News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

I'd love for a bigger Lion King presence in DAK but where would that go? AFAIK, most of the expansion pads are near Asia or Pandora. It'd be very odd to not have the Pride Lands connected to the existing Africa land.
They could use the Pandora expansion pad if they don’t intend to build another Avatar attraction.

Kev1982

I think the general concepts presented at Destination D23 were fine. How good would depend on what exactly the Encanto attraction would entail, but I don't really have a problem with the at DAK the way some do.

My bigger complaint would be the loss of Dinosaurs at DAK as they (and other extinct creatures) should have a place at the park. I'd prefer it is the South America are was an addition and Dinoland remained as is.

I also was reasonable on board with an Oceania land anchored by the Moana boat ride and Nemo. Just thought Zootopia as a land was a stupid idea.
Agreed. Add, not replace. Dinosaur should stay. They can surely just keep that little area with the dino institute as a stand alone attraction. Doesnt need to be a land.
Also, when are they finally gonna do solething with The Jungle Book and Tarzan?????

SpectreJordan

I think the general concepts presented at Destination D23 were fine. How good would depend on what exactly the Encanto attraction would entail, but I don't really have a problem with the at DAK the way some do.

My bigger complaint would be the loss of Dinosaurs at DAK as they (and other extinct creatures) should have a place at the park. I'd prefer it is the South America are was an addition and Dinoland remained as is.

I also was reasonable on board with an Oceania land anchored by the Moana boat ride and Nemo. Just thought Zootopia as a land was a stupid idea.
Honestly, I wish they'd use one of the expansion pads for dinosaurs. Give us a real dinosaur land that could give IOA's Jurassic Park a run for its money. The carnival parking lot has to go.
They could use the Pandora expansion pad if they don’t intend to build another Avatar attraction.
That'd be very awkwardly placed lol
Agreed. Add, not replace. Dinosaur should stay. They can surely just keep that little area with the dino institute as a stand alone attraction. Doesnt need to be a land.
Also, when are they finally gonna do solething with The Jungle Book and Tarzan?????
I don't think they can use Tarzan often due to rights issues.

IMDREW

Swinging tarzan coaster between Pandora and Africa, Jungle Book dark ride set inside King Louies temple in Asia. IP, new builds, in theme, a coaster on the opposite side of the park and an extra family dark ride.

ToTBellHop

Honestly, I wish they'd use one of the expansion pads for dinosaurs. Give us a real dinosaur land that could give IOA's Jurassic Park a run for its money. The carnival parking lot has to go.

That'd be very awkwardly placed lol

I don't think they can use Tarzan often due to rights issues.
It wouldn’t really be that awkward to use the Pandora pad. It’s along the walkway to Africa and after the Pandoran landscape is gone and there’s just a wooden dock walkway.

RSoxNo1

DHS and AK are the only Disney theme parks, globally, to have less than 10 rides each and I worry they'll remain that way for many years to come.
Assuming DAK's Tropical Islands land will be Encanto Ride (roughly on the Primeval Whirl footprint), Flat ride (roughly on the boneyard footprint) and Indy ride (rethemed DINOSAUR). That would bring that park back up to 9 rides (counting the train). That's good, but it absolutely needs 2-3 more rides over and above that. DHS really needs low demand, high capacity rides. It has the e-ticket anchors.

ToTBellHop

Assuming DAK's Tropical Islands land will be Encanto Ride (roughly on the Primeval Whirl footprint), Flat ride (roughly on the boneyard footprint) and Indy ride (rethemed DINOSAUR). That would bring that park back up to 9 rides (counting the train). That's good, but it absolutely needs 2-3 more rides over and above that. DHS really needs low demand, high capacity rides. It has the e-ticket anchors.
Those are meant to be the shows at DHS. They just need to update them. At a minimum, it’s time to put something new in Mermaid and BatB’s theaters.

Brer Panther

Honestly, I wish they'd use one of the expansion pads for dinosaurs. Give us a real dinosaur land that could give IOA's Jurassic Park a run for its money.
And if they did that, they could reuse the animatronics from Dinosaur for the headliner of the new dinosaur land!

They probably won't do that, though. After all, Disney doesn't have any popular dinosaur-related IPs...

Animaniac93-98

DHS really needs low demand, high capacity rides. It has the e-ticket anchors.

Those are meant to be the shows at DHS. They just need to update them. At a minimum, it’s time to put something new in Mermaid and BatB’s theaters.

DHS needs more than these. It needs street entertainment, it needs more exhibits, more meet and greets, more quick serve dining options and more places to sit down.

Walking around both EPCOT and DHS in my last trip made it very clear how sparse DHS is and how lacking in things there are to do overall, especially if you can't do thrill rides.

DHS doesn't have anything like the performers in World Showcase, the model train display, the Seas aquarium. You walk around the park and there is very little to look at or grab your attention between rides. Many areas of the park don't have interesting architecture, gardens or even shade from the sun. Long gone are many of the interactive and educational things (self-promotion aside) that gave the park more of its identity.

They spent billions redesigning sections of the park and its infrastructure, but there isn't really much more to do than before. Especially if you're not interested in the tired line up of shows.

MGM Studios used to be my second favorite WDW park, and the stuff I do like, I really like (and Muppet-Vision looks the best it ever has), but beyond those handful of attractions, it's really quite dull when it's empty and not very fun when it's hot and crowded. It should be so much better after several years of major investment and construction, but it feels like they barely made a dent.

Kev1982

DHS needs more than these. It needs street entertainment, it needs more exhibits, more meet and greets, more quick serve dining options and more places to sit down.

Walking around both EPCOT and DHS in my last trip made it very clear how sparse DHS is and how lacking in things there are to do overall, especially if you can't do thrill rides.

DHS doesn't have anything like the performers in World Showcase, the model train display, the Seas aquarium. You walk around the park and there is very little to look at or grab your attention between rides. Many areas of the park don't have interesting architecture, gardens or even shade from the sun. Long gone are many of the interactive and educational things (self-promotion aside) that gave the park more of its identity.

They spent billions redesigning sections of the park and its infrastructure, but there isn't really much more to do than before. Especially if you're not interested in the tired line up of shows.

MGM Studios used to be my second favorite WDW park, and the stuff I do like, I really like (and Muppet-Vision looks the best it ever has), but beyond those handful of attractions, it's really quite dull when it's empty and not very fun when it's hot and crowded. It should be so much better after several years of major investment and construction, but it feels like they barely made a dent.
In my eyes because they are always replacing, not adding🤷🏼

ToTBellHop

Remember when we had the Citizens, Storm Troopers marching around, parades, and cavalcades?

TheMaxRebo

This!! (Also the shows could be updated and Mermaids theater should be back in action)If the entertainment came back it would make a world of difference!!!

My understanding is there is a mold issue with the Mermaid theater so not easy to get tup and running, but agree - more streetmosphere, etc would help

I know the talk before about dropping the first order march and Star Wars stage show and Trials of the Jedi was that something comparable would be moved to GE as they wanted to put all star wars stuff there - but then a lot got out behind the paywall that was the Starcruiser, but with that now gone, would be nice to see some of those things come back in some form too

mattpeto

My understanding is there is a mold issue with the Mermaid theater so not easy to get tup and running, but agree - more streetmosphere, etc would help

I know the talk before about dropping the first order march and Star Wars stage show and Trials of the Jedi was that something comparable would be moved to GE as they wanted to put all star wars stuff there - but then a lot got out behind the paywall that was the Starcruiser, but with that now gone, would be nice to see some of those things come back in some form too
The whole Animation courtyard has to be bulldozed.

SpectreJordan

It wouldn’t really be that awkward to use the Pandora pad. It’s along the walkway to Africa and after the Pandoran landscape is gone and there’s just a wooden dock walkway.
Oh my bad, that makes a lot of sense. For some reason, I had imagined they'd access the pad behind Na'Vi River.
And if they did that, they could reuse the animatronics from Dinosaur for the headliner of the new dinosaur land!

They probably won't do that, though. After all, Disney doesn't have any popular dinosaur-related IPs...
Keep those ones in the back of wherever they're used though. They're on their last legs as is.

I'd say just tear it down & replace it with something new at this point. The entire Animation Courtyard could be used for a nice land. Get a D/E ticket, a flatride & a new show in there.

It's really crazy to me that they put two lands for mega-IPs in DHS & now they're apparently done with it for a decade+. The park could be Disney's answer to IOA if they finished it.

I think another reason Disney screwed up with putting Guardians in EPCOT is that it & a Dr Strange ride could've been the perfect anchors for a Marvel land in DHS. Two rides like that & a Marvel based show would've helped DHS a lot. Theme it to NYC & then have it segue into Muppets Courtyard, which I think also takes place in NYC?

UNCgolf

I think another reason Disney screwed up with putting Guardians in EPCOT is that it & a Dr Strange ride could've been the perfect anchors for a Marvel land in DHS. Two rides like that & a Marvel based show would've helped DHS a lot. Theme it to NYC & then have it segue into Muppets Courtyard, which I think also takes place in NYC?

This would have been 10000x better than Cosmic Rewind at EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom