end movie of the GMR

its_my_friday

Original Poster
Does anyone know if there is a listing of all the movies that are featured in the clips at the end of the Great Movie Ride? My friend and I have decided to see all the movies that are featured, but some we just can't figure out. Thanks for any help.

Magister

That ride has become incredibly dated... Is the newest flick on that ride the first Indiana Jones? The gangster thing is VERY VERY dated and just isn't funny. Especially when the gangster is someones grandmother.

Disney needs to bring that ride into the 90's...

DisneyMedic

Careful guys your talking about my FAV attraction..lol lol

There are a few things that could be updated. Overal I love this attraction in fact I am trying to get hired to work on it. It is ment to be a journy into the movies of the past so I can see how you would think it is dated. I would not change much in the core of the attraction but maybe update the film at the end to include more movies of the last 10years. I like the cow boy and gangster sceans but I do agree that if you get the wrong cast memeber palying the gangster or cowboy it can be flat if they do not have the energy for the role.

If I could update any section of the core of the ride I think it would be the Allien section. Things kinda slow down there and it is not very exciting. Maybe up date it with a Terminater or Star wars section... the only other section I am not as passionate about is the Tarzan scean. i would like to see that change into some other movie. But please leave Oz,Casablaca,old west,underworld,singing in the rain,Marry p and others alone.

Just my thoughts

brich

This is funny. I remember years back, the first time I went on the Great Movie Ride. I loved the movie at the end. Mostly because of the sound and how loud and cool the Star Wars theme was. And here it is, years later and now I get an even better experience from my own home theater system. Ok, my screen is a bit smaller... :lookaroun

In today's digital age, they need to really represent what we have today. Clean up the image, update it and make it awe inspiring like the films should be... :D

DisneySam

I love the GMR, they do need to keep the classics, but add some new in, and the end should have an addition with newer movies. Also as much as I love the classic movie clips in the que area, they really need to make that longer.

DznyRktekt

DisneyMedic said:
If I could update any section of the core of the ride I think it would be the Allien section. Things kinda slow down there and it is not very exciting. Maybe up date it with a Terminater or Star wars section... the only other section I am not as passionate about is the Tarzan scean. i would like to see that change into some other movie. But please leave Oz,Casablaca,old west,underworld,singing in the rain,Marry p and others alone.

Actually, they wouldn't be able to do a Terminator scene because it is a Universal Picture.

It saddens me that there seems to be little enthusiasm by the cast the last times I have visited the Great Movie Ride. Hopefully you can do your part to bring back some of the magic that used to be there in the early 90's DisneyMedic.

The scary part is that when exceptional attractions such as this become stale, someone decides to "clean the fridge." Lets hope that the gourmet meals of the past stop being replaced with bologna and mac and cheese. I guess money is tight and mice seem to like cheese. :rolleyes:

TheDisneyMagic

DisneySam said:
I love the GMR, they do need to keep the classics, but add some new in, and the end should have an addition with newer movies. Also as much as I love the classic movie clips in the que area, they really need to make that longer.
I agree, so many times when we have a long wait, that we go through those clips two, three and once even four times.

In general I love the great movie ride, and the movie clip at the end all though it needs digitalising is still great in my eyes. If the video and sound were both remade in a digital format I think it could live on in it's current state for years to come. They could add a few more films to that video but I still think that it is fine now.

DisneySam

And the bad things about the clips I have noticed that its boring for young kids, and some adults that maybe don't like classic movies. For me its great but I know that like if my brother were there he would complain.

A Star Wars scene would be AWESOME! The Alien scene is my least favorite in the whole ride, it doesn't really fit?

mitchk

I think GMR is to MGM, what SSE is to Epcot. It's a classic. But last time I was on it the tour guides mic was very low, and I could hardly hear anything she was saying. They also need to get better actors in there. My Gangster was about 60, and he did not look like he wanted to be there. His diolage was very boring, and just delivered very badly. Anyway, I say add some newer movies to it, and get more gifted CMs to do the acting.

Fran98765

We last went in May and then last August. When riding on it this May, we wondered who our live actor would be. What were the odds that it was the same exact CM playing the gangster as our last trip?? LOL :D She had a unique voice that was easily recognized, so we are certain it was the same woman. I agree it needs a major update.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
DisneyMedic said:
Careful guys your talking about my FAV attraction..lol lol

There are a few things that could be updated. Overal I love this attraction in fact I am trying to get hired to work on it. It is ment to be a journy into the movies of the past so I can see how you would think it is dated. I would not change much in the core of the attraction but maybe update the film at the end to include more movies of the last 10years. I like the cow boy and gangster sceans but I do agree that if you get the wrong cast memeber palying the gangster or cowboy it can be flat if they do not have the energy for the role.

Just my thoughts

I agree with the ones you identified as the scenes to leave alone. I do like the alien scene...but it has been dummied down as the original scared too many people. Tarzan is too big with nothing going on. They should expand the "monster" area from a corner with a few skeletons to include the classic monsters. The one area that bothers me most is the Busby-Berkley dancers...they look like a bunch of adult blow up dolls....

Connor002

Magister said:
That ride has become incredibly dated... Is the newest flick on that ride the first Indiana Jones? The gangster thing is VERY VERY dated and just isn't funny. Especially when the gangster is someones grandmother.

Disney needs to bring that ride into the 90's...

hey, i love when they gangster is an old lady. i think its funny to see them having fun in the role and doing a good job at the same time. somtimes, you get a CM thats not so good, but come on, just because a few CMs are lackluster would you revamp the whole ride? i think some sceens are better than others, but overall it still has a lot of life left in it. the only thing worth updating is the movie, which i personally don't understand why they haven't already done that, considering most PC have the power to make a movie mix like that, the only thing i see as being a problem would be upgrading the projectors, which would cause so down time for removal and instalition.

getting back to the gangster thing...
"Hey, is this Joisie?"

*end rant*

dvcnut39

First off, I love the GMR, but.....last July, we decided to skip Fantasmic! in order to make good on the shorter lines. So we decided to ride the GMR 1st, BIG MISTAKE! Although there weren't too many people in front of us (about 6 rows), it took forever to get on because they said they only have two trams running during Fantasmic!. Turns out thatwas the only ride that we had time for.

MeTa

Haven't read all the posts but it needs to be updates WITHOUT the 'universal" movies....for example, terminator.

CThaddeus

its_my_friday said:
Does anyone know if there is a listing of all the movies that are featured in the clips at the end of the Great Movie Ride? My friend and I have decided to see all the movies that are featured, but some we just can't figure out. Thanks for any help.

I'll take a look at my video of it tonight, but I know in addition to those on the previously mentioned webpage, there is "Showboat," "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids," "Sister Act," "Raiders of the Lost Ark," and I think "2001," "Ben Hur," and "The Godfather." Of course, I haven't been on it since 2002 and so they may have changed some of the clips since then.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yeah, the clips change now and then. I just tried to clock them but there`s so many! The most recent (I have) is Armageddon and possibly Gladiator (or was it an older Chariot race?)

This really is a great ride...it's too bad the big Mickey hat obscures the view of the complete replica of the Grauman's Chinese Theater!

I love this ride though...can someone explain how they dummied down the Alien scene?

It's one of those rides that, at least for me, I feel like you actually get a nice, LONG ride for your wait time. While other rides are nice because they offer thrills, they only last two minutes...then you have to wait another 45 mins for another 2 minute thrill ride. The thing about older rides like these is that they give you more "bang for your buck." Including the movies at the end, how long is this ride...22 mins? Oh yeah, anyone know if the Fanstasia scene was truly supposed to be ANOTHER Wizard of Oz scene? I read an article on it...seems logical. But wow, that would've been a ton of Wizard of Oz.

Anyway...other movies at the end: Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop, Sound of Music, Grease, Cabin in the Sky, Gone with the Wind, Malcolm X, Terminator, Nightmare of Elm Street, Lethal Weapon

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom