News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

UNCgolf

Of course, a 90-minute wait keeps guests off walkways longer than a 30-minute wait and allows Genie prices to rise. Yay………

I do think the Indy ride will be an improvement over Dinosaur as it currently exists, but it's not going to have any significant effect on park capacity.

Encanto should, though, even if you compare it to an operating Primeval Whirl (as opposed to the empty space that's there now).

UNCgolf

Personally I’m not excited about the IP additions, though Indy would be nice (albeit similar to the existing EMV versions). DAK is getting one new attraction which could be enjoyable depending on budget. So long as It’s not another Na’vi.

I think Na'vi is one of the best rides they've built in the past 15 or so years (I like it more than TRON, Guardians, anything at TSL/NFL, FEA, MMRR, Ratatouille, Smuggler's Run...), so I'd be happy with something else along those lines! As long as it wasn't intended as a D or E ticket, at least. An E ticket version of NRJ would be amazing, but it would need to be at least twice as long and with numerous AAs. I also realize my enjoyment of NRJ is a minority opinion, at least around here.

I'm not in love with the IP additions in general either (especially at DAK), but I know there's no option for anything else, so I'm trying to ignore that aspect as much as I can.

What about the potential MK additions?

MagicHappens1971

I'm getting old. How many years is this going to take? 😂
Well granted that Disney hasn’t even announced anything, it’s hard to tell. I wouldn’t expect anything to open until 2027 at the earliest. Fall 2026 at the absolute earliest if they really put the pedal to the metal. These are just my opinions and we should probably learn more this August @ D23

Bill Cipher

In the Parks
Yes
I think Na'vi is one of the best rides they've built in the past 15 or so years (I like it more than TRON, Guardians, anything at TSL/NFL, FEA, MMRR, Ratatouille, Smuggler's Run...), so I'd be happy with something else along those lines! As long as it wasn't intended as a D or E ticket, at least. An E ticket version of NRJ would be amazing, but it would need to be at least twice as long and with numerous AAs. I also realize my enjoyment of NRJ is a minority opinion, at least around here.

I'm not in love with the IP additions in general either (especially at DAK), but I know there's no option for anything else, so I'm trying to ignore that aspect as much as I can.

What about the potential MK additions?
I also love Na'vi, I just don't love waiting more than 30 minutes for it. Hopefully new stuff on the other side of the park will drive it down a bit.

UNCgolf

I also love Na'vi, I just don't love waiting more than 30 minutes for it. Hopefully new stuff on the other side of the park will drive it down a bit.

It's certainly not a 60+ minute wait kind of ride, but that's more a problem of the park's overall capacity than any issues with the quality of the ride itself (not to suggest it's a perfect attraction, but it does an excellent job transporting the ride to an alien jungle at night).

pigglewiggle

Well granted that Disney hasn’t even announced anything, it’s hard to tell. I wouldn’t expect anything to open until 2027 at the earliest. Fall 2026 at the absolute earliest if they really put the pedal to the metal. These are just my opinions and we should probably learn more this August @ D23

Okay, I can handle that. Hopefully my body can too. 😄

DisneyDean97

It's certainly not a 60+ minute wait kind of ride, but that's more a problem of the park's overall capacity than any issues with the quality of the ride itself.
Exactly, Na'vi works as a filler, but since the park has so few attractions, its not treated as say, the little mermaid in the Magic Kingdom. AK needs more C/D tickets. From what I'm hearing, Encanto won't be an E-Ticket, so that's actually good news for the parks capacity.

James Alucobond

Exactly, Na'vi works as a filler, but since the park has so few attractions, its not treated as say, the little mermaid in the Magic Kingdom. AK needs more C/D tickets. From what I'm hearing, Encanto won't be an E-Ticket, so that's actually good news for the parks capacity.
It’s the 2-ride land problem. This land desperately needs a third ride to absorb the overflow from Flight of Passage’s sometimes multi-hour waits. It’s the only other thing there without trekking across the park, so it’s overstressed due to people either waiting for or balking at FoP.

DisneyDean97

It’s the 2-ride land problem. This land desperately needs a third ride to absorb the overflow from Flight of Passage’s sometimes multi-hour waits. It’s the only other thing there without trekking across the park, so it’s overstressed due to people either waiting for or balking at FoP.
That walkthrough attraction for Pandora would have helped

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom