News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

erasure fan1

We've descended to a new low as fans of Disney Theme parks. Where as once we demanded new attractions and experiences and discussed them at length, we now seem pacified with nonsense talk about something they may or may not do in 10 years.
Careful, you'll get scolded to find a new vacation spot or find something new to be a fan of. Defenders gonna defend.

cdunlap

If there are country representatives teaching guests about their cultures like when I went to DAK's Africa when I was a kid, I'll be very interested and joyous! I remember one showed me a dance from his culture!

WorldExplorer

Animal Kingdom has become a game of Terrible Idea Mastermind at this point.

"This one here? Hm, no, they hate it. Uh, over here and this one there? Okay, they're begrudgingly accepting of that one, I'll try the other one over here..."

I'm so numb I'm not even angry at the Dinosaur axing talk anymore. I still hate the idea of losing it, but all the hemming and hawing is just annoying at this point. But I guess I'd rather they keep doing that than actually deciding on anything...

Last edited:

MadderAdder

Apparently the new photo opp outside DAK’s entrance is Encanto themed with the brother of Maribel that has to do with animals. Interesting!
IMG_7350.jpeg

Dinoman96

A sad and funny thought: there exists a universe where The Good Dinosaur was an actual critical and commercial hit and thus a universe where we'd probably be looking at Dinoland and Dinosaur being revamped into that.

I guess it'd be a way to keep dinosaurs in Animal Kingdom...I guess.

celluloid

A sad and funny thought: there exists a universe where The Good Dinosaur was an actual critical and commercial hit and thus a universe where we'd probably be looking at Dinoland and Dinosaur being revamped into that.

Even easier is the universe where Dinosaur was a hit movie, and the name change came to Countdown to Extinction, we got a great lemur exhibit and everything was well maintained in the Disney universe.

*George

I don't think that the Dinosaur ride experience, as it exists, could be retrofitted into a Good Dinosaur ride. The ride structure is ideal for (and, frankly, almost identical to) and Indiana Jones adventure, just by virtue of the type of ride it is.

Ghost93

Even easier is the universe where Dinosaur was a hit movie, and the name change came to Countdown to Extinction, we got a great lemur exhibit and everything was well maintained in the Disney universe.
Dinosaur was a commercial hit in 2000, but it had no cultural staying power due to being one of Disney's weakest movies.

LittleMerman

I always wanted a South/Latin American section in DAK. Would fit perfectly and could be really beautiful. Would love Encanto, although now I'm confused what's coming to Beyond Big Thunder.

But I really wish Indiana Jones wasn't replacing Dinosaur and they could leave that it's own thing. It makes it less special that it's in Disneyland. And I just love Dinosaur so much. It definitely needs a refresh but I hate to see it go.

ToTBellHop

It’s actually a canon event that The Good Dinosaur must fail across the multiverse. If it makes money, everyone dies.

jpinkc

That hasn’t really been a big problem in a good while. The issue is more that things cost more than anticipated so things get cut to keep the whole project in budget.
Walt would have found a way, he did it his way, yes he made some concessions, but HE DID IT!!!! He made it thematically work, he didnt scrimp or cut corners. Yes there was Black Sunday, but he still got it fixed. Dreamers like him are whats needed in imagineering badly but the whole company needs that, what can we do...............

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom