Ellen's Energy Adventure technical problems

Admiral01

Premium Member
UoE has the opportunity to present a very relevant topic for today. Energy is one of the main reasons anything in the world happens today. The pavilion's ride system is still neat, the material is still relevant (extremely), but it all needs an update. I personally enjoyed the original version better, because it seemed grander and more EPCOT-ish. EEA is ok, but really needs updating. Of all the attractions, all UoE needs to have for an update is new films produced. JII, WoL, and TLS all need drastic changes severely. UoE seems easier.

AngryEyes

I can see where, if you'd seen this a billion times, it would be boring. At some point, you guys who get to go there twice a week or six times a year or whatever have to understand that's not the case for 99.9% of the visitors. My family loves this ride. Loves it. Sure, if it doesn't work right, it sucks, but that doesn't make it a bad attraction. It's still relevant and it's still fun.

The Empress Lilly

Is it bad that I'd actually like to hear your plan for Energy and Epcot? Haha

Energy's a tough one because its presentation style is still one of the most impressive at WDW, but at the same time presents problems with ever-shortening attention plans, as well as people standing up and causing E-stops. Many have also noted that a bigger guest draw might also be a good choice for Epcot. I think a very interesting debate could be had between updating the ride in its current form (SSE) or scrapping the ride system completely and finding another use for the building (WOM/Test Track).
I think the ride system is still impressive. Still innovative, unusual. It has the great strenght of allowing for a large theatrical presentation, while still bearing in mind Walt's wisdom to 'keep the guests moving'.

The original UoE is one of the EPCOT pavilions that would've just looked miserably out of date by now. Frankly, parts of it always were boring even in its heyday. Shame they replaced it all by something that stands the test of time even worse. But that was and is about the quality of the movies, not the ride system. Where there are lasers, mirrors, rousing scores nobody was bored. Surely some show guys somewhere can come up with something flashy? Like the orginal, but then with today's technology? Me, I'd hire an avant garde filmmaker, and a showman, and a sustainable energy expert and put the three of them in conclave until they come up with a killer makeover concept.

Please leave those dinosaurs intact for all eternity. They remain a sight to behold. No part of the dino areas in either UNI or DAK have managed to improve on it, neither can rivel UoE for sheer atmosphere. But restore the old version. Dinos die. They die drowning in tar pits. That's how their fossils are preserved. They are not swimming for fun like a baby dolphin.

The Radok Cubes preshow still looks fresh and awesome thirthy years later. Genuine artistry, of which EPCOT had so much and of which so little survived. Imagene, if you will, in the current climate an EPCOT movie that is not based on some C-eleb, does not feature a cartoon merchandidse franchise. But that is made by a Czech avant-garde filmmaker! :eek:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I love UoE, but I'm afraid it needs to be pretty much gutted and made into a REAL pavillon. The average guest doesn't want to be on one attraction for that long anymore. They want a handful of smaller experiences.

BryceM

I love UoE, but I'm afraid it needs to be pretty much gutted and made into a REAL pavillon. The average guest doesn't want to be on one attraction for that long anymore. They want a handful of smaller experiences.
I agree 100%. When I went to Epcot for a field trip, we could have either done Mission: Space (it had a short wait), Test Track (single rider) and Spaceship Earth in the last hour. Granted, we had already done all of those attractions once, so decided for Energy Adventure... We had no clue it would last that long. It was insane. I would have rather re-rode all of 3 of those attractions than spent practically an hour on UoE.

WED99

Original Poster
you was there for the show lastnight? (4/20) if you watch a youtube video of good performance with everything working. its amazing. its a shame that a show like this is becoming worst everyday.
No, I was there 4/19 and nothing seemed to be broken. All the barges worked, including the one inside the earth. The pavilions all lit up. The laser wall things worked. The fireworks seemed to be fine.

To be honest, I never like the show that much. I find it hard to see what's on the earth, the fireworks are average compared to wishes and it doesn't work with the amount of obstructions around the lagoon.

BoarderPhreak

I don't know about you... But after a long, hot day of walking and crowds - the A/C luxury of chilling (literally) for a while in UoE is kind of nice!

Good for a nap too, should you choose that route. ;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nah... keep at least something resembling a more mature presentation for those with attention spans longer than the next NextGen queue.

But please update this movie theatre. It has so much potential.

jt04

Nah... keep at least something resembling a more mature presentation for those with attention spans longer than the next NextGen queue.

But please update this movie theatre. It has so much potential.

I first suggested and others have followed that the pavilion be given a Horizon-esque storyline using the current theaters. That would be a project I could get excited about. Possibly with smaller trackless ride vehicles. Lots of potential there.

CrazyDisneyFan

No, I was there 4/19 and nothing seemed to be broken. All the barges worked, including the one inside the earth. The pavilions all lit up. The laser wall things worked. The fireworks seemed to be fine.

To be honest, I never like the show that much. I find it hard to see what's on the earth, the fireworks are average compared to wishes and it doesn't work with the amount of obstructions around the lagoon.
weird. the only time i enjoy illuminations is during the holidays when they have the special ending. the earth is getting old, i saw everything on the globe that night. (it depends on where you are around world showcase.) i wouldnt mind a new firework show for epcot, the only problem is, it cant be to disney.... meaning epcot is about the history and future of the world. not about the fab 5 or anything else.

pumpkin7

I agree with whoever said refilm Ellens sequences.
It is outdated but they probably aren't going to do anything about it because Ellen still does a lot with the Disney Company and because there's now going to be a Finding Dory film, why would they get rid of her? If anything they just need to update it. Cheapest and quickest solution.
If they wanted to spend more money, then yes re do, but they won't and they aren't because Ellen is still relevant in todays Disney world.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom