Epcot, Animal Kingdom

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow I missed a really epic thread!
When I first read his post I believed the Australia bit because I know that they have been talking about a new AK land and I knew that there was cleared land between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia. But the Spain pavilion I didn't buy for a second.

This thread made my Monday! I love this site!:ROFLOL:
That land was cleared during the initial construction of the park.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Wow I missed a really epic thread!
When I first read his post I believed the Australia bit because I know that they have been talking about a new AK land and I knew that there was cleared land between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia. But the Spain pavilion I didn't buy for a second.

This thread made my Monday! I love this site!:ROFLOL:

And let's not forget that Spain isn't exactly in the financial shape to ante up any monies for a pavilion right now....

Wilt Dasney

And let's not forget that Spain isn't exactly in the financial shape to ante up any monies for a pavilion right now....

They were going to apply for an EU bailout of their pavilion.

(Naturally, the German pavilion would have assumed most of the financial load.)

Foolish1

He doesn't just claim to be a CM, he says he's an Imagineer.

I'll preface this with an upfront statement that my firsthand knowledge of Imagineering culture is zero, but my impression from folks who do seem to have some knowledge is that they generally don't join Web forums, boldly announce that they work in Imagineering, and proceed to give away trade secrets. Perhaps we've found an exception to the rule? :)

You are assuming that when they come here they announce that they work for WDI. What if they come here and only post occasionally and never give an affiliation?

Tom

Beta Return
You are assuming that when they come here they announce that they work for WDI. What if they come here and only post occasionally and never give an affiliation?

Then they usually just comment or respond, and likely don't offer much information. If they're really from WDI, they're not posting things like this guy.

Wilt Dasney

Actually, that's exactly the kind of thing I would assume a real Imagineer would do. Since I would assume they can't talk about 99% of what they know without risking their jobs, it's probably best for them that nobody know who they are. (For all I know, you could be an Imagineer, with your tersely worded post and lack of avatar.) :lookaroun

Anyway, that's kind of what I was getting at in the post you quoted, without coming right out and saying "I think this kid's a liar!" (That doesn't seem like much of a concern now.) :lol:

imagineer boy

I agree with everyone else. Funniest thread in WDWmagic history. It even tops the "Tear Down the Haunted Mansion" thread, I think. :lol:

Wow, I must've missed that one. Could you link it possibly?

This thread also reminds me of an epic thread a few years ago where some lady came on arguing that the Country Bear Jamboree was completely inapropriate for kids. :lol:

Foolish1

I do find it curious that your work day consists of 8 minutes in the early hours of the morning, during which you have time to post on here.:brick:
If you were supporting IllumiNations, when would they do it? While I am not saying this proves anything, I would presume there would be a fair amount of work done from 10pm to 2am each night. So his posting at 3am, probably about the time he might get home, seems reasonable. But this does not prove the content of his posting either way. (Just that posting in the early hours is somewhat consistent.)

IWant2GoNow

Holy crap this thread is worthless.

Other than ripping the OP to shreads that is. :ROFLOL:

As soon as I saw the thread title I shook my head. Then to walk into all this... hilarious!

Thread Closed :lol:

s8film40

Holy crap this thread is worthless.

Yes it is. Even if we assume that Disneyroks is a legitimate Imagineer and truly does have access to inside information, what he posted is completely useless. He said that a new area would be added to AK and Epcot in three years and gave no details (Attractions, restaurants, size location, etc.). Even if this was confirmed to be true in three years time it would almost definitely change several times or have the possibility of being canceled. Just look at FLE those plans are being changed and it's already under construction.

MCC1

Everyone knows Ireland is the next pavillion...(shoot, wasn't supposed to post that...boss coming...gotta go...don't tell anyone!:cool:)

WishIwasThere

I just googled DisneyRoks - Several things come up including DisneyRoks being a member of ClubPenguin and being 18 years old.

Man...if ClubPenguin includes a job in Imagineering...sign me up. Here I thought they were much more selective. Every time I post for a job in engineering at the Disney Careers web site, I either am ignored and politely told that I do not have the right requirements they are currently looking for.

Horizonsfan

If you were supporting IllumiNations, when would they do it? While I am not saying this proves anything, I would presume there would be a fair amount of work done from 10pm to 2am each night. So his posting at 3am, probably about the time he might get home, seems reasonable. But this does not prove the content of his posting either way. (Just that posting in the early hours is somewhat consistent.)

He said at 3 am he had to go to work. He kept posting till like 3:09 am when he said he had to go to bed. That is a very brief workday in my book. I'm sure if there's work to be done on ROE they do it at night however wait till 3am? Really? Plus like Lee and others pointed out, the show is over a decade old at this point, what's left to program?:cool:

Stitchmon

He said at 3 am he had to go to work. He kept posting till like 3:09 am when he said he had to go to bed. That is a very brief workday in my book. I'm sure if there's work to be done on ROE they do it at night however wait till 3am? Really? Plus like Lee and others pointed out, the show is over a decade old at this point, what's left to program?:cool:

didn't you hear? my superiors told me that they're taking out the Globe segments, and replacing it with a revolving Stitch barge that will burn and shoot off fireworks in time to the Spanish national anthem played on didgeridoos!
:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Wish I could tell you more, but I have to get to work!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom