News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
But, it makes sense to start here and actually open something this decade.
Frustrated World Cup GIF

yensidtlaw1969

Honestly, I value all the information you provide, but you should stop taking any commentary or questioning of your information personally, because it isn’t.
Yeah that's not what I was doing.

I don’t think I’ve ever responded with any personal commentary towards you. (And if I did that was wrong of me)
Interesting.

Apologies without self-reflection tend just to be words. Not that I'm seeking an apology. Maybe just take some stock of your demeanor.

jeanericuser001

Encanto will be a show. They are taking the same approach they did with the lion king. Test it on a small scale to see if audiences like it. If it works then they go full scale. If they do not then they will keep it small scale and likely stick it in the old finding nemo attraction at AK.

As for indiana jones, my guess is they will repurpose the existing track technology and create a new more up to date version. It will likely be a hybrid of the california version, skull island, and the great movie ride. If my suspicions are correct this will likely have a very large intricate que area featuring an outdoor que, temple que, and finally a dig site loading area similar to skull island. What ever the case they are likely gonna try to make this as large as possible as AK needs a huge ride that can absorbe the massive amounts of crowds. A huge que followed by a ride with moderate capacity would make for a decent addition. Besides dinosaur at this point is just not absorbing as much crowd traffic as it use to. A large ride that can hold a few hundred people will cut back on lines in other attractions thus lowering wait times a bit.

What I am curious about is if they intend to place in a new restaurant. An indiana jones themed restaurant with all kinds of different props from indiana jones adventures might actually make for a good place to eat while looking for interesting easter eggs. This is only theory at this point but disney by that time will lead a new place and a themed restaurant always brings in the crowds.

As for time line, I have this on a 5 year release with a new one each year with the exception of indiana jones ride. Zootopia 2025, Encanto 2026, Indiana jones resturant? 2027, and Indiana jones ride 2028. By this time the stink of that last indiana jones movie will have subsided and disney will have plenty of time to hype train the ride as they did avatar. By then also Epic Universe will have satisfied people for a while so they will ready to see what disney wants to do in response.

monothingie

Too bad, sugar puff. We could have been something.
Premium Member
You joke, but DAK will be the far easiest to add capacity and add draws between the four existing parks.
Absolutely. It’s a shame that it’s taken so long to give the park a major overhaul to follow up on Pandora. But a potential new E-Ticket would be big news. Although not everything has to be a thrill ride and crowd devouring Omni mover or something that focused on the zoological aspects of the park would also be just as fantastic.
Dinoland was the only area that needed attention.

Afterwards, they have several opportunities for easy expansion with minimal overhead/retrofits.
For sure just hopefully they plan it wisely with thought to the future.

So with additional experiences potentially coming to DAK would that require any expansion of the bus terminals or to make room for adding the skyliner? Or can the current infrastructure handle the expected crowds?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Look at all that capacity expansion…
I'm sure the Encanto attraction will have a higher capacity than Countdown and all those carnival booths combined.

It's not *a lot* more, but it's very likely to be more.

I'm looking forward to the Indy retheme to hopefully smooth out the lateral jerkiness of the RVs. I don't do DINOSAUR any more because it's just a horrible physical experience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Totally missed this one. Up until recently SFWMD permits were filed by RCID. I assumed they would switch to CFTOD so I have also been searching that. This permit was filed directly by Disney so I didn't find it in my searches.
Don't sweat it, you still have thousands of Skyliner credits left!

;)

Interesting that Disney itself made the application. Probably part of the RCID contract stipulations signing over these types of duties to Disney rather than rely on the reformed District.

Teddybearre

Hey everyone, my name is Teddy, I use any pronouns, and I’m from Richmond, Virginia 💜 This is my first post on this site so I wanted to introduce myself

I’ve read a few of the more recent messages, and I definitely do not think Encanto will be wasted on a show. I don’t see why they’d spend so much time, labor, and money just for something that would be “testing the waters.” I feel like they’ve already done that enough with the Mirabel meet and greets and merch sales, and even if they were to test it with a show, they would’ve done a cheap temporary show already in the vein of the Frozen sing-a-long. It’s definitely gonna be either a trackless dark ride or a boat ride, especially if they want something that eats up capacity

Surferboy567

I believe there is more to it than just the Dinoland replacement. There's a new e-ticket in the works elsewhere at DAK.
Avatar is an excellent franchise and has a lot of great options for an attraction. I think a skimwing/ilu attraction would work very well.

A brand new Indiana Jones Adventure quality attraction also has the opportunity to be incredible that IP has a lot of untapped potential in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom