EMH wristbands to be discontinued September 7th

KingStefan

I always thought they should give out wrist bands at the hotels...

That's a great idea! But you'll always have to have them at the parks as well, because some people with hoppers will change their minds mid-day, and decide to go to EMH when they hadn't planned to do so earlier. It would really reduce the wait, though.

jt04

Yea, but is people having to get up at 6:00 AM every morning of their vacation to enjoy a perk really all that marketable?

I don't think Disney would require guests be at the park at 6:00 AM. Plus they could then have more evening special events and E-Ticket nights. This would probably create more revenue than selling off chunks of Disney World does.

djpoore94

I don't think Disney would require guests be at the park at 6:00 AM. Plus they could then have more evening special events and E-Ticket nights. This would probably create more revenue than selling off chunks of Disney World does.

They wouldn't open the parks at 6 AM, but in order to get there for EMH, say at 8 AM, most people would need to get the family up about 6 AM to get everyone ready (dressed, breakfast etc).

DisneyJoe

and a 6 am wake-up call every morning does not seem compatible with "vacation" to me.
For those of us who are up at 4:45am every day, 5 days a week, a 6am wake-up call is sleeping in!

We love being the first ones in the park in the morning.

I'd happily welcome back 7 days a week Extra Morning Hours and E-Ride nights.

djpoore94

and a 6 am wake-up call every morning does not seem compatible with "vacation" to me.

Thanks! That was totally my point. I may be in the minority here, but when I'm on vacation, even at Disney, I would like to relax and enjoy things at a slower pace. If I don't see everything, I'll catch what I missed the next time, it give me something extra to look forward to!

jt04

Getting too soft?

For those of us who are up at 4:45am every day, 5 days a week, a 6am wake-up call is sleeping in!

We love being the first ones in the park in the morning.

I'd happily welcome back 7 days a week Extra Morning Hours and E-Ride nights.

Thanks DisneyJoe! If 6:00 AM is "too early" for people I think that is evidence enough we need to bring back the draft. :ROFLOL:

If your kids can't get up at 6:00 at Disney World it is either too much sugar in the diet or too much time on the Playstation or both (IMO)

Eyorefan

To me its a lot more relaxing to get up at 6, hit all the major rides and right about lunch time go head back to the room for a nap or swim. Mean while all the "relaxed" vacationers who slept in can stand in those 60 minute lines in the 90 degree heat.

fosse76

Again if EMH were during the morning only people would only need to take their resort ID's out to get in. Think of all the benefits to guests and Disney that getting rid of evening EMH would bring. Seems like a no brainer to me.

The issue seems to be twofold. Disney is clearly trying to save money. Eliminating employees who pass out wristbands will save money, and eliminating the wristbands will save money as well. As long is the park is open longer the public will think it is an added perk...crowded or not.

KingStefan

Again if EMH were during the morning only people would only need to take their resort ID's out to get in. Think of all the benefits to guests and Disney that getting rid of evening EMH would bring. Seems like a no brainer to me.

We LOVE EEMH in addition to morning. The character and benefits are admittedly different. I admit that from what I've heard it doesn't work at its best in the evening during the busiest times of year. But in light to moderately heavy times it is fantastic. It depends on the park, too. It is especially good at AK.

Well be grateful you dont vacation with me, :animwink: A small price to pay for an hour of more manageable lines, compared to the joke that is EEMH. which is also a waste of good drinking time.

Yes, MEMH is REALLY fabulous anywhere. I still like EEMH though, despite the compelling argument you make about drinking time - that's hard to argue!:lol:

To me its a lot more relaxing to get up at 6, hit all the major rides and right about lunch time go head back to the room for a nap or swim. Mean while all the "relaxed" vacationers who slept in can stand in those 60 minute lines in the 90 degree heat.

Nail/head.

One more point I don't think anyone has mentioned. For me, EMH works better with hoppers. EMH (M or E) parks are more crowded during regular park hours. We like to hit the MEMH park, then when it starts filling up, go to Len Testa's "Best park" for that day (see touringplans.com crowd calendar). Same with EEMH only in reverse. Works pretty well for us.

the-reason14

I prefer the evening emh to the morning ones. To me, I rather get up and go to the MK at a regular 9 o clock opening when everything is open, then get up earlier to hit the MK for an emh when only half of the park is open, therefore making it more crowded at that half of the park that is open.

nibblesandbits

Sorry...count me in as one of those who likes to "sleep in" on vacation. Getting up at 6 am to be at the parks is WAY too early for me. I'm a night owl. I can stay up late, no problem...but try and get my butt out of bed at 6 am...and watch out! I am no happy camper.

That's why I enjoy the EEMH...they cater to those of us who are the night owls. Who can stay up til 1 am or later no problem. Disney made it so it's accessible to everyone. That seems fair to me.

ToTBellHop

Im not sure if this has been posted yet, but I just looked at the EMH site on Disney.com and saw this:

"To take advantage of Extra Magic Hours at the Water Parks, you must have a Resort I.D. and the Water Park Fun & More Option on your Magic Your Way Ticket or a One Day Water Park Ticket for the Park offering the Extra Magic Hours benefit that day. "

I thought that as long as you were a resort guest you were eligable???
You are, but you don't get into the water parks for free. That just says that in order to take advantage of the EMH at the water parks, you need to both be a resort guest (have the Key to the World) and actually pay to be in the water park (either have Water Parks and More or a 1-day water park ticket). The same is true of EMH in the theme parks--you need to be a resort guest and have a valid admission ticket into the park that day.

mickeyismyhero

i my self like the magic hours at night better.For some reason we are always late for the morning magic hrs.After fighting to get the kids up showered and out the door then breakfast.Its almost over so the evening works better for me.And i am sure that i am not the only person who has this problem.My kids are 2,3,6,and 10.I really love it in december at the mk.The looks on there face says it all the like it during the day but at night its like WOW to them.

bgraham34

I much prefer nightime EMH. I dont need to get up and into the parks any earlier than I do know. And I especially love EMH at night at MK. So pretty just to be there at night. I was not a big fan of having to show your room key because I had to keep it in a convenient place and I could not find any.

CaptainAshley

Honestly, I really hate the nighttime EMH system. I much preferred the old E-Ride Nights they had back in the late 90s, early 2000's. The tickets were limited and were sold (yes, sold for like, $10 a ticket on top of regular admission) to resort guests on a first-come, first-serve basis. You had to find the right date on the little hand-out from the lobby, get to MK guest relations early, and return after a certain time to pick up a wristband. It took a lot of planning and it was always worth it. They cleared out the park of everyone else. It really felt like we had the Magic Kingdom all to ourselves after hours. I mean, I remember running through the dark Space Mountain queue over and over and getting straight onto the ride. They couldn't load us fast enough! Now, it's ridiculously busy because every resort guest heads to the same park for each EMH night. I'd rather be at any other park than the designated one on an EMH night. But boy do I miss the E-Ride set-up... I would pay an extra hundred dollars for that experience just one more time.

Pete C

That's what park hoppers are for. You hit a non-night EMH park by day, rest, then hit the EMH park from evening to night. Night EMH is my favorite because I like walking around the parks at night with everything lit up. Also, like others have said, getting up at the crack of dawn on vacation is just not going to happen. I guess that will change if and when I have kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom