Ellen's Energy Adventure refurbishment in 2009

EdHi

Feel the glow...
here we go...
through the UNIVERSE OF ENERGY!!!

And bring back the awesome theme song...
u

I, too, have fond memories of the original. However, when I play the old music (Energy, you make the world go round . . .) my daughter rolls her eyes and says, "Is that a LOVE song to energy?!"

Yup.

Mr.EPCOT

I, too, have fond memories of the original. However, when I play the old music (Energy, you make the world go round . . .) my daughter rolls her eyes and says, "Is that a LOVE song to energy?!"

Yup.

Yes, I love the song, but I hold no illusions that it isn't corny beyond reason. I think the other one could viably be updated, though.

VT GAL

This is the perfect chance for them to say, "gee once we started the refurb we found the ride was beyond repair and we have decided to do a refurb that actually has a theme that deals with the concept of ENERGY instead of the current incoherent mess that is beyond boring and pointless."

We can hope...

jhastings74

I love the show, but it definitely needs some TLC...

(...and I was always sad to see her broadcast her show live from CityWalk instead of Downtown Disney...actually, now that I think about it, she should have done it live from inside the Energy Adventure...THAT would have been pretty neat...)

DisneyMusician2

I actually think the attraction is dated , but is still humorous and an OK edutainment experience. Much more so than its previous incarnation.

At least it doesn't talk down to anyone. It's amusing to those of us who know the characters and love them.

That being said, a sprucing up (or a brand new attraction) are welcome

ToTBellHop

Glad to see this--one of the few areas in Future World that's been left pretty high and dry recently, so it'll be nice to see it spruced up (you know maintenance budgets to a ride have been slashed when they can't even get a curtain working). Disney announces stuff so last minute, though. When are they going to announce Space Mountain's refurbishment?

Mr.EPCOT

-Sorry Ellen, we were looking for something more than just an embellishment of what I had already said.

-Is this a nightmare or what?
-Oh, Ellen, your first correct response!

promod1955

Im sad to see this under refurb for our trip, but glad to hear its getting some needed attention. Not real sure why, but I realy like this attraction.

kcnole

(...and I was always sad to see her broadcast her show live from CityWalk instead of Downtown Disney...actually, now that I think about it, she should have done it live from inside the Energy Adventure...THAT would have been pretty neat...)

She broadcast her show from there because it was on NBC and since they had an ownership stake in the parks they used it as a tie in much like Disney and ABC do things from time to time. However, she's no longer with NBC so we won't be seeing her at Universal anymore which is sad because I always enjoyed those episodes. In fact, its the only time I ever watched her show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom