Energy Refurb May 1-14

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
According to Mouseplanet, Ellen's Energy Adventure will be closed for refurbishment May 1-14. They say the work will be replacing the carpets in the theater and replacing the screens in theaer 1.

TheDisneyMagic

Great to hear that it is going to be getting some love and attention, when you say replace the screens do you mean actually replace them or change the projectors?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
1disneydood said:
Hopefully this is a sign that this isn't going anywhere. :sohappy:

Hopefully it`s a sign to keep it running until The Seas is finished then we`ll get a better Energy pavilion, as cutting edge today as the original appeared in 1982. Perhaps the pavilion infrastructure will also get the TLC it sorely needs too!

WDWGuide

I love the dark ride portion, I hate the Exxon/fossil fuel industry commercial (which is pretty much what most of the movie is).

aeillill

I don't care what they do to this attraction as long as they keep those dinosaurs. They are my earliest memory of the theme parks and I'd be absolutely heart broken if they were gone

Ciciwoowoo

My first reaction when I read this... Great! I'm going to be there at that time and I won't have to ride it! :) My family likes this ride, but I find it to be a snooze-fest. Maybe if they combined it with the Buzz Lightyear concept and gave us all lazer guns? :)

CoffeeJedi

i've always loved this attraction
even though its technically just 2 movies broken up by an AA dinosaur sequence, i don't care, the wrap around screens of the movies themselves, combined with the sound effects and the breathtaking sweeping imagery always manages to thrill me.
i can take or leave Ellen and the Jeapordy stuff, but i think Bill Nye is great

for those of you don't like it, why not? i always hear the same thing, its "boring", "too long", or "good for a nap", but those are rather generic complaints. what is it that they could do to make you like it? (also, how can anyone possibly sleep through it? i think its the loudest film-based attraction in the whole of WDW)

kcnole

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if they'd change the movies. They're too long and the Ellen/Bill Nye portion is horrible. I do enjoy the ride through the dino sequence though.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm not usually a naysayer on new updates, etc. In fact, when it comes to attractions I think Disney has only fumbled the ball 3 times the last ten-15 years or so and that would be SGE, Tiki Bird Room Under new Management, and the UoE update. The original show had more effects and a much grander feel to it as well as a couple of campy songs that seem to work on Disney attractions. I think they wanted to lighten the show up a bit, but they did it at the expense of the show scenes (especially the last one which is much less grand than it used to be) and methinks the addition of too much goofiness (do we really need and Ellen AA that's the same scale as the dinos?). At one point Marni discussed the changes that were originally planned for the update and I think if they had gone that route that the show would have been improved.

I think a little refurbing is nice, but I hope this pavilion is due for a major overhaul or replacement soon.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
marni1971 said:
Hopefully it`s a sign to keep it running until The Seas is finished then we`ll get a better Energy pavilion, as cutting edge today as the original appeared in 1982. Perhaps the pavilion infrastructure will also get the TLC it sorely needs too!

I'm excited that UoE is getting some care... but something really needs to be done about WoL before they dive into UoE infrastructure. IMO

RnRJoe6114

ASJHLJ said:
I think a little refurbing is nice, but I hope this pavilion is due for a major overhaul or replacement soon.

Agreed.
It's not a terrible ride. I like it all except for the movies. They just need to update the movies and make them a little shorter, and then I'm fine. And maybe take out Ellen.

Pete C

RnRJoe6114 said:
Agreed.
It's not a terrible ride. I like it all except for the movies. They just need to update the movies and make them a little shorter, and then I'm fine. And maybe take out Ellen.

There is way too much Ellen in Disney rides and movies. I do think she is a very funny woman, but I mean how much can we take?

Pongo

Pete C said:
There is way too much Ellen in Disney rides and movies. I do think she is a very funny woman, but I mean how much can we take?

Hm. Maybe I'm missing something. What else is she in besides UoE and Finding Nemo?

:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom