News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Timothy_Q

I love this

1717467084830.png

1717467094037.png

1717467133773.png

ToTBellHop

AFAIK there will be animals in the land. How many and whether there are new-to-DAK species is a different question. I believe we will get at least one new species. It’s a pretty easy bone to throw to the fans who want it to actually fit in DAK. Highly doubt any big cats. They’d want an exhibit at least as big as San Diego Zoo’s, which is not small.

Last edited:

dreamfinding

I would hope they think long and hard about their Indiana Jones reskin and make SURE SURE SURE it's an upgrade to the extremely high quality (but in disrepair) attraction they are replacing. I think they can see why that might be an important thing to do.
Especially considering what is happening down the road in mk…

Surferboy567

AFAIK there will be animals in the land. How many and whether there are new-to-DAK species is a different question. I believe we will get at least one new species. It’s a pretty easy bone to throw to the fans who want it to actually fit in DAK. Highly doubt any big cats. They’d want an exhibit at least as big as San Diego Zoo’s, which is not small.
If the rumors about Lion King are true we would probably see big cats around there I’d assume right? Lions, Tigers, etc. Snakes are the obvious one here along with jaguars, parrots, which Antonio rides and befriends.

Karakasa

Well, went to AK to say my goodbye to Dinosaur. Rode a few times, even said goodbye to each of the AAs last time around. Hope my fellow riders didn't hear me, haha. Sad to hear the croc is leaving too, he's apparently an old boy, hope he lives a comfy rest of his years. Also explored the Boneyard for the first time since I was a little kid, and you know, it's a really cool playground.

I will say while I was there I noticed there was a photo op out front of AK with Antonio and some animals from Encanto as part of the 'picture frame' that's there. So, soft confirmation the ride is gonna be about his room's realm? Definitely fits AK more than being about Casita as a whole.

And yeah, no way we're getting jaguars, as awesome it'd be. For jaguars in particular, you'd want to make sure they have plenty of ground AND arboreal/elevated space to move around. Capybaras and snakes are an easy enough upgrade from no-exhibit to an-exhibit, and the parrots aren't stationary at AK anyway, but jaguars and other big cats you need to actively plan the land around, to an extent.

One thing I'm curious about is what's going to happen to the cast of Dino-Sue on display. Disney invested a lot into getting that, IIRC, and unlike the animatronics, just destroying it or letting it rot in storage would look really, really bad. Is there anywhere she could possibly get moved, or is donation to a museum more likely?

C33Mom

If the rumors about Lion King are true we would probably see big cats around there I’d assume right? Lions, Tigers, etc. Snakes are the obvious one here along with jaguars, parrots, which Antonio rides and befriends.
Despite what you may see on reality tv like Tiger King, it’s extremely difficult and expensive to legally acquire (and insure!) lions and tigers, to say nothing of the animal rights activists giving Disney grief about it. I would love more big cats in AK as much as the next person, but I seriously doubt we’re getting more of them (they already exist in the Kilimanjaro Safari enclosures).

I also assume they want to keep their high maintenance animals towards the back of the park— IIRC, there aren’t too many animals over by Dinoland— perhaps proximity to parking lots, trams, screams of tourists on Everest?

Advisable Joseph

Don't want to raise any hopes, but it seems the animal care team thinks jaguars could work, if you read the tweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom