News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

I guess it would be wishful thinking that they could build the Encanto ride while leaving Dino running. Then redo Dino once Encanto is done.

DAK is already lacking in attractions, taking out an entire land would make for a couple of tough years.

Definitely this. They should be building Encanto first and quickly and ideally would finish that and open it before taking anything else off line. The park really can't handle losing all of Dinoland USA at once.

It would also be ideal if they could add another ride elsewhere first - like some have said, maybe the Lion King ride they are considering for Paris or a third attraction in Pandora.

Magicart87

HOUSE OF MAGIC Member
Premium Member
I’ve heard Encanto but I could have misheard that.
1000000761.jpg

Donkey Rides?

James Alucobond

So I’m guessing that Encanto here would mean no Encanto at MK? Also, they wouldn’t build a TC if it wasn’t a big project?
Encanto's likely been out of the MK plans for a while, and that's kind of a good thing. I just hope that means they're doubling down on a more suitable southwestern-Mexican transitional area that complements Thunder Mountain rather than some of the frankly horrifying options that have been suggested as neighbors to Villainland.

doctornick

I can’t wait to read all of the presumptive anger on what they will be building and the consequential anger when the product is built but not up to the basement dweller’s expectations.

I will presumptively say this... replacing Dinoland USA with "Tropical Americas" is not what the park needs. Yes, adding a ride to replace PW's footprint is good. But DAK really needs additions not replacements. They should build an entirely new land or add rides to multiple existing lands first before they shut down Dinoland USA.

DAK needs additional capacity. It's frustrating that we are likely only getting replacements for rides that already exist (or have existed in the recent past with PW).

DisneyDodo

I will presumptively say this... replacing Dinoland USA with "Tropical Americas" is not what the park needs. Yes, adding a ride to replace PW's footprint is good. But DAK really needs additions not replacements. They should build an entirely new land or add rides to multiple existing lands first before they shut down Dinoland USA.

DAK needs additional capacity. It's frustrating that we are likely only getting replacements for rides that already exist (or have existed in the recent past with PW).
I would love to see them add more in addition to this, but PW is a sunk cost at this point. A replacement for PW adds just as much capacity relative to where we are today as a (comparable) new addition somewhere else would.

doctornick

I would love to see them add more in addition to this, but PW is a sunk cost at this point. A replacement for PW adds just as much capacity relative to where we are today as a (comparable) new addition somewhere else would.

Sure. I guess my issue/thought/concern about that is that they are more likely to build the Encanto attraction in the same timeframe as a whole Dinoland redo where as if they built (say) a Lion King ride in Africa, they could expedite that to get open and add that capacity as quickly as possible. The park is going to be annoying if/when they close TS and Dinosaur. As though the lines in Pandora aren't already bad enough.....

UNCgolf

Sure. I guess my issue/thought/concern about that is that they are more likely to build the Encanto attraction in the same timeframe as a whole Dinoland redo where as if they built (say) a Lion King ride in Africa, they could expedite that to get open and add that capacity as quickly as possible. The park is going to be annoying if/when they close TS and Dinosaur. As though the lines in Pandora aren't already bad enough.....

It's not just the attractions, either. It'll also take Restaurantosaurus offline, which is pretty popular (likely because it's an easy place to get food for kids with chicken nuggets/burgers) and will increase waits/crowding at other QS locations, as well as shops, the Boneyard playground, and even the carnival games. All of that helps reduce crowding in other areas of the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom