News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

AlexYun_

I remember when Temple released in 1984. It was panned and regarded as the “bad one” where both critics and audiences hated it. It even made Steven regretful for making it, and resulted him into making a safe third installment. Years later and due to nostalgia, everyone forgets. Give me a break. People change their tune way too often. “dA gOod iNdY mOvIes!”🙄🤣 Yeah whatever

ClippersRoyal

I remember when Temple released in 1984. It was panned and regarded as the “bad one” where both critics and audiences hated it. It even made Steven regretful for making it, and resulted him into making a safe third installment. Years later and due to nostalgia, everyone forgets. Give me a break. People change their tune way too often. “dA gOod iNdY mOvIes!”🙄🤣 Yeah whatever
Yo facts. Nostalgia is one hell of a drug

Last edited:

ClippersRoyal

1&3 are gold, 2 is ok. There is no other Indy movies.
Temple, at best, is just a film that has some heavy sequences and imagery. But its story is incredibly weak. Same with crystal skull. I’d argue that Dial has a better emotional journey for the character. Which has more depth than the ridiculousness of temple and skull. Which to their benefit are “turn your brain off movies”. Cause you really need to, to enjoy them

ToTBellHop

Who said anything about Temple of Doom? I just said the ‘80s and good Indy movies. I, of course, meant ’81’s Raiders of the Lost Ark and ‘89’s Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.

Temple of Doom has some good score and some pretty cool sets but is largely only good for memes and gifs. In particular, monkey brains are the gift that keeps on giving.
1696199342805.gif

DKampy

Temple of Doom is the worse of all Indy movies… including Crystal Skull… yes you heard me right

EPCOT-O.G.

I agree. There's been so much more indy told since DLs came online, it just doesn't make sense to clone it. Besides, while I really enjoy forbidden eye, the effects are over 25 years old. They can do so much better now.
Since Indy DL came out there were two bad films, a few so-so novels, and terrible video games. It’s probably for the best they don’t use anything Indy-related after 1995.

Since Indy DL came out there were two bad films, a few so-so novels, and terrible video games. It’s probably for the best they don’t use anything Indy-related after 1995.
Before Indy DL there already existed a bad Indy film, few so so novels and comics, a lackluster prequel show that ended quickly, and just 1 good game coupled with lackluster games as well. Not that much different than before. But again, rose tinted glasses

Bocabear

really liked Temple Of Doom... it was fast-paced fun, and despite it not being the best film of the series , still holds up.
Yes there were better ones, but it was still a fun installment. I wish they had built the original Indiana Jones treatment that included the ride, plus a roller coaster through the mines, walk-through exploration trails, and even a train pass-through.
Sadly none of the iterations of the Indiana Jones have been fleshed out... I think if they did, it would be a smash hit...

ToTBellHop

Pshhh Dial was good. It wasn’t mind blowing but way better than expected. Just popular to be a hater, honestly.
Shockingly, I formed my own opinion. If I cared about what was popular, I wouldn’t have spent $50 to take my family.

It was…fine. But entirely unnecessary since they already made the “Indy is old” movie.

Marion leaving him over their son dying was bizarre and it was clear this was caused by Shia being weird. Terrible reason for a terrible plot line.

The female lead was extremely unlikable but we are supposed to suddenly like her at the end? And her hammer fist was laughably stupid.

Shall I go on?

I actually wanted to like it. That’s why I went in spite of the press.

Villain was fun but Mads is always excellent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom