Epcot, Animal Kingdom

JustInTime

2 things to point out: First, if he was really a WDI, he would have never spelled his name ROKS. These people are creative geniuses. Second, that avatar SCREAMS 12 year old boy.

Dayma

Yet another thread where someone posts a rumor/news and people go off on them because they don't know who he is. This is an internet message board.....lol

Tom

Beta Return
Yet another thread where someone posts a rumor/news and people go off on them because they don't know who he is. This is an internet message board.....lol

I hope you're not being serious.

There's a difference between someone comming on here with an exciting piece of information they learned while on vacation, not realizing how we all react to stuff like that...

...and a kid impersonating an Imagineer while stating rumors as if they were facts. This situation was a flagrant and intentional foul. No question about it.

To top it off, the same day he joined, he solicited one of the Forum Moderators, suggesting that he should also be a Moderator, saying "Don't you think a DWI should be a moderator on this forum?"

Tom

Beta Return
So is it safe for me to report the Imagineering name change to DWI in the Rumors forum?

I think it's safe to say it's a solid rumor at this point, so yes. WDI will be much appreciative, and Roks will probably receive an award for his thorough data collection and market research here on the forum.

Crazy Harry

People are "going off" on him because he is obviously lying. Posting rumors is perfectly fine whether an established member or not, but those doing so should expect scrutiny (note also that there is at least some debate no matter who is providing the info). After all, isn't debating the legitimacy of a rumor part of the function for the board? In this instance, well established rumors were utilized as a vehicle in an attempt for the user to mascarade as an imagineer. I believe this is what other members take issue with more than anything. If someone attempts to falsify their identity, and especially when such an attempt is done poorly, then they should expect to be called out.

However, this is no excuse to be rude. I haven't read all of the posts, but I think most of the comments are fair, although some fun has been had at the expense of the OP.

_Scar

So is it safe for me to report the Imagineering name change to DWI in the Rumors forum?

I don't know what it would stand for, but it should totally be DERP. Like WDWMagic DERPs.

Like a DERP concept would be: tearing out MJT for australia. DERP.

azzureblue

Rumor or Truth, ream CM or not ----- This is one of the liveliest discussions in quite a while.

Spain at Epcot - eh. Doesn't really excite me one way or the other.

As for Australia, there's an Australian Outback area at the Columbus Zoo. It's pretty cool. My kids like the kangaroo area. They let the humans go into the "cage." It's a fenced in area with walkways for people, but the kangaroos can go wherever they want. They hop all over the place, crossing the walkways, etc.

Columbus Zoo is definitely not AK, but AK is more of a zoo than they want to admit. Australia could be a good addition.

WishIwasThere

This was a humorous thread...but I think you guys scared off the OP. He ahsn't posted anything on WDWMagic since the "Post Closed" comment.

He did make another humorous prediction in another thread that Mickey and Minnie's houses are being relocated to the enterence of the park. I guess they would have to be remodeled as victorians instead of craftsman style to fit in...but that's for another thread.

Master Gracey 5

Man, the things I miss by not signing on over the weekend.:lol:

Seriously, and to think I spent most of my Sunday afternoon working from home when I could have been part of this epic thread.

Still, it made my Monday morning reading through every post. We'll have to relive this thread every few months for fun.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Seriously, and to think I spent most of my Sunday afternoon working from home when I could have been part of this epic thread.

Still, it made my Monday morning reading through every post. We'll have to relive this thread every few months for fun.
I spent most of mine playing Halo:Reach. I also did about 5 loads of laundry and mowed the lawn so I would not feel like a total sloth.:D

Wilt Dasney

I just had a horrible thought.

Now that he's been so thoroughly brutalized here, what if Disneyroks goes back to his bosses and convinces them to kill Spain and Australia? Just tells them nobody on the internet liked the ideas (which they gave him permission to leak), and that's that.

Well, I guess if we don't see Spain and Australia get built in the next few years, we'll know why. :(

Wow I missed a really epic thread!
When I first read his post I believed the Australia bit because I know that they have been talking about a new AK land and I knew that there was cleared land between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Asia. But the Spain pavilion I didn't buy for a second.

This thread made my Monday! I love this site!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom