News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

Giss Neric

Adding 10 dollars a day per person isn’t going to sit well with families that already think they’re paying too much. They’re better off leaving it as it is, people feel better about adding a whole park day to their already ticket and getting fastpasses with it. It’s about money not what’s feasible. Less people will buy more ticket days, and less people will pay for fastpass when they’re used to getting it free.
No, most families don't research at all and fastpasses aren't their priority which is sad cause they are the ones paying money. Pay attention to making your kids happy and planning your vacation properly too. Most of them end up in guests services, telling that they spent all these money to bring their family and make their kids happy but can't ride an attraction cause the ride is so long.

Buried20KLeague

While generally the "bonus" fastpasses were an attempt to spread crowds to attractions that didn't need it, one of the lost benefits of the paper system was exactly what you mentioned. Giving your own magic to a stranger in the form of Fastpasses. Back in the day you could make someone's trip with a few Toy Story Mania fastpasses.

I used to stand at carts before we ended our trips and buy snacks one after another for the people in line.

that doesn’t happen anymore.

thomas998

Booking your fastpasses day of vs 30-60 days out would have no bearing on the means of redeeming the Fastpass (tapping the magic band against the reader). I don't understand your point.
My point is when you are going to be using your fastpass during a day in the park for 3 different attractions it makes it much more likely for you to wear the magicband all day in the park. If on the other hand you have no need for the magicband once you enter the park then you have no incentive to keep wearing it. The marketing folk like for you to wear it so that they can collect data on what you do in the parks. Ever notice that your photo gets logged onto your magic band even when you don't push it against any reader, that's because they are tracking you while you are in the park and know when you were in the mine train car that was photographed. They want that data, and the carrot they used to get you to wear the tracking device was the 3 fastpasses a day. WIthout it why would you wear a magic band that is only going to result in a new tan line on your wrist.

Hcalvert

A bit off topic here, but I haven't seen it asked anywhere. Will the ME still transport guests from MCO to Disney resorts when they open in July? Sorry of its been asked and answered.
We were thinking the same thing and decided to just drive. With the uncertainty regarding dining, we figured it would be better to have the option to just leave the "bubble" when we wanted to. Also, my husband didn't like the idea of flying right now (we're just going to use our travel credit for our June trip next year). Thankfully, we booked through DVC so we do not have to pay parking fees.

RSoxNo1

My point is when you are going to be using your fastpass during a day in the park for 3 different attractions it makes it much more likely for you to wear the magicband all day in the park. If on the other hand you have no need for the magicband once you enter the park then you have no incentive to keep wearing it. The marketing folk like for you to wear it so that they can collect data on what you do in the parks. Ever notice that your photo gets logged onto your magic band even when you don't push it against any reader, that's because they are tracking you while you are in the park and know when you were in the mine train car that was photographed. They want that data, and the carrot they used to get you to wear the tracking device was the 3 fastpasses a day. WIthout it why would you wear a magic band that is only going to result in a new tan line on your wrist.
So the bracelet that you will use to enter your hotel room, enter the park, buy food and redeem fastpasses won't be worn because you have to book Fastpasses day of? Got it.

Also, I use the keychain, fwiw.

Gearbm95

Tons of info going around here...but has it been confirmed that park hopping will not be an option when the parks reopen in July? Any insight?

Clamman73

Honestly wouldn’t mind not having to worry about making fastpasses at work at 700am and then the Disney computer is messed up and a Stitch pop-up comes up saying he ate the page, etc...

thomas998

So the bracelet that you will use to enter your hotel room, enter the park, buy food and redeem fastpasses won't be worn because you have to book Fastpasses day of? Got it.

Also, I use the keychain, fwiw.
Just because you use it to buy food doesn't mean everyone does. Most parents don't activate charge privileges on their kids magic bands. And using it to enter your room has nothing to do with whether you have it on when you are in the park.... also why are you bringing up fastpasses when they are now elimianted?

durangojim

Just because you use it to buy food doesn't mean everyone does. Most parents don't activate charge privileges on their kids magic bands. And using it to enter your room has nothing to do with whether you have it on when you are in the park.... also why are you bringing up fastpasses when they are now elimianted?
I can see the thing about charge privileges for kids not being a benefit prior to about 11 years old, but after that it’s great. I’m wondering where you get your data from.

thomas998

I can see the thing about charge privileges for kids not being a benefit prior to about 11 years old, but after that it’s great. I’m wondering where you get your data from.
From a cast member when we checked in. I was told most people don't activate charge privileges for the kids because if they did the parents would be responsible and that many parents ended up regretting giving the kids privileges. I was trying to set up my oldest kid with the privileges but was talked out of it by the cast member when I was checking in. And when I thought about it, it made sense. There are a lot of overpriced crap a kid could buy at Disney and most kids have no idea when they are being completely ripped off by a 20 dollar price for a 20 cent trinket.

durangojim

I would think that most kids would ask their parents if it was ok to purchase something before they did. THat being said we use it for food primarily in the parks or at the pools. If they’re thirsty or hungry they can go grab a snack or something to drink.

Wildstar

They can go back to the paper DAS/GAC
That won't be a option that was terminated recently. this new system is starting from scratch. this is a whole new system that Disney is experiment during a CV 19 crisis. it so bad for example it would be like testing the monorails during peak times on Halloween party and saying well monorails are down.

TrojanUSC

Alright but what about disability fast passes how is Disney going to not get sued for removing that.
That won't be a option that was terminated recently. this new system is starting from scratch. this is a whole new system that Disney is experiment during a CV 19 crisis. it so bad for example it would be like testing the monorails during peak times on Halloween party and saying well monorails are down.

Why are people assuming it will be a new system or will be removed? DAS can still function fine even if the FP lane is not operational. They were doing this at MFSR for months. They'll also need some kind of "alternate entrance" at most attractions for child swaps, service recovery issues (ie you were on earlier and it got stuck).

Wildstar

Why are people assuming it will be a new system or will be removed? DAS can still function fine even if the FP lane is not operational. They were doing this at MFSR for months. They'll also need some kind of "alternate entrance" at most attractions for child swaps, service recovery issues (ie you were on earlier and it got stuck).
It's a new system I can't post exact link but this is not the old system

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom