Entertainment/Character Updates

NewfieFan

Yes my girls were screaming this morning over reading this news on the club Penguin site....They could'nt understand that we just could'nt fly out to see them:hammer:..(hopefully he'll be there when we go in September)...But yes they are excited.It really is a cute site..

Yeah, we're not going until the end of August so we're hoping the same thing! My son thinks Club Penguin is "so cool"! (He's 5 years old.)

Disney_Freak429

No really I do get how big Club Penguin is I just feel Phineas & Ferb has more of a wide apeal because it has a show on Disney Channel already. Maybe its just because I havent played Club Penguin yet because the concept doesn't thrill me (no I am not one of those bitter VMK fans) But like I said anything new is good for the most part & the parade changes sound good so I'll just sit & wait until they decide to bring in Phineas & Ferb because I know it will come sooner or later.

KP25701

No really I do get how big Club Penguin is I just feel Phineas & Ferb has more of a wide apeal because it has a show on Disney Channel already. Maybe its just because I havent played Club Penguin yet because the concept doesn't thrill me (no I am not one of those bitter VMK fans) But like I said anything new is good for the most part & the parade changes sound good so I'll just sit & wait until they decide to bring in Phineas & Ferb because I know it will come sooner or later.

I want Phineas and Ferb 2!!!!!!:D

talfonso

Club Penguin? The next time I go to DHS on May or late August (perhaps even June on my free admission on my birthday, since it fall on one of my Seasonal Pass dates), I'd might catch up with them! :shrug:

Gorjus

Show stops are a bit unpredictable lately. During the busiest times, they removed the show stops. The next week, they had 2 instead of 3. The show goes Town Square to Frontierland now, rather than the usual way. So, who knows. New show May 3rd. Expect to see a lot of cast members lining the route to root on their friends.

MousDad

I really dont want to sound stupid but what is blue penguin?:hammer::shrug::confused:

One of the main characters (I think the cover character on most packaging) from the (you'd be surprised how) popular Disney gaming series Club Penguin.

The Club Penguin franchise is a combo of trading card game / video game (for DS) / online game and social community (similar to VMK). There are also toys starting to pop up.

While adults would have no clue, most kids are in on the loop, and have mercilessly begged their parents for the $3-$6 a month (depending on number of months purchased) membership fee.

And by the way, I was informed when I showed my son the announcement that Captain Penguin is actually "Captain Rockhopper - duh, Dad, don't you know anything." :hammer:

Captain Rockhopper is an elusive system character who occasionally shows up at CP to interact with users.

Amy_Callaghan

Ok here's some news for you all. Remember, take it with a grain of salt.

Studios news-
-The Blue Penguin and the Captain Penguin from Club Penguin will be coming to the Studios for meet n greets for a test in the near future. They will be appearing in the old Sorcerer Mickey location not to far from the Backlot Tour.
-I've heard rumors that Prince Caspian may be going away in a few months.
-I've heard rumors that JoJo and Goliath may be going away at some point if other Playhouse Disney characters are brought to the Studios.
-Possible start date for the "UP" characters is around May 24th. From what I've heard they are for sure coming to the Studios for meet n greets.

Revamp of MK Parade-
Look for the revamp of the parade to get Lady Tremaine, Anistasia and Drizella. At this time don't expect to see anymore of the Winnie the Pooh characters. Jafar, Abu and Genie are also supposed to be included in the new version.

I'm so glad we got to see Prince Caspian back in March, got some great photopass pictures on my cd of my children with him!!! :)

drew81

Original Poster
An update-

I've heard that Carl Fredrickson and Russell will be the only UP characters out for meet n greets. The Bolt characters are definitely going bye bye.

Tinkrbell

From what I heard at work today (I work in character costuming at Epcot, so its a pretty good source), Genie won't be in Morocco at Epcot after May 9th or 10th.

NewfieFan

ok two things
1...when will the bolt characters be gone
2...is there anywhere i can see wall-e.......what ever happened to that LCI wall-e

As of right now there is no where to see our dear Wall E!:( The LCI had problems and wouldn't be able to stand up to all the wear and tear it would get in the parks!

I don't know when Bolt is going away but I wish it wasn't so soon. My kids never got a chance to see the characters which is sad! IMO, they don't leave the "new" characters out long enough! The movie only came out a little while ago and some kids are only now getting into Bolt for the first time!

tinktoo

Aww - it's such a shame that the Bolt characters will be leaving soon. We were at DHS a couple of weeks ago and the waits to meet Bolt and Rhino were 1 hour +. I'm so glad we waited to meet them. Hope the Up! characters stick around for a while.

Disney_Freak429

An update-

I've heard that Carl Fredrickson and Russell will be the only UP characters out for meet n greets. The Bolt characters are definitely going bye bye.

Thanks for the update I figured it would only be them. Hope they get here soon keep us updated when they will arrive so I can try to be there the first day.:D

plutoismyhero

Ok, I'm not positive about this. But I heard, from my friend, that the Bolt characters will be leaving after next week.

Ugh im not gonna be at the studios til may 11th that sucks. O well so someone said that the UP characters are gonna replace them is this true i mean im guessing it is but just confirming

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom