could have so many unfortunate side-effects across the company.

NearTheEars

Yikes security had to get them off stage? That's crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom