Entertainment cuts

FerretAfros

If MK can’t maintain a respectable roster of atmosphere entertainment (not that the current lineup is anything to brag about), I suppose it’s a good thing that the Main Street theater got cancelled. Better to have a vacant expansion pad for future use than an empty husk of a building that they won’t pay to operate.

I have no problem with various acts getting rotated out for replacements or updates on a regular basis (Move it, Shake it! in particular seems long past its expiration date). But considering that both the quantity and quality MK’s atmosphere entertainment already lags far behind the other castle parks, it’s just pathetic that they’re simply eliminating things. For supposedly being the most-visited theme park in the world, they sure act like they’re going out of business.

Disney charges a premium price, but does not deliver a premium product. They need to spend money to make money; you can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

Movielover

How can someone hate the Muppets? That's almost the equivalent of saying one hates Christmas.
(Though the Muppets don't obligate you to spend time with relatives whom you'd prefer not to see).

Some people just don't have love and joy in their hearts.

Ironically they are the ones who need the Muppets the most...

tumblr_m02ituSN6G1qjd1y3o1_500.gif

Magenta Panther

How can someone hate the Muppets?

Gee, I don't know, why don't you ask all the moviegoers who shunned the second Muppets revival film, thus making it a flop? ;)

People outgrow things. At least, most people do, especially childish things that don't stand the test of time (without a lot of Disney money propping them up). Maybe some folks ought to ask themselves why they still LIKE certain things, rather than bash the ones whose tastes have improved and thus moved on?

Rodan75

I’m beginning to think everyone here is a goldfish. Every year Disney has a small round of layoffs in Sept, every year (or nearly every year) Disney announces entertainment cuts in September (with new ones announced for Spring launches before Christmas) and every time @Magenta Panther mentions his dislike of muppets ppl attack him.

This has happened before. It will happen again.

Magenta Panther

If thats all you think the Muppets are... Then I am very very sorry. You have my pity.

It may not be all that they are, but it was easily the only thing about them that was remotely entertaining. At least to me. Pity the pig puppet didn't beat all the rest of them up more often! Now that would have been enjoyable!

Surferboy567

Gee, I don't know, why don't you ask all the moviegoers who shunned the second Muppets revival film, thus making it a flop? ;)

People outgrow things. At least, most people do, especially childish things that don't stand the test of time (without a lot of Disney money propping them up). Maybe some folks ought to ask themselves why they still LIKE certain things, rather than bash the ones whose tastes have improved and thus moved on?

.........geez someone really doesn’t like the muppets

aladdin2007

Too bad Chapek isn't shown the door too....But in all seriousness I am guessing these cuts are coming from TDO, since they have to answer to Burbank?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The last time they announced a bunch of entertainment cuts, they launched nearly 1 for 1 replacements within a month or two., all of which were clearly in the works for a long time.

Correct, however this time they will be replaced by automatic entertainment kiosks similar to the replacement photopass devices.

KaliSplash

It seems to me they often cut or reduce live performance entertainment after Labor Day. Not happy to see these go but not surprising.

TrainsOfDisney

The last time they announced a bunch of entertainment cuts, they launched nearly 1 for 1 replacements within a month or two., all of which were clearly in the works for a long time.

I’m not totally sure what got cut when, but nothing has replaced the pirate tutorial show or the jugglers in storybook circus correct?

I know muppets was supposedly in place of banjo brothers...

And the replacement for PUSH is long gone correct?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom