News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Where?

Not saying you're wrong -- I'm just curious where one would fit. I have trouble seeing anywhere one could go when looking at an aerial beyond just dropping it into the middle of the sole pathway, which doesn't seem realistic.

I think they could have put something under the Slinky footprint (and they should have) but that would be pretty tough to do now.
They once aspired to put one within the SDD footprint that would interact with SDD. With the way the land is laid out now, I’m not sure it’s still feasible. Probably easier to toss something in Animation Courtyard, especially whenever Launch Bay goes.

UNCgolf

They once aspired to put one within the SDD footprint that would interact with SDD. With the way the land is laid out now, I’m not sure it’s still feasible. Probably easier to toss something in Animation Courtyard, especially whenever Launch Bay goes.

They definitely should have done that -- the SDD footprint is a really poor use of space for what it provides.

Yellow Strap

How do you figure that? What does Indiana Jones have to do with animals, aside from his fear of snakes?
His connection would be via the culture and history of the region and preserving it. That is part of Joe Rohde's AK mission.
Thats why a ride about adventurers investigating the Yeti exists in Asia. It celebrates the mythology and culture of the region.

James Alucobond

Yeah, we all know that in modern Disney parks a land should only have 2 rides!!!!

;)
If they’re splitting development between something in Adventureland and some stuff beyond Big Thunder as has been suggested, then Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and whatever is new (Moana?) could more than support the land, especially with Tiki Room and Treehouse to help. Meanwhile, a larger Coco attraction with a re-purposed spinner and restaurant would be a still-decent scaled back tack-on behind Big Thunder to transition to the villain area.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
How do you figure that? What does Indiana Jones have to do with animals, aside from his fear of snakes?

Ditto with Encanto. The only connection with animals is the one kid who can talk to them. Big deal.

Zootopia would make much more sense than either of those choices. And they are dumb choices. Very dumb.

Beastly Kingdomme would be the best choice of all, but yeah...we ain't getting that.
You need to watch Indiana Jones movies to find out why it would work.

yensidtlaw1969

But the interior of the attraction itself (after the queue) is going to pretty much be a clone of Disneyland, right? Which was honestly, when we rode it, pretty meh, with half the effects in the queue broken or roped-off for repairs, and special effects like fog turned off in the ride itself, which meant we basically drove through a big open warehouse in which we could see most of the track, and into most of the side "rooms," the second our vehicle entered. I'd heard so many great things about it, and it turned out to be a huge letdown. If WDW is building something similar, I have no confidence in their ability to keep it running smoothly for long.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree, and this is expected to be an original, bespoke Indy attraction? In which case, I retract my trepidation.
Original, bespoke Indy attraction.

Created with Animals fully in mind, thankfully.

Magenta Panther

His connection would be via the culture and history of the region and preserving it. That is part of Joe Rohde's AK mission.
Thats why a ride about adventurers investigating the Yeti exists in Asia. It celebrates their mythology and culture of the region.
Yeah, but the star in EE is (or was) the Yeti. An animal, albeit a mythical one. Again, what does Indy have to do with animals?

Come on, Indy's going in DAK because Iger doesn't give a damn about logic or themeing. He's gonna stick one of his acquisitions in DAK whether it makes sense or not. Oh well, at least the Indy fanboys (what's left of them, after that horrendous film) will be happy...

RSoxNo1

I’ve heard tale that the carousel is Coco themed.
View attachment 776991
So a couple of things in this thread were ideas we discussed in a 10 year DAK buildout. The Triceratop Spin to move to Toy Story Land is such a no brainer if the ride is being removed from DAK. The other idea I had was a Oaxacan animal carousel for Discovery Island along the water near Flame Tree BBQ. If that's part of Tropical Americas, I'd be ok with that.

It was built with a space for another flat ride that was cut. But access would be tricky, now.

Where?

Not saying you're wrong -- I'm just curious where one would fit. I have trouble seeing anywhere one could go when looking at an aerial beyond just dropping it into the middle of the sole pathway, which doesn't seem realistic.

I think they could have put something in the Slinky footprint (and they should have) but that would be pretty tough to do now.

I think they could fit a spinner between Slinky and the restaurant.

spinner.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom