News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

999th Happy Haunt

Yeah, but the star in EE is (or was) the Yeti. An animal, albeit a mythical one. Again, what does Indy have to do with animals?

Come on, Indy's going in DAK because Iger doesn't give a damn about logic or themeing. He's gonna stick one of his acquisitions in DAK whether it makes sense or not. Oh well, at least the Indy fanboys (what's left of them, after that horrendous film) will be happy...
Aren’t you a supporter of Zootopia in AK

IveBeenJack

They once aspired to put one within the SDD footprint that would interact with SDD. With the way the land is laid out now, I’m not sure it’s still feasible. Probably easier to toss something in Animation Courtyard, especially whenever Launch Bay goes.
Just throwing this out there as something I toyed around with last year, this is how they could put Triceratops Spin in Toy Story Land. But it would require the characters to enter between back of Walt Disney Presents and Roundup Rodeo BBQ instead. Also with the spinner being that close to the fence, it would give me Aladdin spinner in Paris vibes 😂 But it would be cool to have the kinetics of the spinner and SDD work together.

Attachments

• IMG_0758.jpeg
    IMG_0758.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 130

doctornick

So a couple of things in this thread were ideas we discussed in a 10 year DAK buildout. The Triceratop Spin to move to Toy Story Land is such a no brainer if the ride is being removed from DAK. The other idea I had was a Oaxacan animal carousel for Discovery Island along the water near Flame Tree BBQ. If that's part of Tropical Americas, I'd be ok with that.

I think they could fit a spinner between Slinky and the restaurant.

View attachment 776997

Honestly, I'd be fine if they just did an exact close of the Jessie carousel (from DCA) in that location. That's an even smaller footprint than a spinner like TS and would be simple to clone.

Yellow Strap

Yeah, but the star in EE is (or was) the Yeti. An animal, albeit a mythical one. Again, what does Indy have to do with animals?

Come on, Indy's going in DAK because Iger doesn't give a damn about logic or themeing. He's gonna stick one of his acquisitions in DAK whether it makes sense or not. Oh well, at least the Indy fanboys (what's left of them, after that horrendous film) will be happy...
The culture and region also matter in the vision of the park...And that part can take center stage in an attraction.
Kali River Rapids for instance, has no direct animal connection. And that was a Day One attraction at AK.

Indy's ride may have to do with a mythological creature from the region or have animals featured in the ride, we will see.
But it will center on the culture of the area.

ToTBellHop

I also can't believe that it seems like the Boneyard is going away even though it is awesome and can easily be (minimally) re-themed to an archeological concept.
They are progressively abandoning large playscapes that must be staffed to prevent dangerous behavior. It’s unfortunate but too many parents do not parent their children. A carousel is safer. I used to hate taking my kids to playgrounds because of the other kids.

LSLS

It's sad how low my optimism is (and probably speaks alot about myself). My hopes are just super low for this melding together (and again, full admit I didn't like Encanto, so that will be some bias), and it feels like we will once again be a net negative for rides when all is said and done. I may not have liked how dino was executed, but it had a ride, a coaster, a spinner, and a playground. Right now it feels like the replacement will be two rides and a carrousel.

I know, wait til the announcement and the finished product to judge, but I feel I kind of am. I'm not saying it's terrible, and not saying this is incredible, just that this is really doing nothing for me. In other words, it doesn't feel like a slam dunk fit for me into the park, and I just can't give the benefit of the doubt at this point personally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom