News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

FutureCEO

Indy - South America is a stretch. That's the movie everyone didn't like compared to the others plus there is really no animals in the movie (unless you count bugs and stuff)

Encanto - that one scene in the movie I assume is what they are after

Coco - I'm assuming the dogs and the gyphron in the movie. Though I hope it's not quite as colorful (the two animals) as the movie.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Indy - South America is a stretch. That's the movie everyone didn't like compared to the others plus there is really no animals in the movie (unless you count bugs and stuff)

Coco - I'm assuming the dogs and the gyphron in the movie. Though I hope it's not quite as colorful (the two animals) as the movie.
Encanto and Coco is something they want in the parks for more culture representation. Think of all the other popular Disney movies without any attraction that might be as or more popular.

Marc Davis Fan

It works great at DisneySea (Mayan temple and all). And it was built before that movie and has no connection thereto. In fact, neither Indy ride is based on a movie, so this doesn’t have to be, either. But there are ancient Mayan temples related to reverence for animals, etc.

flyerjab

Keep in mind that all the attractions that are adding also won't be impacted for weather since they're covered or indoors. Which also helps capacity.
Man I can’t keep up with the posts in this thread lol. Just wanted to add I agree with this post and the other posts regarding improving attractions.

As much as people on the boards loved the dinosaur area of the park, refurbing Dinosaur to Indy with modern day theming and effects, as well as adding an Encanto dark ride and a Coco-themed area will without a doubt increase capacity at this park. Use of popular IP within DAK will help will help drive attendance.

For now, all three rides are indoor or covered, something else this park desperately needs. And don’t forget, several people have indicated that another big ride is slated for this park. And I am betting on another stab at a night time show when this land debuts (if not before).

Overall, this refurb/expansion will also hopefully make this a full day park again 😊

doctornick

If your current ride is consuming 100 guests an hour and your new ride is going to consume 300 guests an hour, it's expansion.

When it comes to Dinosaur at least, that ride is already fully utilized. It's not like it is ever really walk-on and has empty unused seats. At most, you could argue that a more popular IJA would have more guests occupied in the queue but that's not an expansion.

MR.Dis

Now subtract the hit Animal Kingdom is going to take for 4-5 years with the entire dinoland area and attractions closed
Not much, only one attraction--LOL. However, Countdown to Extinction need not be interrupted while developing since the work could be walled off from Countdown. The track system of Countdown is the same as the Indy ride in Disneyland (even the costumes the cast members are the same-or were a few years ago). That is why it has often been rumored that Countdown would be changed over to Indy.

ToTBellHop

Not much, only one attraction--LOL. However, Countdown to Extinction need not be interrupted while developing since the work could be walled off from Countdown. The track system of Countdown is the same as the Indy ride in Disneyland (even the costumes the cast members are the same-or were a few years ago). That is why it has often been rumored that Countdown would be changed over to Indy.
AFAIK, they would close all of Dinoland at once. It could theoretically reopen in phases if they want.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Depends on how they do this plus they plan to redo it’s a bugs life. Another attraction. They can’t afford to be down any when they need so many more now

UNCgolf

Yes. But there will also be an actual ride count increase at DAK, DHS, and MK. Meanwhile all we can afford at Epcot is to let GM redo a ride.

And EPCOT is the park that would benefit the most from re-doing existing attractions.

Unfortunately Test Track isn't one of the ones that will see much (if any) benefit, even if the new version is better.

UNCgolf

The opening scenes in Raiders are also in South America, but an Indy ride doesn't need to be specifically connected to one of the movies anyways (and the existing ones aren't).

Rosso11

I think you are forgetting the opening of Raiders where we are first introduced to Indy for the very first time and one of the most iconic scenes in film history takes place in South America. Specifically Peru.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom