News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

MLevell

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $786,635,413 - 2nd Highest Grossing Film of 2008

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - $474,171,806 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1989

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - $383,963,057 - 16th Highest Grossing Film of 2023

(Indiana Jones and the) Raiders of the Lost Ark -$367,451,914 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1981

Dinosaur - $356,148,063 - 5th Highest Grossing Film of 2000

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - $333,080,271 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1984

Encanto - $231,154,990 - 16th Highest Grossing Film of 2021

Last edited:

MickeyMouse10

Hopefully they change the name to South America, to go with the continents theming they have with Africa and Asia. Plus I really dislike the name Tropical America. It doesn't clearly say what it is and it sounds like a generic, lame name.

Quietmouse

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $786,635,413 - 2nd Highest Grossing Film of 2008

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - $474,171,806 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1989

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny - $383,963,057 - 16th Highest Grossing Film of 2023

(Indiana Jones and the) Raiders of the Lost Ark -$367,451,914 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1981

Dinosaur - $356,148,063 - 5th Highest Grossing Film of 2000

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - $333,080,271 - 1st Highest Grossing Film of 1984

Encanto - $231,154,990 - 16th Highest Grossing Film of 2021

Was anyone going to the theaters in 2021 with COVID scares floating around ?

rd805

Hopefully they change the name to South America, to go with the continents theming they have with Africa and Asia. Plus I really dislike the name Tropical America. It doesn't clearly say what it is and it sounds like a generic, lame name.
Tropical America's allows them to include a broader range of destinations from Central America, even Mexico, and all of South America. (perhaps even some island feels like in the Caribbean). I honestly don't hate the name 'Tropical Americas', it serves a purpose here.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
...Encanto - $231,154,990 - 16th Highest Grossing Film of 2021

I can't stand Encanto. The songs suck from it and the characters move around too much. Just like in the other terrible movie Turning Red.

Oscar for Best Animated Feature.

Grammy Awards
Best Score Soundtrack,​
Best Compilation Soundtrack,​
and Best Song ("We Don't Talk About Bruno")​

Billboard 200
Top album for 9 weeks​
Bruno: Top 100 for 5 weeks​
Several of the other songs in the top 100 for over two months​

29 Billion minutes streamed on D+ (and that's counting only when it was in the top ten list)

And of course it is missing a major villain and a love interest for the main character.
And that's why Mary Poppins is one of the worst movies... ever!

MickeyMouse10

Oscar for Best Animated Feature.

Grammy Awards
Best Score Soundtrack,​
Best Compilation Soundtrack,​
and Best Song ("We Don't Talk About Bruno")​

Billboard 200
Top album for 9 weeks​
Bruno: Top 100 for 5 weeks​
Several of the other songs in the top 100 for over two months​

29 Billion minutes streamed on D+ (and that's counting only when it was in the top ten list)

And that's why Mary Poppins is one of the worst movies... ever!

We're living in a time where bad tv shows (the Watchmen and Lovecraft Country) and bad movies (Soul) win awards because of diversity.

Professortango1

We're living in a time where bad tv shows (the Watchmen and Lovecraft Country) and bad movies (Soul) win awards because of diversity.
The Watchmen was fantastic! Lovecraft Country was definitely uneven, but the book isn't that great either. I will say that Turning Red was one of Pixar's best in recent years. As for Encanto, the music is catchy but the lyrics are pretty bad and the movie's plot is a bit clunky. The main character is the reason why the movie is watchable for me, but nowhere near a Moana or Tangled in terms of recent Disney animated films.

Starship824

In the Parks
No
... And before you blame Covid for it's dismal box office.

... Spiderman: No Way Home came out less than a month later.
Spider-Man was so obviously the exception to this rule. Please stop trying to spin this false narrative that Encanto is a flop when in every metric aside from box office it was a massive success. You don't have to like it but to try to make these convoluted arguments that it was a flop is just weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom