News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

cookiee_munster

In the latest Disney Dish episode, Len Telsa mentioned that fans of The Boneyard should be excited about something yet to be announced. Any chance we could still be getting a play area for this land?
I think it'd be daft not to just repurpose the boneyard site as more of an archaeologist's dig site instead.

No disrespect to archaeologists or palaeontologists but it's kind of the same thing... ish... general "digging up stuff" 😅

Blobbles

@Moth is considered a trusty insider, aren't they?
I think moth wasn’t really saying it for sure WAS happening, just a possibility. Even then it was before we knew about monsters. The last few pages were just hypotheticals about “what if”. If anyone would have any updated information about that “zootopia or simpsons at DHS” talk I’d love to hear it though.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I think it'd be daft not to just repurpose the boneyard site as more of an archaeologist's dig site instead.

No disrespect to archaeologists or palaeontologists but it's kind of the same thing... ish... general "digging up stuff" 😅
Digging up human remains and artifacts would go against the central core theme of Disney *Animal* Kingdom, no?

Unless, perhaps, they were digging up remains of prehistoric zookeepers.

Karakasa

Animals factor heavily into mythology and folklore. If it's right by the temple, such a digsite could involve digging up artifacts depicting animals important to Mesoamerican cultures. Jaguars, quetzals, snakes, bats, etc. depicted as sculptures, on vases, and so on. Could even throw in a dinosaur fossil as an Easter egg; while they don't often work together, paleontologists and archaeologists will notify those in the other field if they find something relevant while excavating. But even without that, there's plenty to dig up in terms of animal art.

BrianLo

IMG_2205.jpeg

There would be some strong justification to rethink this general area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom