News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SpectreJordan

Does this mean we can give Universal the Undisputed Best Dinosaur Themed Land belt, finally?
There was never any competition. I could maybe see liking Dinosaur more than JP River Adventure (I'm team JP though) as a ride. But JP as an overall land has always been leagues better than "a carnival in a parking lot & a cool ride/restaurant/store".

I wish Disney was more blatant with being a JP ripoff tbh. It probably would've ended up being a better land.
Just spoke with someone in the know...I don't often claim this, but I actually spoke to someone with firsthand knowledge (see discussion of when TRON was going to open if you don't believe my source's track record). The Indiana Jones project in AK is still in development, but it is A) not the Disneyland version cloned and B) not using the Dinosaur animatronics. They are developing something completely original for Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom.

I've got more little tidbits to share in other threads...
Interesting. That's good news that it's going to be original; that gives it a better chance of somehow tying into animals & being something new is better than porting over a 30 year old ride. Have you heard if there's any possibility of it going to MK (Adventureland needs some love) or DHS instead?

drnilescrane

Zootopia doesn't fit in the park in a large way. I don't mind it being presented at the Tree of Life. It seems like they will be leaning into the natural biomes aspect of the story, and a 3D show is harmless and fun. Doesn't effect the park's messaging any more than Tough to be a Bug would.

I think it’s a harmless way to bridge the gap between thematic integrity and guest expectations.

To a lay person Zootopia = Animals = Animal Kingdom and if the survey data is loud enough sometimes you have to meet people where they are. The job is to find a creative way to do it.

Last edited:

Haymarket2008

I think it’s a harmless way to bridge the gap between thematic integrity and guest expectations.

To a lay person Zootopia = Animals = Animal Kingdom and if the survey data is loud enough sometimes you have to meet people where they are. The job is to find a creative way to do it.

They came up with the Tree of Life project. They made the right call. A full land is incorrect.

Rosso11

The Indiana Jones project in AK is still in development, but it is A) not the Disneyland version cloned and B) not using the Dinosaur animatronics. They are developing something completely original for Indiana Jones in Animal Kingdom.
This I can confirm I’ve heard the same. It is being written and designed to be fully integrated into Animal Kingdom. It won’t be a clone, story wise to any other Indy ride.

doctornick

So if they are moving forward with Encanto, could anyone provide any details on what that would entail? Is it a ride? Is it focused on the boy who talks to animals or is it more general for the IP?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So if they are moving forward with Encanto, could anyone provide any details on what that would entail? Is it a ride? Is it focused on the boy who talks to animals or is it more general for the IP?
No one is saying at this point. Maybe Disney doesn't even know for sure yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom