News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Question though, around when did DINOSAUR get its cult classic status?
When they announced its closure.

2019:
1726665140883.gif

Now:
1726665106818.gif

Sneaky

When they announced its closure.

2019:
View attachment 816334
Now:
View attachment 816333
Hot take: the case with maelstrom. WHO CARED about it until it was gone? Don’t even get me started on Ellen’s energy adventure. Anyone who says they genuinely was a big fan of it is a liar. It’s ok to be a fan of it post closure announcement, but don’t pretend you were always a fan.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
Us as fans always think our favorite thing is untouchable until it isn't. History has shown us again and again that no matter how we feel about a ride it doesn't matter. What we think is untouchable almost never is. They removed the signature attraction in the icon of DHS, Mr. Toads, 20k. Nothing has ever been untouchable and it never will.

Sneaky

Us as fans always think our favorite thing is untouchable until it isn't. History has shown us again and again that no matter how we feel about a ride it doesn't matter. What we think is untouchable almost never is. They removed the signature attraction in the icon of DHS, Mr. Toads, 20k. Nothing has ever been untouchable and it never will.
Ain’t that the truth. Two of my favorite attractions were OG Bears and Splash mountain. I thought “Blood on the saddle” would forever ring out through grizzly hall. I’m sad I was wrong. It’s a cannon event as a fan to lose one of your favorites. I am fully prepared to do it again as someone who also loves tower of terror and muppetvision 3.D.

At least my all time is space, one that will never go away fully. And it’s not like they’d close the PeopleMover

WorldExplorer

The normal act of being a fan is going on a ride and enjoying it. Of course people are going to be more vocal when it leaves; why do they need to be vocal BEFORE it leaves? They're just enjoying a ride. They might buy a shirt.

What performative rituals must be done in order to be considered a fan now?

The one thing i am sad about with dinorama is the destruction of the giant “cement-o-saurus”. I wish he couldve been put outside the gates as a sign. Maybe paint him green and put “disneys animal kingdom on the side of his body with the head sticking out?

At this point I just hope they have the decorum to not his decapitated body visible while they work.

At the entrance to a park with no dinosaurs?

They're not going to move him, but they've been doing this exact thing with a dragon and the unicorn lot for decades.

doctornick

Hot take: the case with maelstrom. WHO CARED about it until it was gone? Don’t even get me started on Ellen’s energy adventure. Anyone who says they genuinely was a big fan of it is a liar. It’s ok to be a fan of it post closure announcement, but don’t pretend you were always a fan.
I always loved Maelstrom. And I know my kids were really upset that “the ride with the trolls” was gone.

I was actually pretty surprised by the number of folks who seemed apathetic towards its closing. Most of the complaints were geared towards the appropriateness of Frozen as opposed to the big loss of Maelstrom.

Sneaky

I was actually pretty surprised by the number of folks who seemed apathetic towards its closing. Most of the complaints were geared towards the appropriateness of Frozen as opposed to the big loss of Maelstrom.
I’m not saying the people who loved maelstrom genuinely didn’t exist, just the amount of frozen people greatly outnumbered them.

rle4lunch

Is a shame it took that long, because dinosaur is a Bad ride.

fixed that for you. don't put lipstick on a dead luau pig. it once was great, but the lack thereof to keep it relevant and not looking dingy has been apparent for at least a decade. the word 'rad' captures the timeframe in when that word, and the ride, were any good.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
At this point I feel like Disney is playing a bit loose with “construction starting this fall.” We haven’t even seen the WDI trailers go up for this facility. If anything, those WDI trailers will go up this fall, but nothing in Dinoland will be touched until 2025. Just my prediction.

How would be know if the trailers are there or not?

Sneaky

fixed that for you. don't put lipstick on a dead luau pig. it once was great, but the lack thereof to keep it relevant and not looking dingy has been apparent for at least a decade. the word 'rad' captures the timeframe in when that word, and the ride, were any good.
I agree that dinosaur has been kinda limping along. While some closures of rides recently were 100% premature and those rides couldve lasted (COUGH COUGH GMR), sometimes it’s just time for a ride to go. Even if a ride is good, like DINOSAUR, it’s been kinda decaying, and it isn’t connecting with guests as much anymore. It had a good respectable run, it will be missed, but it’s time for a change. Even if it was to stay Dino themed, a massive overhaul still would’ve been needed. I still feel like dinosaurs could’ve worked at dak, but idk. I feel like even though we dislike change a lot as parks fans, i feel this category of closures in recent years is bigger than we’d like to acknowledge. Now replacements are a whole other category. The fact that it was time for a change could mean less if the change isn’t good.

rle4lunch

I agree that dinosaur has been kinda limping along. While some closures of rides recently were 100% premature and those rides couldve lasted (COUGH COUGH GMR), sometimes it’s just time for a ride to go. Even if a ride is good, like DINOSAUR, it’s been kinda decaying, and it isn’t connecting with guests as much anymore. It had a good respectable run, it will be missed, but it’s time for a change. Even if it was to stay Dino themed, a massive overhaul still would’ve been needed. I still feel like dinosaurs could’ve worked at dak, but idk. I feel like even though we dislike change a lot as parks fans, i feel this category of closures in recent years is bigger than we’d like to acknowledge. Now replacements are a whole other category. The fact that it was time for a change could mean less if the change isn’t good.
I think the biggest disappointment I had with DINO was when I eventually got to ride Indy at DL (I had ridden DINO first, before my first visit to DL). From that point on, every time I rode DINO all I felt was how many opportunities WDO missed when developing essentially the same exact ride system/track. There's ZERO fun felt on DINO in comparison to Indy, no matter how far they crank up the soundtrack (last few times riding DINO it's been excruciatingly loud). All I feel, is, well, nothing. To date, I've road both Indy and DINO a lot, but Indy still has the kinetic fun, frantic pace and good set pieces (when it's not in B mode). On DINO, it's like, ooohhh, look, a vegetarian dino... oooh no,,,, the pterodactyl is gonna get us.... ooohh, no,,, not our dinosaur... picture time with the carnotaurus... now let's scurry before the asteroid hits.. it's all so blasé

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom