News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

MerlinTheGoat

I’d love to have a price comparison chart of a MMRR AA, Frozen Ever After Elsa AA, and a TBA Louis AA.
I would hope MMRR's figures didn't cost obscene amounts. I don't even know if they'd qualify as AA's, they're largely just bobble heads with a face projection. Daisy is more of a genuine AA than the rest, and even her movements aren't particularly complex (and her eyes are again video).

Epcot's Frozen AA's would presumably cost far less up-front to build than an A1000. But from what the imagineers working on the Hong Kong version said, the maintenance costs on the faces were unexpectedly higher than physical faces. And supposedly negated any money that was initially saved at the beginning.

Last edited:

FigmentFan82

I'm still hearing that Encanto will float, FWIW. Earlier indications were omni, but this has been consistent for a while now.

Never heard of serious work on trackless for it.
Man, Mystic Manor was right there - a clone reskin that would be the perfect fit - current popular IP that involved a living house and magic!!!!

Disney really do be dumb.

SplashJacket

Man, Mystic Manor was right there - a clone reskin that would be the perfect fit - current popular IP that involved a living house and magic!!!!

Disney really do be dumb.
Encanto wouldn’t work at all as a reskinned clone of Mystic Manor. A similar style ride that captures the same magic/exploration of Mystic Manor would be fantastic, but a 1:1 clone would set it up for failure.

FigmentFan82

Encanto wouldn’t work at all as a reskinned clone of Mystic Manor. A similar style ride that captures the same magic/exploration of Mystic Manor would be fantastic, but a 1:1 clone would set it up for failure.
Didn't say 1:1
Took my comment far too literal. TT and RSR are essentially clones, but very different in their own ways.

RSoxNo1

Pandoras was what - $500 million? Not exactly apples to apples here, but that’s the same rumored cost as Cosmic Rewind.

I can see 500 million being more realistic for the project, even if there has to be a new show building. I know a lot of it depends on what actually had to be done to the inside of buildings, tracks, queue space, show elements, etc.

I guess a lot of it has to do with exactly what type of attractions are being built.
The number that was floated around on Cosmic Rewind was $450, I suspect that also included canal work, but the price was obscenely high.

Bocabear

Guardians price was high, and I feel like they spent a lot on trying to make it feel like a pavilion instead of just another ride... That said, I think it is absolutely the best coaster experience at any of the Disney theme parks. Re-ridable, lots of fun... It is a winner... Perhaps it would have been a better fit in DHS...but it is a solid, excellent attraction

ToTBellHop

Guardians price was high, and I feel like they spent a lot on trying to make it feel like a pavilion instead of just another ride... That said, I think it is absolutely the best coaster experience at any of the Disney theme parks. Re-ridable, lots of fun... It is a winner... Perhaps it would have been a better fit in DHS...but it is a solid, excellent attraction
Agreed. Sometimes we fixate on cost a bit more than we should. They can obviously afford it. Guardians is probably my family’s favorite WDW addition from the last 5 years and they’ve opened quite a few rides in that interval.

flyerjab

Agreed. Sometimes we fixate on cost a bit more than we should. They can obviously afford it. Guardians is probably my family’s favorite WDW addition from the last 5 years and they’ve opened quite a few rides in that interval.
Guardians is the type of high caliber experience that draws people into a park.

From the previous decade-plus, Flight of Passage and Pandora are at the top of my list of additions. I’m still amazed at how Rohde made that IP fit into that park along with the creative brilliance of the headliner attraction. But Guardians is right behind at number 2 for me. The raw flood of adrenaline I get on that ride each and every time is incredible. Is it worth half a billion dollars? That will always be debatable. But the ride itself is fantastic, and scoring Everybody Wants to Rule the World is the chef’s kiss.

Bocabear

Guardians is the type of high caliber experience that draws people into a park.

From the previous decade-plus, Flight of Passage and Pandora are at the top of my list of additions. I’m still amazed at how Rohde made that IP fit into that park along with the creative brilliance of the headliner attraction. But Guardians is right behind at number 2 for me. The raw flood of adrenaline I get on that ride each and every time is incredible. Is it worth half a billion dollars? That will always be debatable. But the ride itself is fantastic, and scoring Everybody Wants to Rule the World is the chef’s kiss.
I think we had Blondie's One Way Or Another....Which I liked the best of the songs I have heard on it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom