Ellen's Energy Adventure technical problems

WED99

Original Poster
After my hotel and convention center are on-line and the new mega Space Pavilion is realized I have plenty of ideas to bring back Communicore. One step at a time though. First I need the cash flow convention hotels can provide.

But using Innoventions and the plaza for the tech fest is a great idea in the interim. Thanks.

Now I can go back to sleep. :cool:
You need a hotel to get cash flow? At Disney?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
Go back to sleep, please. There's already a multi million dollar wasted space next door.

Stick the exhibits in the temporary (ha) tent in Showcase. Or, radically, actually use all the Innoventions buildings for what they were designed for. Not meet n greets and generic shopping malls.

This personifies Epcot's problems pretty effectively.

jt04

And removing an attraction to make more is not the cost effective solution.

Calling Energy an attraction is being generous. It is slow, disjointed and outdated. The best I can say is that it provides a cool break on a hot humid Florida afternoon.

And the dinosaurs could be better utilized elsewhere. It is Future World after all.

tl77

I really liked the original UoE because of the "epic" wide screen aerial photography of the films, and the fact that Disney pulled the multi-plane animation camera out of storage for the first time in decades to do the animated dinosaur sequences

The Ellen version to me is like watching a sitcom in a movie theater, it's funny but I think it's a little underwhelming in terms of production value

Both versions cover pretty much the same information, but if they replace Ellen with anything, my vote would be for something along the lines of the cutting-edge "epic" approach of the original show

...and if they brought back the "Age of Aquarius", choir-singing, original theme song I wouldn't mind at all, even though it was probably 10 years out of style the day it opened in '82, I still love that crazy theme song

jt04

Dead right. Use the tent in Showcase, like I said. And use attraction buildings for.... attractions!

There is plenty of room in Future World for new attractions. Future World needs the dynamism a hotel and convention center on site could provide. By sacrificing Energy a revitalized Future World becomes feasible.

Or they could continue with the status quo which lacks vision or seemingly any sort of 'future'.

IMO.

jt04

Thankfully, its just YHO.

Remember, rotating conventions can be attractions unto themselves. In this scenario they would be open to ticket holding guests. And it is not just my opinion. Eddie Sotto has suggested something similar as has a popular Disney blog he and WDW74 often discuss.

It is time for Future World 2.0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nothing half a billion dollars wouldn't fix. Or so. Without the help of a hotel.

Didn't you hear? The Epcot resort got shelved.

jt04

I really liked the original UoE because of the "epic" wide screen aerial photography of the films, and the fact that Disney pulled the multi-plane animation camera out of storage for the first time in decades to do the animated dinosaur sequences

The Ellen version to me is like watching a sitcom in a movie theater, it's funny but I think it's a little underwhelming in terms of production value

Both versions cover pretty much the same information, but if they replace Ellen with anything, my vote would be for something along the lines of the cutting-edge "epic" approach of the original show

...and if they brought back the "Age of Aquarius", choir-singing, original theme song I wouldn't mind at all, even though it was probably 10 years out of style the day it opened in '82, I still love that crazy theme song

Age of Aquarius Lounge at Disney Springs? They could incorporate the balloon ride. Add a tribute band. There you go.

WED99

Original Poster
There is plenty of room in Future World for new attractions. Future World needs the dynamism a hotel and convention center on site could provide. By sacrificing Energy a revitalized Future World becomes feasible.

Or they could continue with the status quo which lacks vision or seemingly any sort of 'future'.

IMO.
All of Future World's problems cannot be solved with a hotel and convention center. In fact it may make things worse. One of the biggest problems I find with Future World is the crowds all flood to Soarin and Test Track. UoE takes up a lot of space, enough to add a great new E-Ticket to help the spread of crowds.

Plus, a skyscraper in the middle of Epcot would just be an eyesore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom