News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

WDWFREAK53

Do we even know that it is going to be a ride? Could be a show or just a glorified meet N Greet....
or a walk-through attraction like Journey of Water. (But I guess you could consider that a glorified meet n greet).

I guess my biggest question in all of this would be the Indiana Jones section. Yes, we know Indiana Jones Adventure out in Disneyland uses the same basic ride layout/tech as Dinosaur, but is it really doing any "forward thinking" by adding a 25 year old attraction? I want something new...use the same ride tech but I don't want the same attraction. Give me a NEW adventure.

Mike S

or a walk-through attraction like Journey of Water. (But I guess you could consider that a glorified meet n greet).

I guess my biggest question in all of this would be the Indiana Jones section. Yes, we know Indiana Jones Adventure out in Disneyland uses the same basic ride layout/tech as Dinosaur, but is it really doing any "forward thinking" by adding a 25 year old attraction? I want something new...use the same ride tech but I don't want the same attraction. Give me a NEW adventure.
I always thought an interesting way to bring Indy to WDW (DHS specifically) was to adapt Shanghai’s Pirates to instead be Indiana Jones Adventure: The Lost City of Atlantis.

Bocabear

I always thought an interesting way to bring Indy to WDW (DHS specifically) was to adapt Shanghai’s Pirates to instead be Indiana Jones Adventure: The Lost City of Atlantis.
That is an intriguing idea... But would probably end up in Tokyo or Hong Kong.
It is a shame the Atlantis movie was not better...
It just seemed to miss...
It would would have made a great live action film.

doctornick

I agree it would be cool. But regardless, they really need to bring that ride tech to the USA in some capacity. For WDW, I feel like it would really be beneficial in DHS - though Indy was always my top choice for it, but there's other potential options for a theme. Heck, I've been fine with the idea of just putting Shanghai POTC in DHS and then removing the Jack Sparrow elements from the MK POTC - that would differentiate the two rides quite a bit and would be fine if they are in different parks.

Bocabear

Honestly, as long as Disneyland has their superior and original version of Pirates, I would be happy to see WDW's cliff notes version get completely replaced by the Shanghai version and expand the area a bit with more thematic decor making that portion of Adventureland look more like Pirates Lair village... The rest of Adventureland could keep it's charming Caribbean/Polynesian/Jungle aesthetic

HMF

Honestly, as long as Disneyland has their superior and original version of Pirates, I would be happy to see WDW's cliff notes version get completely replaced by the Shanghai version and expand the area a bit with more thematic decor making that portion of Adventureland look more like Pirates Lair village... The rest of Adventureland could keep it's charming Caribbean/Polynesian/Jungle aesthetic
Uh, it's not really a cliffnotes version. the story of the Walt Disney World version is a totally different setup than the DL version. a lot of people miss that though.

James Alucobond

I agree it would be cool. But regardless, they really need to bring that ride tech to the USA in some capacity. For WDW, I feel like it would really be beneficial in DHS - though Indy was always my top choice for it, but there's other potential options for a theme. Heck, I've been fine with the idea of just putting Shanghai POTC in DHS and then removing the Jack Sparrow elements from the MK POTC - that would differentiate the two rides quite a bit and would be fine if they are in different parks.
I feel like it could work decently as the centerpiece dark ride for the villains area. If it were something of a villain montage, the core illusion of rising from the bottom of the sea could work really well with Ursula summoning shipwrecks from the depths since the scenes are so similar.

Bocabear

Uh, it's not really a cliffnotes version. the story of the Walt Disney World version is a totally different setup than the DL version. a lot of people miss that though.
That is a great article, but if I have to read that to understand that it is not a cliff notes version, but a reduced experience, it plays as the same thing to almost everyone. Not saying I hate the Florida version...I grew up only knowing that version, but when grew up and saw the California version and the Disneyland Paris version and the Shanghai version....the WDW iteration comes up short on all counts...and indeed does feel like a "Greatest Hits" version of a better ride.
YES! it is a different setup because you are starting in the Caribbean.... But even so, it feels lacking in comparison.(to me)
I think the Paris version is probably the best of all of them with a fully realized Fort, Pirate ships and adventure trail...before you even get inside the queue.

britain

When we went it was one of out favorite rides at Disneyland. That reveal, when the car stops and the whole chamber is visible in front of you, complete with cars going over the bridge, others diving down, smoke, fire and laser --- nothing topped that reveal. Dinosaur doesn't have anything like that. With IJA you got a feeling of size.
I think this is the only way they could screw up this good news: that they change it to Indy but cut out the “big room views” because of some Dinosaur building difference. I mean we know the tracks are the same, but are there any loadbearing walls that would get in the way of the large room views?

britain

What if the Encanto ride is just the Mary Poppins ride we were to get and the Carousel that takes over Triceritops spin is themed to Antonio's animals..
164991b561d24353b10606e09bb4eab06ff8170e.gif

Side thought...is their any space left at TSL to bring over Triceritops Spin and theme it to Trixe?
What if Antonio‘s animals have escaped throughout the entire Casita?

cjkeating

The layout is exact, the walls around it are different.
One thing I have seen spoken about is that the massive open "cavern" room from Indy simply doesn't exist for Dinosaur, which isn't a surprise but I don't think it's possible to retrofit fit that into Dinosaur as the building isn't designed to support a large open space like that. So that's a significant proportion of the ride (50%?) that can't be copy and pasted.

Cmdr_Crimson

One thing I have seen spoken about is that the massive open "cavern" room from Indy simply doesn't exist for Dinosaur, which isn't a surprise but I don't think it's possible to retrofit fit that into Dinosaur as the building isn't designed to support a large open space like that. So that's a significant proportion of the ride (50%?) that can't be copy and pasted.
Unless they do what they did like at TDS with Temple of The Crystal Skull and built upwards to make the queue above the ride..You can see that there isn't too much of a queue outside...
Screenshot_20230930-031527_Google Earth.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom