News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

SpectreJordan

This is the wrong thread, however confining people to a space makes 0 sense for a variety of reasons…. 1) for Disney, they’re not out in the park spending money 2) they’re trapped in a room for literally no reason.

This also is not feasible just for the fact that Disney does not have the spaces for it. Regardless, this idea is ludicrous and something they will never implement.
Why doesn’t it just work the same way as child swap does? Or like the old fast pass system? There are plenty of practical solutions. While I appreciate the access to health care issue in the states, the ‘you can’t possibly ask me to prove my disability’ is a uniquely American problem. The idea that you can abuse the system by just demanding a more advantageous experience is ludicrous. I’m sure people with genuine need to avoid having to wait in lines would rather show a form of proof, than have thousands of other people falsely claiming need.

JoeCamel

The proof needs to be in the form of doctors notes or something similar.

Access to Healthcare is needed to produce doctors notes.

Access to health-care is not a given, especially in this country right now where insurance is largely tied to your place of employment

Even if you have access to Healthcare, mental Healthcare access is a whole other issue

Plus, medical practitioners historically overlook "invisible" chronic issues such as fibromyalgia in younger people. Especially women.

So, requiring proof for a DAS pass sounds good on paper. But in practice makes it much more difficult if not impossible for people who need it.

That being said, I'm just parotting what I've heard from friends who either use DAS or work guest relations about issues they've seen with Universal's system and fears of Disney adopting it. So I'm far from an expert

Of course, this thread has gotten WAY off topic and I definitely take some blame there lol
That sounds like an issue between the patient and their provider. If the provider is not willing to back up a diagnosis then the patient needs to talk to them not expect Universal to waive a requirement that all accommodations need docs.

Ayla

That sounds like an issue between the patient and their provider. If the provider is not willing to back up a diagnosis then the patient needs to talk to them not expect Universal to waive a requirement that all accommodations need docs.
If someone can afford a Disney vacation and claim they need DAS, healthcare access is not an issue.

Indy_UK

This is why replacing Dinosaur instead of expanding is a bad idea.

Studios still needs a lot of expansion. They need some for C/D rides too. Can’t TSL expand out back to have some of the rides like the TS playlands have around the world like Army Man Drop.

Animal kingdom has the luxury of space so I think they should go ahead and replace Dinosaur with Indy but long term, expand on it more with either an Indy Coaster or update the Done yard to an Indy dig site?

Touchdown

Animation Courtyard needs a major update and the old animation studio needs a high capacity ride. DHS should also have a water ride. It needs a PotC Chute the Chute ride. While not the best place thematically I’ll push once again for a Tangled boat ride. Queue is the forest outside Rupunzels glen, soldiers are searching for Flynn and in the queue the big set piece is the Captain of the Guard on Maximus deputizing us to join the search. First scene is Rupenzel and Flynn agreeing to exchange the crown for a trip to Corona. Second scene is the guards and Maximus cornering Rupenzel and Flynn in the canyon with Maximus destroying the dam causing drop #1. Immediately post drop we enter the flooded Snuggly Duckling during I have a dream for a huge scene, we see Flynn and Rupenzel leave at the end. It’s now night in the Forrest and we have Gothel teaming up with the Stabbington Bros to get Flynn, the forrest then gives way to the giant lake for the other giant set piece, At Last I See the Light. At the end of the lake we enter the Coronan boatworks building and start climbing a huge lift. As we climb we enter the castle and are treated to vignettes of Rupenzel and Flynn being chased guards and Gothel/Stabbigton Bros. The crest of the lift features Gothel trying to pull Rupenzel off a cliff and Flynn holding her back and brandishing a knife that goes to cut Rupenzel’s hair and send Gothel into the abyss as we drop. Final scene is the King and Queen embracing Rupenzel wearing her crown.

_caleb

Animation Courtyard needs a major update and the old animation studio needs a high capacity ride. DHS should also have a water ride. It needs a PotC Chute the Chute ride. While not the best place thematically I’ll push once again for a Tangled boat ride. Queue is the forest outside Rupunzels glen, soldiers are searching for Flynn and in the queue the big set piece is the Captain of the Guard on Maximus deputizing us to join the search. First scene is Rupenzel and Flynn agreeing to exchange the crown for a trip to Corona. Second scene is the guards and Maximus cornering Rupenzel and Flynn in the canyon with Maximus destroying the dam causing drop #1. Immediately post drop we enter the flooded Snuggly Duckling during I have a dream for a huge scene, we see Flynn and Rupenzel leave at the end. It’s now night in the Forrest and we have Gothel teaming up with the Stabbington Bros to get Flynn, the forrest then gives way to the giant lake for the other giant set piece, At Last I See the Light. At the end of the lake we enter the Coronan boatworks building and start climbing a huge lift. As we climb we enter the castle and are treated to vignettes of Rupenzel and Flynn being chased guards and Gothel/Stabbigton Bros. The crest of the lift features Gothel trying to pull Rupenzel off a cliff and Flynn holding her back and brandishing a knife that goes to cut Rupenzel’s hair and send Gothel into the abyss as we drop. Final scene is the King and Queen embracing Rupenzel wearing her crown.
Seems like the Imagineer Forums might be better place to post this sort of thing.

I dislike the confidence people have in their armchair ideas, and the oversimplification they tend to treat the real-world realities that go into attraction design and immersive storytelling. These things are much easier said than done.

Goofy Ninja

I dislike the confidence people have in their armchair ideas, and the oversimplification they tend to treat the real-world realities that go into attraction design and immersive storytelling. These things are much easier said than done.

What do you work for Disney?

It seems like you want to run damage control for their bad ideas??? Indy in Animal sucks, Moana in Epcot sucks and Tiana in Frontierland sucks.

Tha Realest

I don't think Indiana Jones belongs in Animal Kingdom. The movie series isn't about animals. They just happen to be in it. What's next Sleeping Beauty and Snow White because there are forest animals in them??? Every Disney movie has animals in it, but that doesn't mean they belong in Animal Kingdom.
I don’t disagree, but the overarching theme for DAK is conservation, and Indy sought to conserve civilization against the Nazi’s, Russians, and Thuggees.

Snow Queen 83

I don’t disagree, but the overarching theme for DAK is conservation, and Indy sought to conserve civilization against the Nazi’s, Russians, and Thuggees.

He mostly just wanted to conserve different countries artifacts and have them in Museums. So everyone can see it and it's not profited upon by evil millionaires and billionaires.

But I guess you could say he helped the people and their civilization in Temple of Doom though.

lazyboy97o

Studios still needs a lot of expansion. They need some for C/D rides too. Can’t TSL expand out back to have some of the rides like the TS playlands have around the world like Army Man Drop.

Animal kingdom has the luxury of space so I think they should go ahead and replace Dinosaur with Indy but long term, expand on it more with either an Indy Coaster or update the Done yard to an Indy dig site?
Both parks lack adequate capacity. Just updating existing facilities doesn’t fix that issue.

_caleb

What do you work for Disney?

It seems like you want to run damage control for their bad ideas??? Indy in Animal sucks, Moana in Epcot sucks and Tiana in Frontierland sucks.
No, I don’t work for Disney. I’m just a fan, like you.

I just stated my opinion: I dislike the armchair imagineers who are quick to throw out big ideas without having all the information as though their high-level story treatments were superior (or even possible).

Which bad ideas have I defended?

MagicHappens1971

Why doesn’t it just work the same way as child swap does?
Child swap works the same way (in essence) the party waits in the physical queue, while one member of the party waits with the child. That member is then able to use the Lightning Lane to experience the attraction.
Or like the old fast pass system?
What is really the difference between Legacy FastPass and the current DAS system? You pick one attraction to receive a return time for, once that has been redeemed, you can get another. Not really that complicated.
There are plenty of practical solutions. While I appreciate the access to health care issue in the states, the ‘you can’t possibly ask me to prove my disability’ is a uniquely American problem. The idea that you can abuse the system by just demanding a more advantageous experience is ludicrous. I’m sure people with genuine need to avoid having to wait in lines would rather show a form of proof, than have thousands of other people falsely claiming need.
The uniquely "American" problem here, is the ADA. Disney themselves can not legally ask for proof, they can go the Universal route and use a third party. However for guest service reasons, I think Disney would rather keep it in house and risk having an "abuser" here or there.

I just can't believe we're having this conversation when the larger encompassing issue is the underbuilt theme parks, and the poor execution of Disney Genie+. Not guests who have disabilities. The sheer amount of people using the Lightning Lanes via Disney Genie+ or ILL is far greater than those who have a DAS.

MrPromey

I like this idea and I think in keeping with their strong conversation theme, admission to this park should be completely free - in service of conserving my bank account.

Total thematic lock, right?!

Last edited:

MrPromey

I just can't believe we're having this conversation when the larger encompassing issue is the underbuilt theme parks, and the poor execution of Disney Genie+. Not guests who have disabilities. The sheer amount of people using the Lightning Lanes via Disney Genie+ or ILL is far greater than those who have a DAS.
This is how Disney likes it - us fighting among ourselves about which guests are the "real problem" while they continue to raise prices and let too many people into underbuilt parks.

Disney's not the problem, after all, it's those other fans, right?

Oh, and here's an illustration of a blue sky idea that nobody has even given any real thought into how to build yet so we won't go into any details on what the experience you'll probably never see would maybe be.

Last edited:

Tha Realest

This is how Disney likes it - us fighting among ourselves about which guests are the real problem while they continue to raise prices and let too many people into underbuilt parks.

Disney's not the problem, after all, it's those other fans, right?
I don’t disagree that this is a problem Disney has caused, and continues to cause, especially by monetizing this service. I do think anecdotal information (TP) and Disney’s own statements reflect an uptick in DAS abuse that is not inconsequential.

MrPromey

I don’t disagree that this is a problem Disney has caused, and continues to cause, especially by monetizing this service. I do think anecdotal information (TP) and Disney’s own statements reflect an uptick in DAS abuse that is not inconsequential.
No argument there - just saying if things weren't the way they were people A) wouldn't be as likely to abuse it as they are now (although some undoubtedly still would) and B) the impact of such abuse wouldn't create as much of a problem for other guests as it does today.

This reminds me of Walt's approach to Disneyland: See people taking shortcuts through bushes - put a path there. See people dropping garbage in certain areas - put a trash can there.

Focus on the reason people aren't doing things the way you want them to and fix the cause rather than try to force compliance. Not only is it the more humane way to go, it's also the only real practical solution when you're talking about paying customers who change over daily and can't really be trained/punished into submission the way you need them to be.

Of course, it's going to take a lot more than concrete and trash cans to fix the problems they've created for guests, here.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Those numbers though still show usage that is below the baseline prevalence of disability within the general population which is expected to increase as the population ages.

SpectreJordan

The “warehouse” issue is inherent to trackless rides and one of the primary reasons I wish they’d move away from them. That said, I prefer MMRR to RotR by quite some margin - one captures the essence of its subject matter and one doesn’t. In fact, I think MMRR is superior to most trackless rides - BatB, Rat, etc. I’m no fan of screenz, but the subject matter and integration of 3d figures and props in MMRR make me much more inclined to give it a pass. I’d PROBABLY rather have GMR, but of all the great replaced attractions - Horizons, WoM, Imagination, Energy, etc - GMR to MMRR strikes me as the least egregious (if we ignore how easy it should have been to have both). Just my opinion, of course…
Really? I think ROTR does a much better job at that. That entire ride reminds me of the 2nd act of the original Star Wars where Luke, Han, Leia & Chewie are running around the Death Star, dodging Stormtroopers & traps.

The Mickey ride is fun but it's a bit too slow for how fast paced & crazy those cartoons are. The vehicles need to be faster to really fit in with that.

Edit: I quoted this in the wrong thread. Oops!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom