News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Starship824

In the Parks
No
If it is true that there won't be animals that is very disappointing considering a lot of the insiders on here we're indicating there would be. I also know it was being brought up on Disney Dish.

the_rich

Many won’t agree with me here but this is starting to smack of low confidence by the company. I don’t mind concept art, especially like the art that shows the distant layout of an expansion (or in this case, a redo). In my opinion, this is starting to fall in line with the “thus is what we could do” presentations by Josh. Or, maybe the early feedback on TBA is giving them pause.

It just seems like they have simply become so risk averse that that they have to show D23 crowds some art work and wait to read reactions. Or they put out concept art way before they’ve started any sort of site prep.

This makes me think of Iger and his turbo charging of the parks. “We have so many stories and IP…but we need to show you everything to get your opinion before we do anything…and we can only use IP…and only popular IP as found on Disney+ via ratings…and god forbid we let WDI stretch its wings and do something truly original…blah, blah, blah.”

I was so excited when some of these rumors started to seem like they were coming true. Now I’m not so sure. Hoping D23 allays some of my fears.
I mean the insiders say this is happening. Obviously things can change but I'm excited about this project.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Many won’t agree with me here but this is starting to smack of low confidence by the company. I don’t mind concept art, especially like the art that shows the distant layout of an expansion (or in this case, a redo). In my opinion, this is starting to fall in line with the “thus is what we could do” presentations by Josh. Or, maybe the early feedback on TBA is giving them pause.

It just seems like they have simply become so risk averse that that they have to show D23 crowds some art work and wait to read reactions. Or they put out concept art way before they’ve started any sort of site prep.

This makes me think of Iger and his turbo charging of the parks. “We have so many stories and IP…but we need to show you everything to get your opinion before we do anything…and we can only use IP…and only popular IP as found on Disney+ via ratings…and god forbid we let WDI stretch its wings and do something truly original…blah, blah, blah.”

I was so excited when some of these rumors started to seem like they were coming true. Now I’m not so sure. Hoping D23 allays some of my fears.

I have a feeling they're leaking it now due to some other possible bad press of a new attraction that's getting low preview scores from people who watch only attraction videos and form their opinions ;)

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Quite interesting that less than one day after a major news publication calls for D'Amaro's ousting and the negative TBA response that we magically get new concept art "leaked" out for this new project...
squirrel GIF

eddie104

Loving the concept art and also I think the no animal thing needs its own discussion because the logistics of getting animals into the park is probably not easy and somewhat controversial with some groups.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'm still confused as to why they are putting Indiana Jones in AK
Disney hasn't said *why*.

Consensus amongst us as to why is that the whole DinoRama area has to go because the (now removed) coaster and environs were poorly received. And as much as some loved DINOSAUR, others... not so much. Especially with how rough and jerky the ride is.

It seems Disney will not double down on dinosaur theming any more. Its two dinosaur movies didn't do too well. That realm is being ceded to Universal.

The retheme is Indy because despite the more recent movies, he's still a popular IP. And the ride system of DINOSAUR is nearly the same as the Indy ride in Disneyland.

According to insiders, the Indy retheme will tell a new story that meshes with DAK.

And a Tropical Americas adventure will fit that retheme and Encanto (and maybe a Coco carousel).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No animals makes me sad… and bye bye gator? 🐊 💔

If it is true that there won't be animals that is very disappointing considering a lot of the insiders on here we're indicating there would be. I also know it was being brought up on Disney Dish.

1717466216879.png

1717466250198.png

By saying *originally* no animals implies that *now* there will be. And some of our insiders have said DAK is leaning in that direction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom