Entertainment cuts

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You're going to want to believe whatever nastiness you want to believe, despite decades upon decades of history of people posting prattle like yours being wrong about the company over and over and over again.

The fact that you don't see this as the best decision to make at the time underscores your intention to believe the worst no matter what.

Live in the dark dungeon within which you've imprisoned yourself. You can read trip reports and such from those of us free to enjoy and appreciate, I suppose, scraps of sustenance for a Disney fan gone bad.

In other words, all you have is your personal attacks. Sad and pitiful.
Oh, the irony....

brb1006

We can't let the cartoon competition get a big lead on Disney:

Speaking of Six Flags, they currently have a Looney Tunes stage show "We Got The Beat" where the characters sing songs from the 80s that's been running since the early 2000s.

And "Looney Tunes Dance Off" where the characters sing modern pop songs but related to themselves. At least the characters sound like their singing unlike "We Got The Beat".

The best former Looney Tunes stage show at Six Flags that at least tried was "The Toonite Show" from the early 1990s.

Phil12

I dislike bananas, but you don't see me burning down banana plantations. I just don't eat bananas. Maybe you could just keep walking past the Dapper Dans instead of saying they need to do away with them? Many of us enjoy a variety of streetmosphere.
Well, I've got to admit that there is one good use for barbershop quartets:

tirian

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Disney stock was hovering in the mid $20s now it's currently at $138 a share. The stock performance under his reign speaks for itself.
That’s undeniably true; yet as we’ve discussed in other threads, people within the industry are starting to get concerned because although the company might as well print its own money, that money comes from IPs Iger has purchased and marketed heavily. In the case of Star Wars, he oversaturated the market.

I’m glad my stock is worth more than it was a decade ago. I’m not glad that his regime has begun cutting the company’s legendary quality and innovation to boost profits. To use WDW as an example, cost cutting and price hikes are now creating profit margins and making Wall Street happy; but how can the company expect to operate the WDW resort long-term if they’re slowly pricing out the majority of guests? That’s a ton of ground transportation, watercraft, entertainment, theme park, hotel, and support positions to operate. Price gouging produces short-term profits, not long-term sustainability.

But he’ll be gone before that catches up to him, and tbh, as long as Feige operates Marvel and Pixar produces hits, nobody on Wall Street will care about the parks.

Lilofan

That’s undeniably true; yet as we’ve discussed in other threads, people within the industry are starting to get concerned because although the company might as well print its own money, that money comes from IPs Iger has purchased and marketed heavily. In the case of Star Wars, he oversaturated the market.

I’m glad my stock is worth more than it was a decade ago. I’m not glad that his regime has begun cutting the company’s legendary quality and innovation to boost profits. To use WDW as an example, cost cutting and price hikes are now creating profit margins and making Wall Street happy; but how can the company expect to operate the WDW resort long-term if they’re slowly pricing out the majority of guests? That’s a ton of ground transportation, watercraft, entertainment, theme park, hotel, and support positions to operate. Price gouging produces short-term profits, not long-term sustainability.

But he’ll be gone before that catches up to him, and tbh, as long as Feige operates Marvel and Pixar produces hits, nobody on Wall Street will care about the parks.
Parks for sure hold dear to the Disney fans for their own respective reasons. Yes, companies are pressured by Wall Street and investors in short term profitability and that will surely tee off die hards. Some critics think the sky is falling when Disney parks are in their minds, failing. Parks and resorts is just one segment in TWDC. When Iger became CEO after the Eisner regime, it was no surprise he was looking to sell off the parks and just focus on the other business units driving Disney. Comcast offered $54B and pay off all Disney debt in 2004 to purchase the company, Disney board said offer was too low. Who knows, when the new chief comes in 2022 when Iger is gone if the parks are for sale again..There are always going to be fans and they are always going to be haters in what the Disney execs do. The parks rely on repeat guests to feed the Disney money machine. But is Disney working hard enough to get a more diverse group of guests in the park to spend money and boost attendance? Many immigrants from various income levels are living in the USA. Do they have any desire to visit the Mouse and enjoy the park offerings such as entertainment? In regards to the future of theme parks, it's obvious the growth is not in the USA. Disney is looking to invest in parks in other countries. No hard feelings, POTUS.

Last edited:

DisneyDreamerxyz

I'm going to try to make a list of all of the Entertainment cuts (plus things ending soon), let me know if I've missed any

*Burudika at Animal Kingdom
*The Muppets: Great Moments in American History - Magic Kingdom
*Mousekedance It Parade - Two performances instead of three
*The Incredibles Dance Party - Hollywood Studios
*Lost Friends Meet n Greets - Magic Kingdom
*Racing Academy Dance Party - Hollywood Studios
*Hakuna Matata Dance Party - Animal Kingdom
*Dinoland Dance Party - Animal Kingdom
*Live Entertainment - Port Orleans (temporary)
*Royal Majesty Makers / Sword in the Stone ceremony - Magic Kingdom
*Jammitors - Hours cut
*The Story of Coco - Epcot

People are saying the Edna Mode Meet n Greet and the Mike & Sully Meet n Greet are not leaving, I hope that's true. I'm not sure how long they plan on having Bo Peep in Toy Story Land but I doubt it's permanent. Does anyone know if the Green Army Drum thing still happens everyday?
Baymax and Joy and Sadness are still at Epcot, but only til around January. Once they tear down that building they will be displaced for quite awhile. The UK band won't be able to play once they tear down the UK bandshell for Mary Poppins.

Lilofan

I'm going to try to make a list of all of the Entertainment cuts (plus things ending soon), let me know if I've missed any

*Jammitors - Hours cut

People are saying the Edna Mode Meet n Greet and the Mike & Sully Meet n Greet are not leaving, I hope that's true. I'm not sure how long they plan on having Bo Peep in Toy Story Land but I doubt it's permanent. Does anyone know if the Green Army Drum thing still happens everyday?
Baymax and Joy and Sadness are still at Epcot, but only til around January. Once they tear down that building they will be displaced for quite awhile. The UK band won't be able to play once they tear down the UK bandshell for Mary Poppins.
I heard the Japan drummers outside the pagoda in Epcot are doing limited shows. That group has a lot of arm power.💪

DisneyDreamerxyz

I heard the Japan drummers outside the pagoda in Epcot are doing limited shows. That group has a lot of arm power.💪
yes I forgot that one ! Matsuriza ! also I believe the Canada band is not playing because of refurbishment in around the Canada pavilion and I'm not sure what the status is of the Viva Gaia Street Band at DAK>

ColdSarsaparilla

*Jammitors - Hours cut

No clue if true, but someone on Twitter said DiVine is being cut.

I guess they figure that Animal Kingdom has built up enough goodwill that it's a prime property to be maimed.

TrainsOfDisney

Not sure if this is the same as last year or not but citizens of Hollywood only have like 3 sets a day at 12:15, 2:00, & 3:00. Looks like 5-7 per day.

I went to see Burudika today... they did “he lives in you” from the lion king on broadway. So good. Also enjoyed the acrobats and the harp player. The entertainment really brings the village alive.

note2001

No clue if true, but someone on Twitter said DiVine is being cut.

I guess they figure that Animal Kingdom has built up enough goodwill that it's a prime property to be maimed.
I think the proper term so as not to offend the organic beings is "trimmed". 🤣

I'd hate to see her go though, she adds a shock and awe aspect to the park for both new and old guests.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom