Entertainment News

jec24

I see Disney updated their calendar (Disneyworld.com) for early November yesterday and added a bunch of Fantasmic! shows. I am going the 6th - 15th and instead of just 2 shows I now see about 7-9. Many nights picked up an additional show at 8:00pm along with the scheduled 6:30 showing. :D

disney4life2008

I see Disney updated their calendar (Disneyworld.com) for early November yesterday and added a bunch of Fantasmic! shows. I am going the 6th - 15th and instead of just 2 shows I now see about 7-9. Many nights picked up an additional show at 8:00pm along with the scheduled 6:30 showing. :D

WOW - You are right. The extra shows end 2 days before I arrive, lol. Maybe they will add more. I know the calendars are always updated 2 weeks out. I love Fantasmic!

disnyfan89

Do not get me wrong, I like HS. However, it is the most boring park to me. There is no DISNEY magic. I feel like when I am at HS, I am in Pixar or Disney Channel Studios. It bothers me that the main Disney characters are NO WHERE. On NON Fantasmic days, I never see Mickey and gang unless you do a character greeting. I also HATE High School Muscial. And the Pixar Parade is TERRIBLE - BEYOND TERRIBLE. Im sure little kids enjoy it but it has no Disney magic. It seems like something that would be at Universal. There are NO DISNEY CHARCTERS in the parade (Mickey and Gang). I like the rides but HS needs to HUGE UPDATE. I spend about 4 hours at HS and I am done.

:rolleyes: Pixar characters are Disney characters no matter how you spin it. We owned the characters long before we owned Pixar itself. Why should we treat these characters any different.

captain marvel1

alright now tell us as much as you put what you dont like down there. what do you like then hmm?

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 17:40
disney4life2008
user_online.gif

WDWMAGIC Guest

Do not get me wrong, I like HS. However, it is the most boring park to me. There is no DISNEY magic. I feel like when I am at HS, I am in Pixar or Disney Channel Studios. It bothers me that the main Disney characters are NO WHERE. On NON Fantasmic days, I never see Mickey and gang unless you do a character greeting. I also HATE High School Muscial. And the Pixar Parade is TERRIBLE - BEYOND TERRIBLE. Im sure little kids enjoy it but it has no Disney magic. It seems like something that would be at Universal. There are NO DISNEY CHARCTERS in the parade (Mickey and Gang). I like the rides but HS needs to HUGE UPDATE. I spend about 4 hours at HS and I am done.

Also, they have ruined the Back Lot Tour. I enjoyed it with Residental Street then when they tore that down, I still enjoyed it. But the Back Lot Tour is nothing more than just a tram ride through the back of the studios. BORING. And the pre taped speech is HORRIBLE. I always enjoyed the tram ride driver making jokes.

Do not get my started on Fantasmic. The reduction in the show is terrible. It has been a year, I have gotten used to it but at the end of the day it sucks.

Finally, American Idol is a JOKE. While I give kudos to the attraction - it is similiar to TV. It is something that belongs at Universal Studios. Little Kids would rather wait in line and see Fantasmic vs. waiting in line and watching people perform whom may or may not be good.

Sorry for the rant but it is just my personal feelings.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
alright now tell us as much as you put what you dont like down there. what do you like then hmm?

post_old.gif
Yesterday, 17:40
disney4life2008
user_online.gif

WDWMAGIC Guest

Also, they have ruined the Back Lot Tour. I enjoyed it with Residental Street then when they tore that down, I still enjoyed it. But the Back Lot Tour is nothing more than just a tram ride through the back of the studios. BORING. And the pre taped speech is HORRIBLE. I always enjoyed the tram ride driver making jokes.

Do not get my started on Fantasmic. The reduction in the show is terrible. It has been a year, I have gotten used to it but at the end of the day it sucks.

Finally, American Idol is a JOKE. While I give kudos to the attraction - it is similiar to TV. It is something that belongs at Universal Studios. Little Kids would rather wait in line and see Fantasmic vs. waiting in line and watching people perform whom may or may not be good.

Sorry for the rant but it is just my personal feelings.

All that you have to do to quote someone is to hit the quote button.
quote.gif

:wave:

TinTinV12

HSM isn't leaving anytime soon...sorry! And if you think that this is the end of the HSM franchise then I'd recommend googling up some info on HSM 4, which begins filming soon.

If it's not your cup of tea, don't stand to watch. If you're not the demographic, then it doesn't really matter - does it? :)

WDW1974

Thanks for the update, Drew.

It's amazing they can cut Fantasmic drastically and close the park so early (even in peak summer seasons) and then wonder why their in-park spending is down drastically. What did they think? That people did all their spending in the mornings?

The one morsel you mentioned that I really hope happens would be the return of the WDW Easter Parade. It was a wonderful tradition that was killed for money reasons. I wonder if Michael O'Grattan has his hand in that ... or even Fantasmic too.

EPCOT Explorer

It's amazing they can cut Fantasmic drastically and close the park so early (even in peak summer seasons) and then wonder why their in-park spending is down drastically. What did they think? That people did all their spending in the mornings?

The one morsel you mentioned that I really hope happens would be the return of the WDW Easter Parade. It was a wonderful tradition that was killed for money reasons. I wonder if Michael O'Grattan has his hand in that ... or even Fantasmic too.
I know I wait for the evening, and this is just a observation, but walk into the Emporium an hour after Rope Drop? PACKED. :shrug::lol: Worse than the crowds at closing, IMHO.

Agreed on Easter, though. Would be kewl to see it on TV again...even though it would be just like the XMas one, and just one long promo for WDW...and DL!:rolleyes::lol:

I like the commercial, though:eek:

drew81

Original Poster
Will Tiana and gang be out for Meet and Greets or just the show?

Princess Tiana and Prince Naveen will so sets. Louis and Dr. Facilier will be in the show only.

HSM isn't leaving anytime soon...sorry! And if you think that this is the end of the HSM franchise then I'd recommend googling up some info on HSM 4, which begins filming soon.

If it's not your cup of tea, don't stand to watch. If you're not the demographic, then it doesn't really matter - does it? :)

I heard the HSM contract would be ending soon. :shrug:

I hope they do bring back the Easter parade. It would be nice to see it back.

GiveMeTheMusic

HSM3 will close sometime next year because a new HSM film will be released. At that point, the show will just change over to the new film, like it has twice now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom