Ellen's Energy Adventure refurbishment in 2009

EpcotServo

There isn't a sink hole in EPCOT at all.:lol:

Not true my good buddy! The Odyssey is built over a sinkhole, and is actually still sinking at an EXTREMELY low rate (Like .oooooooooooooo1 CMs a year, or some crazy mathematical figure sounding like that. :lol: )

Next time you walk the bridge inbetween Test Track and Odyssey, look below your feet at the point you get on and off the bridge and you'll see these metal plates they put down to smooth over the fact that one is higher and one is lower. They're at entry and exit points to every bridge connecting the Odyssey.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

Mr.EPCOT

(Like .oooooooooooooo1 CMs a year, or some crazy mathematical figure sounding like that. :lol: )

.000000000000001 Cast Members? :lol:

But that pond is there because of the sinkhole, isn't it? I remember Marty Sklar saying something at his October 1st talk about that they hadn't planned on putting a pond there until construction had started and they discovered the sinkhole.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The pond is indeed the sinkhole - the main part of Odyssey rests on dozens of concrete legs above the lake. Not very sinkhole friendly. I`d guess the metal plates are expansion joints, which any bridge has.

And yes, there is one under the UoE. And in the lagoon. Just not under M:S.

EPCOT Explorer

The lake in front the Odyssey is a sink hole.

Not true my good buddy! The Odyssey is built over a sinkhole, and is actually still sinking at an EXTREMELY low rate (Like .oooooooooooooo1 CMs a year, or some crazy mathematical figure sounding like that. :lol: )

Next time you walk the bridge inbetween Test Track and Odyssey, look below your feet at the point you get on and off the bridge and you'll see these metal plates they put down to smooth over the fact that one is higher and one is lower. They're at entry and exit points to every bridge connecting the Odyssey.

the_more_you_know2.jpg

The pond is indeed the sinkhole - the main part of Odyssey rests on dozens of concrete legs above the lake. Not very sinkhole friendly. I`d guess the metal plates are expansion joints, which any bridge has.

And yes, there is one under the UoE. And in the lagoon. Just not under M:S.
I know!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:I meant to write in "Horizons" but put in "EPCOT" instead.

Stupid typo, stupid energy!:lookaroun:lol:

Disneyson 1

No, Sazzifrazz is a word people use when they're upset. Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious is a disease that only adults get.

(SNL reference for the win!)

1disneydood

Ellen should host a show from EPCOT. They could remove her AA and she could host the show from where the AA was. I can imagine her doing the robot, the ride car would stop, and she could walk over to the ride car and talk to the people.

She did one from Uni where they dropped a dummy dressed like her in the lake from a helicoptor, then a stuntman dressed as her swam to shore by some bushes, then Ellen emerged from the bushes and walked on the stage. I found it funny, but I'm biased. Her and I are both from New Orleans, and I used to stage hand for her brother's band, The Cold. :cool:

jt04

Ellen should host a show from EPCOT. They could remove her AA and she could host the show from where the AA was. I can imagine her doing the robot, the ride car would stop, and she could walk over to the ride car and talk to the people.

She did one from Uni where they dropped a dummy dressed like her in the lake from a helicoptor, then a stuntman dressed as her swam to shore by some bushes, then Ellen emerged from the bushes and walked on the stage. I found it funny, but I'm biased. Her and I are both from New Orleans, and I used to stage hand for her brother's band, The Cold. :cool:

Maybe they will just sell her AA to Uni and convert the Energy pavilion into a pavilion about Energy. Just a thought.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom