Entertainment cuts

bUU

You mean the hooey?
There was no "hooey". You just didn't like what I wrote. Live with it.

Not even close, but I guess that sounded good in your head before you typed it.
And I suppose my mother wore Army boots, too? Just because some other people here behave like children in response to my comments, don't stoop to their level Tony.

While you’re spending 45 minutes at the Oasis, I’m spending 4 or 5 hours at the Tune-In Lounge, spending money on food & bev, and engaging other patrons who stay longer and spend more. But I’m sure WDW appreciates your staring and lingering. And I’m sure you’re having a better time!
I never said anything against the Tune-In Lounge. You're just grasping at straws at this point. What's going on? Trying to get some in's with the cool kids. Just say no.

Yet, you lumped me in with those people.
You lumped yourself in with them. Why? I don't know.

It may not come off as well as you think.
Nonsense. The reaction shows very clearly how effective it is. I'll start worrying when people I am disagreeing with don't whine about my comments.

bUU

oh wait... so they are being replaced by a new band? While still maybe not the best decision, that’s different than entertainment being cut and not replaced.
Yet the negative Nancys will continue to peddle their "everything is cuts" rhetoric regardless. It isn't about being informative or helpful; it's about street cred with other curmudgeons.

bUU

It does “feel” as if there are more cuts then there are new offerings. It’s not dramatic, like cut 5 add back 1. But it’s like, cut 7 add back 6, but with less shows. That kind of thing. A slow erosion.
A feeling that people for over thirty years have been claiming that they have been having; and yet still more and more guests are having great vacations at the resort.

The "feeling" doesn't ring true.

bUU

Many of us can't see ourselves spending more then 4-5 days at Disney anymore.
So don't.

Move on.

History has shown that there are more people coming up behind you as you depart. The point remains that your individual disappointment isn't as significant as you're trying to make it out to be. Just say you're not happy, leave, and be done with it.

Tony the Tigger

There was no "hooey". You just didn't like what I wrote. Live with it.

Sorry, but this:

bUU said:
It sounds like you are one of those people who run through The Oasis because you don't recognize it as an attraction. I wonder how much of the misbegotten criticism in this thread is a product of the critic simply being incapable of appreciating what is a Disney attraction versus an amusement park ride.

So it really does boil down to different kinds of resort guests: The kind of guest that Disney targets, who could legitimately spend probably closer to three or four weeks enjoying all that Disney offers, and the kind of guest for which nothing practical will ever be acceptable, which the company is surely better off sloughing off. I'm glad to be on the winning team.”

...is hooey. Meaning: baseless speculation about what others do or do not (there is no try) at AK, then a farcical conclusion derived from that baseless speculation, and then patting yourself on the back at the end.

No substance, all hooey.

Thanks for making me type “hooey” so many times that my phone no longer attempts to auto-correct the spelling.

Last edited:

wannabeBelle

I think with the cutting of Burudika, drink sales at the Dawa bar and drink and snack sales Tamu Tamu will go way down. You would expect the band would pay for itself just on drink sales.
I said the exact same thing regarding the Scat Cats bar for Jason and Billy. the bar is dead when they arent around. So take out the two musicians but lose all the revenue at the bar and food court area? It doesnt seem to make any sense. I am telling you, someone has it out for great live entertainment at Disney. Marie

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
So don't.

Move on.

History has shown that there are more people coming up behind you as you depart. The point remains that your individual disappointment isn't as significant as you're trying to make it out to be. Just say you're not happy, leave, and be done with it.

Or I can continue to visit a very good amusement park every few years, and lament the days when it was more than that. Whilst shaking my head in wonderment that there are people spending upwards of 40k on expiring time shares at said amusement park complex. It's also interesting to think about a person spending 10% of their year at WDW. I mean, how many times can you ride Alien Twisty Saucers before you realize you are in a land that would barely make the grade at Six Flags? Anyhoo, enjoy your very transparent soapboxing. I'm sure your friend TWDC will take notice and scoop you right up for a job in marketing.

Tony the Tigger

Follow the thread:
Well, that’s a lotta hooey.

Three or four weeks, I’d be bored out of my mind and/or in debt for the rest of my life.
Debt is irrelevant to this discussion though.
Debt/pricing is nearly always part of the discussion. You can’t go to WDW for 3-4 weeks without considering it.
Go ahead and explain how Disney directs resources towards people staying 3-4 weeks vs. 4-5 days.

(That never got answered. There was a suggestion that you answered it in your all-opinion-no-facts hooey post, which showed evidence of nothing.)
So basically you're doing a little Chicken Little dance, proclaiming that the sky is falling when it really isn't.
Not even close, but I guess that sounded good in your head before you typed it. Maybe try more thoughtfulness, less reacting.
And I suppose my mother wore Army boots, too?

Wrong reaction. You made an incorrect assessment of my statement, and there’s no way around that. I simply pointed out your interpretation was “not even close.” In fact, it was completely made up.

Show me how you get from “pricing is always part of the discussion” to a “chicken little dance.”

I expect pricing is part of the discussion in 80-90% of all successful and/or abandoned bookings. Should we stay at the CBR or the Yacht Club or the Poly? It’s that basic. That’s “part of the discussion.”

Focus, and don’t misrepresent or exaggerate, or add your own spin on what others are saying, and you might be able to have a real conversation with less hostility (if that’s what you want.)

Just getting “a reaction” is not indicative of success.

ImperfectPixie

No I'm not. I simply posted something you don't like and for which you don't have a legitimate rebuttal.

And I've been highlighting the vapid nature of such complaints since the net.disney days in the early 1980s.

When I started highlighting the vapid nature of such complaints, there wasn't a parade in EPCOT and there wasn't a Hollywood Studios.

American Gardens Theater (back when I started highlighting the vapid nature of such complaints, there wasn't anything near as high quality being presented there); Canada; UK (Rose & Crown Pub and back of the UK pavilion); France; Morocco; Japan; America Pavilion rotunda; Italy; Germany; China; Mexico.

When I started highlighting the vapid nature of such complaints, there wasn't a nighttime spectacular at Hollywood Studios. If you cannot admit that Fantasmic is a fine trade-off for Spectromagic, then you're utterly unreasonable.

They're no longer doing that routinely. I find it really funny that the first whine in your list that had any validity whatsoever was something so inanely petty. You probably don't even realize it.

The real question in all this is that if you have such a negative attitude toward Disney why aren't you finding something else to do with your life? LOL. Is this another example of "The Problem With Disney Fans"?
I pride myself with being able to get along with just about anyone, but I'm done responding to your pompous, self-aggrandizing foolishness.

starri42

P&R's late 90's till late 00's weren't exactly the best of times. Iger's rein certainly changed things and certainly made revenue a key metric for park performance, after all its what the investors want to see
Your complaint is that a for-profit enterprise is trying to make the most money possible?

For the record here, I don't like the corporate environment that Disney exists in. But until I become Emperor of the Universe and decree how economics work, I accept the realities of the situation.

dreamfinder

The one in Massachusetts doesn't. It's filthy. They have a couple characters near the entrance but no shows. It's really awful.

They definitely used to have shows. I know there was a Batman? stunt show over by the Superman coaster at one point. Haven't been there in years, but used to have an AP and go just to crank out coasters for a few hours.

starri42

The one in Massachusetts doesn't. It's filthy. They have a couple characters near the entrance but no shows. It's really awful.
I went to Six Flags New England for the first and last time a few weeks ago. I guess I didn't hate it.

I think my standards for regional parks were spoiled by growing up near Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Also, one of the coasters hurt my back.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I said the exact same thing regarding the Scat Cats bar for Jason and Billy. the bar is dead when they arent around. So take out the two musicians but lose all the revenue at the bar and food court area? It doesnt seem to make any sense. I am telling you, someone has it out for great live entertainment at Disney. Marie
Whoever makes these entertainment decisions should be forced to watch this video.
Trigger Warning -- people smoking, drinking, ogling, and otherwise having a good time...

Last edited:

ImperfectPixie

I went to Six Flags New England for the first and last time a few weeks ago. I guess I didn't hate it.

I think my standards for regional parks were spoiled by growing up near Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Also, one of the coasters hurt my back.
Did you try the food? We went for the first time several years ago and it was awful...horrible food (even for an amusement park), terrible service, zero shade...we only stayed an hour. Thank goodness someone had given us tickets.

Lilofan

P&R's late 90's till late 00's weren't exactly the best of times. Iger's rein certainly changed things and certainly made revenue a key metric for park performance, after all its what the investors want to see.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Disney stock was hovering in the mid $20s now it's currently at $138 a share. The stock performance under his reign speaks for itself.

Last edited:

VaderTron

Attachments

• tenor.gif
    tenor.gif
    3 MB · Views: 65

starri42

Did you try the food? We went for the first time several years ago and it was awful...horrible food (even for an amusement park), terrible service, zero shade...we only stayed an hour. Thank goodness someone had given us tickets.
We ate lunch out of desperation. I try to be conscious of my carbohydrate intake, so the only option I could really find ended up being a cheeseburger, and by that, I mean a clearly-frozen burger patty with a sad slice of cheese on it. I gave the fries to my husband, who was similarly disappointed in his chicken fingers.

We complain about Disney prices for food, but it was honestly not appreciably cheaper than general Quick Service, and made my college dining hall seem like Victoria and Albert's.

I mean, the day was fairly cheap, we had a nice drive up from NYC, and it was Pride Fest, which we didn't know in advance, but was a nice surprise.

Rue D'Baga

I don't have anything to add except that I (obviously) love French Quarter and Jason and Billy were a HUGE part of that. I've seen so many people turn a walk through the lobby into staying, listening, ordering food/drinks...and, surprise surprise, on the nights they aren't playing there's maybe 5 people in the bar at once.

I always dread this time of year due to Disney cutting so many lovely things, but this one hurts the most.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom