Entertainment News

mm52200

Where did you hear this? Outside of the site I haven't seen this verified.

Are you sure about this?
Don’t expect much outside of the video wall.

Cast is a mixed bag. Some were invited back to audition, others weren’t. Regardless, they all had to re-audition. How many were cast again is unknown but most likely a solid mix of returning and new.

Prototype82

Serious question - what entertainment is missing from Pandora?
Sure thing! Three components - the amazing Swotu Waya Na'vi drum ceremony that echoed through the land. First of its kind interactive show. The wandering botanist/wildlife ranger guides that welcomed guests in the valley with spontaneous tours, and the super popular eco ranger mech-suit show that took place near Pongu Pongu. With a good deal of entertainment returning to AK, I really hope to see these soon!

Texas84

Sure thing! Three components - the amazing Swotu Waya Na'vi drum ceremony that echoed through the land. First of its kind interactive show. The wandering botanist/wildlife ranger guides that welcomed guests in the valley with spontaneous tours, and the super popular eco ranger mech-suit show that took place near Pongu Pongu. With a good deal of entertainment returning to AK, I really hope to see these soon!
I've never seen the guides. A tour sounds like fun.

natatomic

Anyone have any scoop on what’s going on with Voices? From what I’ve seen all their sets are new and they’re still in the off the rack Macy’s outfits.
They’ve added a few new songs, but they still sing some of their old/usual ones too.

Don’t expect the old costumes back. Disney has been wanting to modernize their costumes for ages. Guess this was their opportunity.

No idea the new ones will look like. Someone saw a rendering of a men’s long sleeve shirt which he said was “hideous” and that he hoped it was one of the rejected options, but he doesn’t know for sure either way.

TikibirdLand

I've never seen the guides. A tour sounds like fun.
Never knew they existed. IMO, this is EXACTLY what Pandora is missing. No way I'm spotting all the clever "plant" and wildlife put there. I might spot some (like that squirting one up front). But, others will pass me by because I don't have a clue what I'm looking at. BTW, I have the same problem at botanical gardens. So, it's not just Pandora!

Prototype82

Because they’ve never existed except for grand opening, press event, media type things. And maybe a few days around the opening. But never as a regular offering, so shouldn’t be included in a list of “missing” things.
There were indeed two costumed guides that were present for only the media event that we haven't seen since. But the rangers debuted a year after opening with the "new" mech suit show. They share the same white shirt and green pants costume that debuted in 2018. It's not a listed offering but it was a spontaneous happening that did happen throughout the valley. You had to be lucky enough to catch it in the trails around the land. I took this shot in March of 2019.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 6.14.51 PM.png

Thumper 32

There were indeed two costumed guides that were present for only the media event that we haven't seen since. But the rangers debuted a year after opening with the "new" mech suit show. They share the same white shirt and green pants costume that debuted in 2018. It's not a listed offering but it was a spontaneous happening that did happen throughout the valley. You had to be lucky enough to catch it in the trails around the land. I took this shot in March of 2019.

View attachment 628281
Yes, that is the same performer as the mech suit show. This was their “b show” if they didn’t have the stilt walker for a particular set, and just had the one performer, either planned or unplanned (tech difficulties, call in, etc). Again, not a separate offering to be called out.

trainplane3

Never knew they existed. IMO, this is EXACTLY what Pandora is missing. No way I'm spotting all the clever "plant" and wildlife put there. I might spot some (like that squirting one up front). But, others will pass me by because I don't have a clue what I'm looking at. BTW, I have the same problem at botanical gardens. So, it's not just Pandora!
Because they’ve never existed except for grand opening, press event, media type things. And maybe a few days around the opening. But never as a regular offering, so shouldn’t be included in a list of “missing” things.
I've seen the "tour guides" out and about while the mech suit show was happening. Could've been a freak occurrence but it was something neat to see two guides walking around the land, talking to guests and showing kids the "wild life" of Pandora.

Prototype82

Exactly! As a mega-fan who already knows a ton about what plants are which, there's still a crazy amount of narrative that is lost without a tour! A friend of mine showed me a part of the ground where Imagineering literally captured a scene of where a hexapede deer was taken down by a viperwolf. The tours really made the subtlety pack a puch!

wdwfan22

Show was bloated as hell, so I'll take it. It was never like Festival, in which the entire show is just banger after banger. You never root for anyone to lose their job, but "Finding Nemo: Just the Hits" will be a welcome change.
The Nemo show felt more like a broadway musical, where Festival of the Lion King feels like a theme park show. The 5 minutes making stupid animal noises at the beginning is horrid. Then it’s just a greatest hits collection with no real story element. It’s short though and Nemo was longer. Most Guests attention span is 25 minutes and that’s it. I see the new Nemo musical following suit.

wannabeBelle

Original Poster
I have seen Nemo a few times and it was never my cup of tea. I love Broadway and theatre type stuff, so that's not it but this didnt work for me personally. Now Tarzan Rocks! was one of the I have to see this every time I am in the park shows for me. I loved it!!! The aerial portion of that show was my absolute favorite. The high energy concert type setup was awesome. Marie

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The Nemo show felt more like a broadway musical, where Festival of the Lion King feels like a theme park show. The 5 minutes making stupid animal noises at the beginning is horrid. Then it’s just a greatest hits collection with no real story element. It’s short though and Nemo was longer. Most Guests attention span is 25 minutes and that’s it. I see the new Nemo musical following suit.
The animal sounds is to entertain the crowds while the last few people trickle in.

The story is that it's just a party taking place after the events of the movie. It's an excuse for Cirque-like acts and to feature the kicking music of the film. It's one of the most popular acts that Disney has in any of its parks.

ppete1975

Exactly! As a mega-fan who already knows a ton about what plants are which, there's still a crazy amount of narrative that is lost without a tour! A friend of mine showed me a part of the ground where Imagineering literally captured a scene of where a hexapede deer was taken down by a viperwolf. The tours really made the subtlety pack a puch!
there are pandora/avatar mega fans!!!??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom